Ticketing info for the last concerts in December

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
linda_lakeside

Re: Honolulu - Portland - Las Vegas: PRESALE INFO WITH LINKS

Post by linda_lakeside » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:30 am

OK, at ease :) Thank you so much, you know who, for sending me the PM.
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
jeanne

Post by jeanne » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 am

Sorry for creating this... had no intention of doing this.I shall be still...and let you all do your thing...I am still new to this .accept my apopogies....jeanne
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
j6ppc

Post by j6ppc » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:03 am

Saturday:
FORCH3
HH 304 - 303

Just heard this morning- great way to start my day. Thanks Arlene for the heads up on this. jarkko thanks again for all of your efforts.

See y'all in Vegas
Bests

Jon
anthonyreno

Post by anthonyreno » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:49 am

Hello fellow Cohenphiles

This is my first time posting so good tidings to you all.
Is anyone having trouble with the Las Vegas hotel offer link below?

HOTEL OFFERS (by AEG) FOR HONOLULU AND LAS VEGAS:
CAESARS PALACE:
http://www.harrahs.com/MakeReservation. ... Code=ICLCR

It’s not working for me.

Thanks and I will see everybody in the Coliseum,
Anthony
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 am

It's up to you where you stay, but as I've been to Vegas a few times, the Imperial Palace (right across the street from Caesars) has always been a nice, kind of mid- classy play to stay (as long as they haven't changed much), and like most Vegas deals, airline/hotel deals are very reasonable (at least for those of us on the N.American continent). But if you want to be 'uptown' the MGM is also right across the street from Caesars and just a few doors down from the Imperial Palace, but likely much more expensive - good luck~
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:34 am

Re: Portland pre-sale
It looks like someone who received a Press Release disclosed the forum pre-sale on the first day. I suppose things like this can't be avoided.

http://endhits.portlandmercury.com/endh ... -is-coming
Leonard Cohen is Coming!!!
Posted by Ezra Caraeff on Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Yes! Yes! OH GOD, YES!

I get these press releases all the time and usually ignore them because artists like Leonard Cohen never seem to come to Portland. We're just too small of a market. But as it turns out, Cohen is coming to town.

The Canadian icon has extended his North American tour of "intimate 3,000-capacity venues" and will be at the Rose Quarter Theatre of the Clouds on December 8. The presale starts at 10am today (!) right here, while the rest of the tickets go on sale on September 25. Hope you saved up your Loonies, tickets range from $49.50 to $250 (before service charges).
The link went to http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com
btw. The reference to "Loonies" in a US posting brought a smile. The one dollar coins in Canada are affectionately dubbed "Loonies" because of the loon engraved on one face of the coin.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Nomadic had a great idea. Would it be a better to put this http://www.lcfans.us/vegas/ in with one of the Vegas meetup threads or in it's own thread at the top so it is not missed?

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
caroleb

Post by caroleb » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:18 am

Hi All
I need to book my flight to Vegas soon and wonder if anyone is going to be around on Thursday evening?

Carole
bridger15

Post by bridger15 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:29 am

caroleb wrote:Hi All
I need to book my flight to Vegas soon and wonder if anyone is going to be around on Thursday evening?

Carole
Hi Carole,

Many of us will be arriving on December 9 = Thursday night.
See the meetup thread: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=22906#p248087

Looking forward to seeing you again.
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
adrumack

Post by adrumack » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:51 pm

Hello all,
I'm a new user here and am a little confused about the seating situation for the two Vegas shows. I'm wondering what's going on sale to the public this Saturday? I think the origianl link said the seats were all Front Orchestra but trying for seats on 12/11 i got 1STMZ5-Row D ($79/per). When I tried for 12/10 i got ORCH5-Row L ($99/per).
I've looked at the seating chart on the original link AND through Ceasar's web sight...still confused.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Adrumack - From Sunny (for the moment) PDX
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:46 am

Hi adrumack,

Oh dear :( , I think you may have missed out on the best seats....unfortunately. The "presale" of tickets for Forum members started on September 7th (over 2 weeks ago) and runs through September 24th. THEN, on Saturday the 25th the public sale starts on Ticketmaster. However, I'm sure some seats in the front orchestra may have been held back for the Saturday public sale, so make sure you are online as soon as it starts to see what is available.

I don't know if you've ever been in the Colosseum, but virtually every seat is excellent. It's an intimate theatre.

Good luck with the public sale...I would now suggest waiting until Saturday and giving it a try instead of settling for what may be left in the presale. Us LC fans tend to be a little obsessive/agressive when it comes to tickets and probably all the prime seats were taken in the first couple of hours ;-)

All the best,
Diana

ps...welcome to the Forum.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:08 am

y da2008 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:23 pm
or maybe we can just let leonard be in charge and have HIS moment
Bottom line is that I agree with this perspective. A quietude of Leonard's presence at the end, fully visible for lack of anything in the air or on the stage, seems so fitting. I could be wrong, of course, yet I feel a very simple, classy ending would be most appreciated by him.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
anneporter

