Ticketing info for the last concerts in December

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Ticketing info for the last concerts in December

Post by jarkko »

-kb: if you had tickets to Honolulu, you have received an email from Ticketmaster on Wednesday, explaining how to get good seats in Oakland or Vancouver.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Jarkko

All the e-mail to Ticketmaster says is: your event has been cancelled, we feel your pain and we'll refund all your money. Nothing about tickets for Oakland & Vancouver.

"Your Event Has Been Canceled LEONARD COHEN
Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming event has been canceled:

Leonard Cohen
Baisdell [sic] Concert Hall
Saturday, December 4 th at 8 PM

As fans, we feel your pain! At least you don’t have to do anything to receive a refund.

We’ll automatically refund your order, including fees (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable) to your credit card within 7 – 10 business days. "

So, to add insult to injury, if I go to Oakland I will have to pay for the new ticket(s) before I receive the refund for the Honolulu ticket. I have had such faith in the organisation of this tour for 3 whole years. Now it has all flown out of the window over the past couple of days.

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Ticketholders for the cancelled December 4th performance in Hawaii will be fully refunded. Additionally, ticketholders for the Hawaiian date will have a private, first-opportunity window to re-purchase tickets to any of the newly announced dates. *Eligible ticket holders for the December 4th performance have been individually alerted by AEG Live via email with details on their ticket exchange window.
Info about this is supposed to be in a separate email sent by AEG (not Ticketmaster). I will ask if it already has been sent, or will be coming.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
leonardfan2010

Post by leonardfan2010 »

So, to add insult to injury, if I go to Oakland I will have to pay for the new ticket(s) before I receive the refund for the Honolulu ticket. I have had such faith in the organisation of this tour for 3 whole years. Now it has all flown out of the window over the past couple of days.

Wendy
I'm so sorry.

Honestly, if this had happened previous to me buying tickets to Las Vegas, I wouldn't have done it. I couldn't take the chance of buying airplane tickets if there was a chance the show could be cancelled.

Lynne
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of your beloved wife, Scott. That was a presumption on my part because in the context of the situation, I just took it to be that way.

I would be inconsolably devastated if this had happened to me. At this point, I'm hoping you can get to one of the other venues [and good seats seem to be ASSURED, given Jarkko's posting regarding AEG] and see Leonard in the U.S. on THIS tour. So you have seen him before, Scott? I hope that that's so, at least. My perspective is to not rely on another one happening in the future, though, or at least I know I wouldn't, given what Leonard has said [somewhere!] about putting out a new album and not touring unless it's with that album and this same band. And with its seeming to all come together in the fall of 2011, who knows who may have had to link up with other gigs to keep things going until then.

I hope you and your friends, and Wendy and Lynne and everyone else are able to work something out! Very sad to find yourselves in this circumstance, but I know it had to have been unavoidable on Leonard's/AEG's part.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
mutti

Post by mutti »

Wendy and all those who have bought airline tickets to Hawaii I hope somehow this works out for you especially re the airline tickets.
I know how expensive that can be to get to Hawaii from some places and all I can say is how sorry I am.
I had a ticket to the concert as well but had not booked anything as I was not sure if I was going and had my brother in law (who is working in Kauai)
as a back up to use the ticket if I didn't go.
Scott I wrote above that I know how much energy you have been putting into this and it would have been such a beautiful event..I am sorry its not happening and feel for you...
Anything else I have to say has been said by Lizzy and others...
but I know it had to have been unavoidable on Leonard's/AEG's part.
Whatever the reasons are for the cancellation it is beyond all of our control...
Again I am sorry and disappointed it is not happening there for all of you...
I hope you can get to one of the 2 other concerts on the westcoast...
take care
Mutti/Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

mutti wrote: Anything else I have to say has been said by Lizzy and others...
but I know it had to have been unavoidable on Leonard's/AEG's part.
Whatever the reasons are for the cancellation it is beyond all of our control...
A
Mutti/Leslie 8)
There may be a genuine unavoidable reason for the cancellation, but if I'd have paid money for flights to a far away destination like Hawaii I'd want more of an explanation than "insurmountable logistical issues".
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

scocoh wrote:We decided to fly over to Oakland for both of those shows.

In short, we are disappointed but now excited to still get to see Leonard soon. I hope we can meet some of "our people" up there!
Hi Scott. I was one of those scheduled to come for the concert and for your beach party. To "console myself," I am also planning to go to both Oakland concerts. So, I look forward to meeting both you and Sifa in Oakland.

After the forum pre-sale, we cans start an "Oakland concertgoer" thread and try to organize a meet-up so you can meet as many of "our people" as possible.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Scott,

Now that the initial shock has worn off, I must say I'm thrilled you and Sifa will be in Oakland!! At the moment I'm only planning on the December 5th concert, but who knows! The venue will be slightly different from Hawaii, but it's next to the same ocean, although I don't think we could have a good beach party.... ;-)

Still looking forward to meeting you and Sifa! Arlene has a good suggestion about a possible meetup when we find out how many of us will be there....somehow I think a lot!! :D

Diana

ps..my apologies (and condolences) as I also didn't realize, or didn't understand, that your lovely wife had passed away...sorry Scott.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

mutti wrote:Wendy and all those who have bought airline tickets to Hawaii I hope somehow this works out for you especially re the airline tickets.
There is nothing to work out - the flights to Honolulu are non-refundable and so the money is lost. And this is the second time this year for some of us - remember the postponement of the March concerts? That was undoubtedly for a good reason but it was still money lost. The only bright spot is that - for various reasons I won't bore you with - I ended up having to fly to Hawaii via San Francisco so at least I will be in the right place for the Oakland shows ......

Wendy
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Mabeanie1 wrote: The only bright spot is that - for various reasons I won't bore you with - I ended up having to fly to Hawaii via San Francisco so at least I will be in the right place for the Oakland shows ......
Wendy
:) Look forward to seeing you again Wendy! You have certainly been aiding the global economy these past few years, plus helping airlines, hotel chains, and ticket agencies to survive. ;-)
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Mabeanie1 wrote: ... I will be in the right place for the Oakland shows ...

Wendy
Hey Wendy, Looking forward to seeing you again in Oakland.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “The World Tour 2010”