Ticketing info for the last concerts in December

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Misty Marie

Re: Ticketing info for the last concerts in December

Post by Misty Marie »

Just a quick note for those with non-refundable tickets for the Honolulu concert - not sure if anyone can use this information, but all may not be lost. Most airlines are required under new regulations to allow you to use the ticket money for another ticket at a later date (usually up to a year from your ticket date). Check with your airline for specifics, but we have non-refundable tickets to Las Vegas on Southwest, and if, for some reason we couldn't use them in December, we'd be allowed one year from the date we purchased them to reuse them (depends on the airline whether we'd have to fly to Las Vegas or could credit them to a flight anywhere else, as well. In the case of Southwest, we could credit them to a flight anywhere within 12 months.)

Here's what I found from CNN - the link to the rest of the article appears here: http://www.cnn.com/TRAVEL/ADVISOR/ticket.refunds/
(CNN) -- If you get a deal on airfare, you can be fairly certain you're getting a "non-refundable" ticket. But that doesn't mean it will have no value if your travel plans change. Travelers are often confused by what "non-refundable" means when it comes to airline tickets. In general, it means that you won't get any money back if you cancel or change your flight. However, most airlines will allow flyers to apply the face value of the canceled ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket. In those cases, a penalty of $50 or $75 usually is charged.

(Check the link for more information on restrictions and deadlines.)

On a personal note, I'm sure those of you with Hawaii concert tickets are devastated and angry. If Las Vegas was cancelled, I would feel just like you do. Even though I wasn't planning to attend the Honolulu concert, I'd be interested as to why it was cancelled, too. Anyway, I hope this information helps.
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

scocoh wrote:Sounds great, Arlene.

We can talk about it in that coming thread, but initial info----We won't be there until late Sat night.

If you don't mind I'll let you start the "Oakland concertgoer" thread so as not to duplicate. Oh man I am feeling MUCH better than yesterday. :)
Well, it is quite obvious you are feeling MUCH better than yesterday. First you decide to fly to Oakland for two concerts and then you delegate work to a mere woman. Sheesh. So typical of a happy, carefree man. :D

Let's wait until after the forum pre-sale to see if a Bay area forum member will take on organizing a get-togther even if just drinks.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Arlene is FAR from a mere woman! However, I do think someone from the Bay area might be best to suggest meetup locations. Need not be anything fancy...just a place to meet before or after one of the concerts. Casual. Have no idea how many might be involved but think Oakland can definitely accomodate us!

And, yes....I am so glad to see you in a slightly happier mood Scott!! There are no accidents...truly...

Diana
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

I can only go to Dec 5 concert but I'd be happy to research locations for an Oakland meet-up. I know the area pretty well and there are several good choices for a pre-show meet-up... drinks/early dinner within walking distance of the theatre. Unfortunately there is not much open after midnight on a Sunday night in the (iffy) neighborhood of the magnificent Paramount Theatre. Sooooo...I don't know about post-show. :?

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting new friends!! (I can't believe this is happening...Oakland...Paramount...again...I'm in total shock.)

Esther
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Misty Marie wrote:Travelers are often confused by what "non-refundable" means when it comes to airline tickets. In general, it means that you won't get any money back if you cancel or change your flight. However, most airlines will allow flyers to apply the face value of the canceled ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket. In those cases, a penalty of $50 or $75 usually is charged.
Hi Misty Marie

Thank you for your thoughts. As it happens, I am aware of what "non-refundable" means. In fact, I have had to change some non-refundable flights already this year, most notably after the postponement of the March dates. However, that was in Europe - and there's the problem. I am in the UK, not the US and have no use for an internal US flight in the next twelve months or any other time.

Unless of course (and this is the evil little thought that popped in to my mind very late last night) someone has a good - preferably first row - ticket for Portland that they cannot use?

Edit: I have decided not to go to Portland unless someone makes me an offer I can't turn down (i.e. centre front!) Change fees on United are $150 plus any fare difference.

