FLORENCE ITALY CONCERT 9/1/2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jeanne

FLORENCE ITALY CONCERT 9/1/2010

Post by jeanne » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:37 pm

ANYONE ELSE GOING.?.....I AM ONE OF THE NUTTY ONES THAT WILL TRAVEL THOUSANDS OF MILES TO BE AT HIS CONCERT. MISSED HIM LAST YEAR IN FLORIDA....HE WAS JUST 4 MILES FROM MY HOME....DONT WATCH OPRA.....MISSED ANNOUNCEMANTS....SO OFF TO FLORENCE...I AM NEW TO THIS COMPUTER WORLD AND STRUGGLING TO USE IT PROPERLY..I AM NOT NEW TO LEONARD COHEN....HIS WORDS AND MUSIC HAVE BEEN WITH ME FOR OVER 40 YEARS.AND SO GLAD TO HAVE HIM BACK AND VISABLE.....MUCH LIKE AN OLD FRIEND ..LONG GONE...RETURNING WITH BEAUTIFUL GIFTS FOR EVERYONE AND SHARING HIS JOURNEY WITH US......HOPE HE REACHES THE YOUNGER GENERATION...THEY ARE IN SORE NEED OF HIM....A VERY OLD FAN.....JEANNE
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
Mabeanie1

Re: FLORENCE ITALY CONCERT 9/1/2010

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi Jeanne

Several of us will be travelling from all over Europe - maybe further - to be at the Florence concert. I will be flying from the UK the day before the concert. However, we will be driving back through the night from Denmark the day before so that I can catch my flight! Does that make me one of the "nutty ones"?! :lol:

See you there

Wendy
jeanne

Post by jeanne » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:51 am

HI....SO GLAD TO MEET YOU....WE ARE REALLY NOT NUTTY ....JUST LOVE THE WORDS..THE MUSIC..THE MAN.....IN MY LITTLE WORLD I STAND ALONE...BUT THIS TRIP WILL CHANGE ALL OF THAT..I WILL BE ARRIVING ON THE 31ST AT THE VILLA MEDICI AND STAYING FOR SIX NIGHTS.....WHAT TO DO AFTER THE CONCERT......BIG QUESTION.....LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING LEONARD COHEN WITH NEW FRIENDS..SEE YOU SOON...JEANNE
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
inforapenny

Post by inforapenny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 am

The start time on the tickets is 21.15. Does this indicate a shortened concert?
Litzi74

Post by Litzi74 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:28 am

I`ll be there, i travel from Romania, this is the only one "L C" show for me on this year...i will arrive in Florence on 30st august, i will leave Florence next day after the concert...
Vali

Bucharest 2008
Bucherest 2009
Firenze 2010
Verona 2012
yoeri

Post by yoeri » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:47 pm

inforapenny wrote:The start time on the tickets is 21.15. Does this indicate a shortened concert?
Madrid in 2009 started at 22:00. It lasted three hours, so don't worry :)
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
jeanne

Post by jeanne » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:02 pm

HI ALL................IS THERE SOME WAY TO MEET UP AT THE CONCERT IN FLORENCE...ON MY OWN......WOULD LOVE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS!!!!!! JEANNE
Rundquist

Post by Rundquist » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:56 am

Jeanne,

My wife and I live in Fort Lauderdale. We missed his concert there too, and we were very sad about it. It was the fault, and nature of, my spontaneous work schedule that kept us from being able to go, although we knew months in advance he would be there. We were hoping it wouldn't be our last chance to see him. Well, here we are working in Tuscany! Low and behold we saw an advert in a local magazine and jumped at the chance to get tickets. We are very excited. We'll be coming by train from the coastal Tuscan town, Viareggio. Maybe we'll be able to meet up for a glass of wine before the concert? I have to work the day of the concert, and the next day to we won't be there much longer than the concert lasts.

By the way, we are two of the people from the 'younger generation' that have been greatly affected by his music. It's playing as I type! I am 30yrs. old and have been listening to him in little bits from the age of 14 (1994) when my dad really started loving his music. It wasn't until 2003 that I remembered these old songs I grew up with in my teens. I've been listening to his music almost daily since 2003. Unfortunately I think his music is too deep, and thought provoking, for many of the mediocre minds that make up that majority of our POP music generations. I don't complain though. I'm just happy to have been introduced to his music. I'm also happy my wife of 2 years loves his music just as much as I do.

