CONCERT REPORT: Stockholm, Sweden, August 8, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

CONCERT REPORT: Stockholm, Sweden, August 8, 2010

Post by jarkko »

This thread is for your concert reviews, photos, links etc.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
vanechkas

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Stockholm, August 8, 2010

Post by vanechkas »

Could anyone say if it is forbidden to use camera on the concert of Leonard Cohen or I can take pictures? I'll be in Helsinki in Hartwall Arena.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi vanechkas,

This has been answered many times previously, however, I see you are a new member to the Forum. Even though the ticket site may say "no photography" or "no cameras" there should not be a problem carrying a small camera to the concert. They are mostly concerned with large video cameras or anyone with large professional-type cameras. However, as a courtesy to those around you and to those on stage, it is advisable to turn off the flash.

Welcome to the Forum, and enjoy the concert!!

All the best,
Diana
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

ladydi wrote:Hi vanechkas,

This has been answered many times previously, however, I see you are a new member to the Forum. Even though the ticket site may say "no photography" or "no cameras" there should not be a problem carrying a small camera to the concert. They are mostly concerned with large video cameras or anyone with large professional-type cameras. However, as a courtesy to those around you and to those on stage, it is advisable to turn off the flash.

Welcome to the Forum, and enjoy the concert!!

All the best,
Diana
Yeah photos should be ok. I took lots at Lissadell! In regards flash keep it off not only out of courtesy of course but also because photos will also come out better with no flash.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
vanechkas

Post by vanechkas »

Thank you very much for your answer!
coolcohen1

Post by coolcohen1 »

3 times in denmark 3 times in germany 1 in sweden 1 in norway
Concerts 2010 2 times in sweden 1 in Denmark and thenn we take Berlin
And now alsoo going to stuttgard is life not just beutifull ??

http://coolcohen.blogspot.com/
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Coolcohen1, that was absoulutely fabulous, brilliant video.
Were you sitting up on the stage??!!
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

in Stockholm, heavy rain and lightning on Sat night (concert is Sunday). using my frequent stayer points to hang out at perhaps the fanciest hotel in my life, the best western kung carl in the very trendy stureplan area north of the train station and concert site. rain shouldn't affect concert but will rather make sightseeing difficult during the day tomorrow if it continues. i saw a roscoe beck lookalike on the street today but as he was with a family and talking swedish i doubt it was him!
PandaElijah

Post by PandaElijah »

Yeah well, rain was terrible! But do we really care? lol
There is a crack in everything.That's how the light gets in.
rpan

Post by rpan »

Almost live... http://bambuser.com/channel/NiklasDahlq ... ast/941970 terrible quality mind you.
He may put up a few more I suspect in the seconf half.
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

How cool rypan! Anthem sounds beautiful!!!

A tweet - and I think we know this person. :D
PandaElijah - Half way through Leonard Cohen's gig in Stockholm. 2 new songs to the usual setlist! Overwelming event... 17 minutes ago via Nimbuzz
NiklasDahlqvist - @ Flashlight Leonard Cohen ... Quite magical .. Now sleep, work tomorrow ... :) Nighty! 9 hours ago via Echofon in reply to flashlight
GeoffLloyd - Leonard Cohen finished with 'Closing Time'. I shouted 'Hey! That's no way to say goodbye', but I was 16 rows back so I don't expect he heard 15 minutes ago via web
jackoty - Was in the church. a few thousand Swedes and I prayed together with Leonard Cohen. Was very nice:) # stockholm syndrome 27 minutes ago via web
sans_bleu - i said no thanks to a concert with leonard cohen tonight.regret it. fuck.fuckety fuck fuck. about 1 hour ago via web
SusanneEricsson - Just got home from a magical concert with Leonard Cohen. How wonderful it is to be so touched.. 32 minutes ago via web
lilashrink - A wonderful exhibition at Fotografiska today and a breathtaking Leonard Cohen concert! Wow :-) 5 minutes ago via Tweetie for Mac
Last edited by sturgess66 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
casaperon

Post by casaperon »

rpan, thanks for the video. I hope to see him next month!!!
2009: León|Madrid||2010: Orense||2012: Madrid||2013:Zurich
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

coolcohen1 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDBOhN0V-Ew

some of my videos

congratulations , that is , bar none , the best audience video i;ve seen . What was your equipment ?
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

think it's far to say stockholm another triumph for ´LC, show slightly shorter than oslo (set note on setlist in other thread)

dino´didn't harmonicize as much. at one point after "Manhattan" (end of first encore) LC almost fell on stage, not sure if he was backing up or getting up from kneeling, if he tripped on a wire or just lost balance. at any rate he was going sort of walking backward and almost fell over but he caught himself and didn't, laughed about it w/ a big smile and came out smiling for second encore so it was almost surely nothing significant. he was smiling quite a bit in second half tho not much chatter, not as loose perhaps as oslo.

my first time in first row. observations: LC voice seemed slightly richer´,rawer, rougher up close, occasionally some slight echo that is not heard further back, ónly a slight annoyance tho ´more than uusually in "if it be your will"

visuals clearly better of course, tho occasionally the screens showed views of things you couldn't see from my seat.

overall, i'd say up front adds maybe 10% to value. concerts are great from wherever you sit. i wouldn't pay a major premium for closer myself but i know many feel different, tonight the price difference between sections was relatively small.

my last 2010 concert but hopefully some ´nórth american appearances next year to remedy that. over and out,
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Hattie Webb keeps a close eye on the clock as the anticipation of the show start draws near.

— Globe Arena - Stockholm, Sweden
Wardrobe Head Lyssa Bloom makes a few last minute adjustments to Charley Webb’s outfit before the band takes the stage.

We’re into the solos and Javier Mas is pitch perfect with his passion.

http://leonardcohen.tumblr.com/post/923 ... s-is-pitch

Return to “The World Tour 2010”