Wendy
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

mnkyface wrote:I can only go to Dec 5 concert but I'd be happy to research locations for an Oakland meet-up. I know the area pretty well and there are several good choices for a pre-show meet-up... drinks/early dinner within walking distance of the theatre. Unfortunately there is not much open after midnight on a Sunday night in the (iffy) neighborhood of the magnificent Paramount Theatre. Sooooo...I don't know about post-show. :?

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting new friends!! (I can't believe this is happening...Oakland...Paramount...again...I'm in total shock.)

Esther
Thanks, Esther, for offering to share your knowledge of that area. How about staring the new thread whenever you feel the timing is right.

I am considering staying at the Marriott. It is close to the theatre and I have some free points accumulated from going to Bridge Tournaments :D

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Wendy ~

From all I'm reading, going to Vancouver would be worth the trip, in itself... and a lot better than suffering the whole of your loss [even though it means some extra switching money]. Apparently, some have been able to get sympathetic customer service people, who have switched flights free of charge [happened in Red Rocks, where it didn't even occur to me to try for that :? ] or you could at least TRY for a lesser charge, after lamenting what happened! It's not a volitional change on your part, and the airline would make more money, even if there were no fee, as you would have paid for a more expensive flight to have settled for a less costly one.

Really, really try for the auto-'upgrade' to the first/better[?] tickets in Vancouver, too, since you're one of the affected ones... and in your particular case, one of the severely impacted ones.

Absent rancour, just really really try for them to sympathize/empathize with your [in the scheme of these things] really dire situation!

I'm hoping for the very best for you in all of this, and am looking forward to seeing you in Las Vegas.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Thanks Lizzy for your thoughts and suggestions. However, Vancouver is out for me. I love the city and will return to it some day soon but I would have to change all sorts of arrangements to leave the UK in time for the show on December 2.

W

PS I see I have just made my 1,000th post!
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

Hi Misty Marie

Thank you for your thoughts. As it happens, I am aware of what "non-refundable" means. In fact, I have had to change some non-refundable flights already this year, most notably after the postponement of the March dates. However, that was in Europe - and there's the problem. I am in the UK, not the US and have no use for an internal US flight in the next twelve months or any other time.

Unless of course (and this is the evil little thought that popped in to my mind very late last night) someone has a good - preferably first row - ticket for Portland that they cannot use?
No problem, Wendy. I just thought maybe the information I found would be of some help (encouragement?) to someone. Missing a concert is bad enough, but losing thousands of dollars in the process only adds insult to injury. It's been 34 years since I've been to Hawaii, and going there wasn't cheap then.

I hope you get your Portland ticket! ;-)
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

AH! PORTLAND! Sorry, Wendy... by the time I started responding to you, my mind had switched Portland to Vancouver.

I really hope you end up being able to turn lemons into lemonade with this situation. The only thing I know for certain is that you wouldn't regret it, especially since a huge sum seems to already be irrevocably and irretrievably gone :cry: .

Best wishes, Wendy,
Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Mabeanie1 wrote: PS I see I have just made my 1,000th post!
Yay Wendy! Congratulations on post 1000! Doesn't get us a cut on tickets ;-) but it's still a special moment!

Diana
FanForLife

Post by FanForLife »

ladydi wrote:
Yay Wendy! Congratulations on post 1000! Doesn't get us a cut on tickets ;-) but it's still a special moment!

Diana
And a doubly special moment then when someone reaches 2,000 !
2008 - dublin (kilmainham - the best, ever)
2009 - dublin (The Point) and tampa and NY(MSG) and san jose
2010 - sligo (second best) and oakland and portland and las vegas
2011 - lenny and me were resting, so we were
2012 - dublin (kilmainham again) and austin
2013 - dublin (The Point, 2 times)
2014 & 2015-enjoying the memories and saving the pennies; just in case; just in case..............
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

HA!!! How COOL is THAT!!! Were these both done at the same time, Diana :D and Wendy :D ??

CONGRATULATIONS to you BOTH, Diana 8) and Wendy 8) !!! Keep those postings coming 8) 8) !!!

Love,
Lizzy :D
~ Oscar Wilde
mutti

Post by mutti »

Guess what! I also reached 1,000 last week... :roll: ;-) :roll:
Congratulations Wendy and you too Diana!
who would have thought...'
Mutti/Leslie ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...

Return to “The World Tour 2010”