CONCERT REPORT: Florence (Firenze), Italy, Sept. 1, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jeanne

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Florence (Firenze), Italy, Sept. 1, 2010

Post by jeanne »

PIER PAOLO..............YOUR VIDEO BROUGHT ME RIGHT BACK TO THE SQUARE.....YOUR WORK WAS TRULY BEAUTIFUL...YOU ARE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF..................FOR ME IT WAS PERFECTION.....THANK YOU........JEANNE
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

gallina - these are truly beautiful photos. The two group shots, #33 and the other, are so very good because of the shooting angle! Thank you for posting these.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

gallina wrote:Finally I managed to uppload my Florence pictures. There are on FB.
Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... af5d9cb125
Fantastic album, Szilvia. Your photos are outstanding! And they reflect your passion and enthusiasm.

Well Done!
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

Gallina...............they are so beautiful.....you did a wonderful job and you thought you would not.....If you remember how bad i was with the camera....i do not have one picture of my own to hold....everything is is the computer......I think i will give that job to my son......much love ........Jeanne
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
harald

Post by harald »

dear friends of the florence meet up
just wanted to thank you, for beeing there, for staying a while together
jeanne, your enthusiasm and your strength
thanks andrea for arranging the meetup (i´ll send you a pm with our email adresses for the photos, thanks)
marco, i enjoyed talking with you
vali, thank you for your great pictures
wendy, i am glad i can now connect a face with mabeaine
and with you, trish
szilvia, thanks for your caring
meritxell and beatriu, whom of you may i look forward to see in marseille?
ute and paolo, i hope you will find a chance for a second concert
and all other friends who were at the 7secoli and the concert
i hope to see you again
best for all
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

Dear Harald.....It was wonderful meeting you and I hope we meet again soon...life is too short when with friends, and too long, without them..Thanks for helping me get to the stage..... I really pushed and shoved my way through and you made room for me....Thank you .....love Jeanne
gallina

Post by gallina »

Friends, thank you for your precious comments on my Florence album. I'm so glad to get these memories and to share them with these outstanding people - with you.

Harald, thank you for your warm words, I was really pleased to meet you and your wife. (Ed era un gran piacere poterti parlare in italiano.)

Some of my pictures were taken and put on 1heckofaguy website, with a few lines of Allan:

http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/09/09/signs ... -florence/
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

Gallina....That site heck of a guy is fantastic................I loved it and cant wait to really get into it more...........just another wonder of your marvelous beauty and love and sharing with others.....I am honored that you are my friend and we shared Florence together....I wish for those tears to go away , my friend......You are a beautiful human being......only smiles for you and your monkey.....Hope for many times together again.................My deepest affection and love....................................Jeanne
Rikhard

Post by Rikhard »

Perhaps I gather my courage and make an entrance to this forum by writing some thoughts about the consert in Florence, now that I'm finally in front of computer that has a reliable internet connection.
The consert in Helsinki was an unforgettable evening, and left me with a feeling that I'll have to see the Leonard again on this tour and I decided to go to Florence against all financial logic. And the night was truly worth it. The arena itself was amazing, it was great to see the band perfom under a strarry sky in old Florence, on that beautiful square of Saint Croze.
Leonard was in great shape, and I have to honor the way he delivers every single word in a way that makes you believe in them, alltought his singing is more some kind of rytmical, poetic speaking than actually singing.
The consert was kind of short (there aren't actually many band that can play a two and a half hour as a short consert), but it was played with unbelievable skill and emotion. Starting from the very first song the band played with a passion that I've very rarely fitnessed, especially Dino was in flames. I could only stare and be impressed in front of all that was happening in stage. And the same passion did continue to the very last notes of gig. I was simpy stunned. The start of the second set had a great, mystical atmosphere, and encores were great. Webb Sisters performed "If it be your will" in very beautiful, memorable way, it was one of the highlights of the consert, and it was nice that they had a change to play even with the tight schedule.
After the consert when I walked through Florence, over square of Palazzo Vechio heading to the Duomo church where my hotel was, I could only smile with a satisfied heart. It was a night I will never forget.

I have couple of images from the consert (and also from the soundchek and the area itself) in my Facebook-page. You can see them here http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf# ... =fbx_album
gallina

Post by gallina »

Rikhard, thank you for your beautiful words. We all felt the same in that magical night in Florence.

p.s.: your album is unavailable at the moment.......could you share it, I so want to see it.

gallina
2009 Budapest

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2015 Viladrau
Rikhard

Post by Rikhard »

Oh dear, my bad. Facebook often works in strange ways, seems that there was a limited access to that album. I'm hopeful it should be now available for everyone.
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

Rikhard......................Florence was my first concert ( known Leonard forever )...If there is such a place as heaven..I paid a visit there, my week in Florence , the concert, the forum friends, the beauty of the land...........I think vegas will be different........but it may well be even more magical....Wherever Leonard is....I think the magic is Leonard and what he gives to us all, is himself as he was, as he is now, and as he will forever be, giving us the truth ................hope to meet in Vegas...............................jeanne
gallina

Post by gallina »

Firenze - the magnificent city where Leonard came to fool us...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 392c38063d
2009 Budapest

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2015 Viladrau
gallina

Post by gallina »

firenze 088.jpg
firenze 116.jpg