Post by anneporter » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:50 am

hear, hear, Lizzy!
rpan

Post by rpan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:30 pm

adrumack wrote:Hello all,
I'm a new user here and am a little confused about the seating situation for the two Vegas shows. I'm wondering what's going on sale to the public this Saturday? I think the origianl link said the seats were all Front Orchestra but trying for seats on 12/11 i got 1STMZ5-Row D ($79/per). When I tried for 12/10 i got ORCH5-Row L ($99/per).
I've looked at the seating chart on the original link AND through Ceasar's web sight...still confused.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Adrumack - From Sunny (for the moment) PDX
There is another link in this article with a different password to the forum one and they are currently offering some 8th row Orchestra stall seats at the side - I cannot say anything more about what these Encore offer seats are, just noticed it via a twitter posting if you don't want to wait to Saturday public sale.
http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2010 ... vegas.html
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Alrighty, then... full disclosure:

I've never commented on this in the least, as I thought perhaps my thinking was wrong, as the aware-of-it majority were so fully in favour. Still, I feel that now is the time to offer my full [supported with details] perspective on Leonard's last night[s] on his 2010 Tour, since I was part of the 'melee' on the last night of his 2009 Tour... so this comes from the feelings of a full participant at that time.

It seemed to turn out okay, even fine, even delightful... however, it did not bear repeating, and I squirmed when I read mention of that possibility. Now, we are at virtually the 'same' juncture... the ending of this year's Tour. Only something is even more different now. Now, we have Leonard's comments suggesting that there may not be another one. There are many variables and a major contingency. There are multiple members of Leonard's band and a huge number of his touring company. Leonard has stated that he won't go on tour again unless he is backed by this very same band; I've no idea whether this extends to his crew, as well. However, with such a large number in his band and an unknown date for a new tour, but contingent on the release of his new album, as well [with definitely no date on that], all of these people need to continue to live their lives and earn income. So, who knows who will even still be available at that unknown date in the future, which cannot even be planned around with any future employment or gigs... "Well, I need to be free for release when/ever Leonard is available for touring, again" ~ hmmm, doesn't wash too well with future 'employers.'

All of that is to say that this may, IN FACT, be Leonard's last night on tour. Leonard deserves only the very best for closure on this night. Sheer elegance.

This relates at this moment to my sharing my feelings at the time regarding our blouse throwing [again, I was a participant] in San Jose on the last night of Leonard's 2009 tour. Of course, we didn't know if it would be his last night of touring, as it could always end at ANY time.

When I first was made aware of the idea, my thoughts [which I recall sharing with only one person] were that "This is either an incredibly tacky or incredibly cool idea... and the jury was still out with me on which. I felt apprehensive about it and did not rush out to buy a blouse, though when I finally did, after seeing the wide, private support for it, I bought several, in case others wanted to join in, but lacked a blouse to do so.

The moment came, we flung them as best we could [though I had to hand mine forward for that, due to my seat location]. It clearly took Leonard by surprize and the band smiled. It seemed to turn out okay and it brought joy and laughter around the world, as people read about it and saw it on video. My feelings remained ambivalent.

I thought, "Okay ~ a ONE-TIME-ONLY happening, please" ~ I feared that if it reoccurred anywhere in the world, we might see "Closing Time" omitted from the setlist and future audiences would miss out on hearing in person an unusual and delightful song of Leonard's.

My reasons for that concern [which are again resurfacing] is that Leonard is the Master of Precision and Perfection. His words, his movements, his clothing, his singing, his music, his STAGE with its Oriental rugs and exquisite beauty ~ and every one of those factors for his band, as well. Does he really want his regal, elegant, and beautiful stage effectively 'cluttered' with anything he didn't deem to have placed there on his own? Our actions certainly were a GRAPHIC demonstration of our love for his work, but was it the best and the most appropriate for him? My ultimate [undisclosed] feeling was that it really wasn't. Cotton and maybe even polyester :shock: everywhere... 'funny,' yes... one time... Done.

Now, however, we are looking at very possibly Leonard's LAST night for our seeing him and his band onstage... and the thought of throwing ANYTHING onstage feels terribly inappropriate to me. It's startling and there are risks to the people, to Leonard's hat on his head, to hats worn by others, to the faces and the instruments there... And the simple regality of Leonard's persona, so carefully wrought across time with serious and fitting intention. Do we really want to see anyone hit by something... or worse yet, shielding themselves from that? Leonard has a wonderful, delightful sense of humour that has shone through many times, but why challenge it on his last night?

My vote ~ regardless of who it is that comes forth with some seemingly great idea for throwing anything ~ is that we allow Leonard's memory of that night to be unfettered, uncluttered, unmarred, by anything that the collective or individualized 'we' think would be fun. He deserves the grandeur of a Shakespearean play or Grand Opera. My vote is to let it simply be that he leaves his stage with our overwhelming appreciation and love. My feeling is that that is enough for Leonard. It reminds me of his interview with Philip Glass regarding Philip's production of Book of Longing. The concept of "enough" and needing just to have enough, and how does one know when "enough is enough" and Leonard's response was to the effect of "... when it's enough."

Okay. There I've said it. Full disclosure, with no disrespect for anything that has preceded that night, but for extra careful, conservative concern for a truly beautiful and elegant ending to a truly beautiful and elegant tour.

As for me [unlike at Red Rocks when I danced :oops: for a bit to Closing Time ], I will be staying in my seat, except for standing ovations.

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The World Tour 2010”