It will be a great concert. A wonderful venue! I am confused about times though?! I've heard 9:15pm, but on this site on the TOUR page it reads 7:00 pm. Does anyone know which time is correct? :?:

Ciao!
jeanne

Post by jeanne » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:47 am

HI....SO GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU.....I HAD HOPED HE COULD REACH THE YOUNGER GENERATION.....DEEP YES...BUT IF THEY ONLY TRY TO FEEL HIM AND NOT JUST LISTEN THEY WILL BE GIVING THEMSELVES A RARE GIFT..I AM LEONARD COHEN,S AGE...WITH A GRANDSON OLDER THAN YOU...MY FAMILY IS A MUSICAL ONE ( MY DAUGHTER TELLS ME THAT IF I HAD BEEN AS FORCEFUL WITH HER ABOUT MATH AS I WAS ABOUT MUSIC STUDY, SHE MIGHT NOT HAVE TO USE HER FINGERS TO COUNT )...MY CHILDREN WERE TEENAGERS IN THE LATE SIXTIES AND SEVENTIES AND VERY MUCH A PART OF THE CHANGING WORLD OF THE WOODSTOCK ERA WITH ALL ITS GOOD AND BAD. IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THEM I JUMPED INTO THE MELEE OF THE HIPPIE WORLD...I SAVED THEM..THEY ARE ALIVE AND WELL..... AND THEIR CHILDREN ARE ALL PERFORMERS SOME PROFESSIONALLY.....OTHERS JUST FOR LOVE......BUT I GOT CAUGHT FOREVER IN THAT GLORIOUS AND PAINFUL TIME. I AM AN OLD HIPPIE....THEY SEEM TO THINK I NEED SAVING.....NOT SO...LEONARD COHEN WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE....THE PICTURES HE PAINTS WITH HIS MUSICAL BRUSH ARE THE PICTURES OF MY WORLD...IT IS AS IF HE WAS LISTENING TO MY HEART AND MY DREAMS.......THAT TO ME IS THE SOUL OF A TRUE POET.................SORRY... I GET CARRIED AWAY......HAPPY TO KNOW SOMEONE IN MY TOWN ENJOYS HIM.....WOULD LOVE TO MEET WITH YOU BEFORE THE CONCERT...i AM ARRIVING IN FLORENCE ON THE 31ST. STAYING AT THE VILLA MEDICI FOR A WEEK UNDER THE NAME R.BARON.....LET ME KNOW HOW WE CAN MEET.......THANKS FOR CONTACTING ME.......SAFE JOURNEY.......I WILL TRY TO CHECK ON THE TIME....CIAO!!
andrea

Post by andrea » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:01 am

Hi all going to Florence,

I do not know the Florence pubs or bars , but I found out the following one, which seems to be close to the venue (Piazza Santa Croce) :
http://www.pub7secoli.com/

just to have an address where cohenites could meet up, let's say around 7.00pm, so time to talk, drink eat something together before the gig.

BUT other suggestions are of course welcome, I just wanted to give an oppurtunity to meet others :-)

ciao
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
andrea

Post by andrea » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 am

inforapenny wrote:The start time on the tickets is 21.15. Does this indicate a shortened concert?

it did start at that time in Venice last year (21.15) , but the concert lasted as usual , just over 3 hours.
So lets presume it will be the same in Florence.
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
Jonnie Falafel

Firenze September 1st

Post by Jonnie Falafel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Saw (and met LC) in 2008 in Manchester and then was fortunate enough to see Birmingham UK later that year. I never thought I'd get to see another LC concert sice the UK didn't appear on the list for early 2010.... but I moved to Italy in July to set up a B&B business and so will be going to the concert in Firenze. Are any events organized around the concert? Any meet ups planned? There'll be a real buzz in town and the setting is magnificent. Glad the reports thus far have all been as ecstatic as the previous leg.
Mabeanie1

Re: Firenze September 1st

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi Jonnie

Andrea suggested a possible place and time for the meet up here:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=22493&p=243500&hil ... ce#p243500

Wendy
jeanne

Post by jeanne » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Andrea...............will meet you there soooooooo looking forward to meeting fellow Cohenites.........................Knowing me. I will probably be there at six...................Via Ghibellina.......see you soon....................Jeanne
jeanne

Re: Firenze September 1st

Post by jeanne » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:04 pm

jonnie..............i am looking for a meet up.....andrea's suggestion Via Ghibbellina...........looks like its in the heart of the theater district...........anyplace is fine with me.......keep in touch.............thanks jeanne

Return to “The World Tour 2010”