CONCERT REPORT: Odense, Denmark, August 14, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Odense, Denmark, August 14

Post by MaryB »

sturgess66 wrote:Google translation strikes again. This is a good one!! Leonard Cohen in his underwear. :lol:
Leonard, He Goes Right in Underwear

Inclined, comfortably, quietly. Noble. Not a bottle was thrown, Police Home Guard had no controversy - okay, there was just a couple of taxis too much sometimes.

He is just in underwear.

:lol: :lol: :lol: But noble in his underwear :lol: :lol: :lol: And who would want to go to a concert where there are too many taxis :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank goodness there were no bottles thrown!

Good one Linda! :lol: :lol: :lol:
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Lisbeth

Post by Lisbeth »

Leonard Cohen in his underwears, lucky ones who get to see that :)

The google translation is not familiar with a saying, we have in Danish, ' someone (in this case LC) being able to get into the ladies panties'. This is a nice forum, so I hope noone needs further explaining.
coolcohen1

On that day whenn my lifedream came Through(its maybe wrong

Post by coolcohen1 »

I Mett Mr. Cohen in the hotel and on that evening in Odense even there are some who did not like the concert he sang JUST for me.
many fotos will follow bothe from Gothenbourg and Odense on my fb, i'll place a link later
Attachments
frt.jpg
3 times in denmark 3 times in germany 1 in sweden 1 in norway
Concerts 2010 2 times in sweden 1 in Denmark and thenn we take Berlin
And now alsoo going to stuttgard is life not just beutifull ??

http://coolcohen.blogspot.com/
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

Marc, I am so thrilled that you got to meet Leonard, looking forward to photos!

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
coolcohen1

Post by coolcohen1 »

It was my dream that went through

i cant tell you now how i feel because i have waitet all my life for that chance, i cant put words on what this meean to me but
I AM LUCKY

And thenn i met you also, i cant explain that either, but i did try to tell it to you :D

douglas07

Post by douglas07 »

All Best wishes for the Health of Hattie Webb !!

What only poeple very close to the stage remarked, was Ms. Webb´s slight moment of waekness, but she was immediately given assistance by the crewmen and Sharon Robinson, bless you.
The show had -of course- no problems with any rain whatsoever; nonetheless "breathed an air of bluesiness" which in my humble opinion was due to the selected "more darker cohen" songs (setlist anyone?) presented on stage, ---aaaand maybe the danish people in front of the stage. Some of them being slighty reserved
The band was in utterly good form, especially Mr Dino Soldo; Mr Larsen took to the accordion (my musical beast of burden) on "Partisan" and Mr Cohen was in that brilliant shape as always. But my personal Impression was that Ms Robinson took the crown this evening with two vocal-solos being downright unearthy.
In Short: One of that concerts only an evening with Mr Cohen can produce.
Thanks, Mange Tak, Tack sa mycket & dankeschön
1970s "Beautiful Loosers"; 1980s "Poems of ..."
UH Tour: Oslo-Copenhagen-Cologne; Odense; OI-Tour:Ghent-Odense
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

STURGESS66......THEY DID GET ONE THING RIGHT " VOICE THAT MELTS WOMENS HEARTS AND MAKES GROWN MEN CRY "..........WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO SAY THAT TRANSLATED TO UNDERWEAR .......IT IS FUNNY....THANKS FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS ..I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THE FORUM.....AND I REALLY APPRECIATE FINALLY HAVING A PLACE TO SPEAK MY THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS AND HEAR FROM OTHERS.............I WILL SEE HIM FOR THE FIRST TIME LIVE IN FLORENCE ( WITH MELTING HEART AND MANY TEARS ) .....THANKS AGAIN ............JEANNE
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

COOLCOHEN1...NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR ' LIFETIME DREAM COME TRUE " it is perfect!!!!!!! so happy for you truly. I can only imagine what you felt....you will carry it forever in your heart..........jeanne
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

Lisbeth wrote:Leonard Cohen in his underwears, lucky ones who get to see that :)
For those of you who wish to see Leonard in his underwear (see from 2:24 to the end of the clip) ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko7Pyz55ziU

Enjoy!

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
coolcohen1

Post by coolcohen1 »

Last edited by coolcohen1 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Citizen_Kane

Post by Citizen_Kane »

Hi! Re the setlist, I have posted the message below also in the setlist thread
Hi all!

I see there has not yet been posted a setlist of the Odense concert. I was NOT at the concert, but someone at http://www.setlists.fm has posted a setlist.
Here is the link: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/leonard-c ... 5a046.html

Can anyone confirm this setlist?

thanks!
later
2008: Manchester, Brussels (2), Rotterdam - 2009: Lisboa - 2010: Lille, Dortmund - 2012: Ghent (3), Amsterdam (2) - 2013: Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam!
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

More good video from "coolcohen100" a/k/a Marc! Thanks!!

"Feels So Good"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXopZCDpZCA

"Famous Blue Raincoat"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psw3YjAEBbg

"Leonard Cohen Odense - Just Happy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZsLR6GGMq4
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

Reading the concert reports with tears in my eyes ... I would so much have loved to be there. :cry: But then ... I have some more time to look forward to those, I can attend ... :roll: :D

@ Linda

... I love your new location! 8) Didn´t you just forget to change Pennsylvania to Singapore :razz: 8) :lol:

Amrei :D
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
douglas07

Post by douglas07 »

Sorry that I forgot - but I got so used to the good things about LC´s Concerts, that I seem to take for normal:
When we arrived early at the Fruens Egens Skove we wandered why they would play a cd with "darkness" via sound-pa, until we realized that it was just the sound-check we happened to listen to.
Dear Sound-Engineer: you made -again- a superb job !!!! thx so much !!
1970s "Beautiful Loosers"; 1980s "Poems of ..."
UH Tour: Oslo-Copenhagen-Cologne; Odense; OI-Tour:Ghent-Odense
Dano

Post by Dano »

Douglas 07- had exactly the same experience when turning up early for the second Sligo gig- assumed we were listening to a CD-until members of the band/sound team spoke over the PA- been to a lot of gigs but never experienced that kind of sound quality (particularly for an outdoor venue)- made turning up early worthwhile-based on that experience will try to catch the soundcheck at Gent this week.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”