anyone going to stockholm?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
goldstei

anyone going to stockholm?

Postby goldstei » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:21 am

or have info on getting from downtown area to the concert?
goldstei

Re: anyone going to stockholm?

Postby goldstei » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:59 am

I found this hotel--near downtown, special rate if you stay more than one night, includes a full breakfast. Swedish price translates into less than $200 for two nights (for a single room, not a double). Trip advisor ratings for the place are good:

Best Western Hotel Karlaplan
Skeppargatan 82
Stockholm,
11459, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 31 32 20
Fax: +46 8 31 32 21

Check-In: August 7, 2010 - 2PM (14:00)
Check-Out: August 9, 2010 - 12PM (12:00)
Rooms: 1
Guests: 1
Reservation Amount:
Estimated Taxes & Fees: kr 1,274.00
Included*
Total Stay: kr 1,274.00 SEK

*Taxes and fees shown on this page are estimates based on information provided by the hotel. Additional charges may apply. For more details regarding the taxes and fees, please click here.

Room 1 Details:

Guests: 1
Rate: Best Holiday 2 Nights
Room Details: 1 Single Bed, No Smoking, Moderate, Free Wireless Internet, Full Breakfast

Room Rate Subtotal: kr 1,274.00SEK
Pearlvoice

Postby Pearlvoice » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:21 am

Hello Goldstei,

Globen arena isn't very far from the city centre of Stockholm. Is has its own "t-bana" station, that's Stockholms underground train. From there you get directly to the city centre. If you're staying at that hotel at skeppargatan you'd take the T19 train (green line) direction Hässelby strand from Globen station to T-Centralen (the central station). At T-Centralen you'd change into the T 13 train (red line) direction Ropsten and get out at Karlaplan, which should be the closest station to your hotel. My hotel isn't too far from yours, so we'll probably meet :-)
holydove

Postby holydove » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi Goldstei, just saw your post. I will be in Stockholm for the concert. We will arrive on 8/7. My husband has the info about hotel location & getting to the venue. Let me know if you still need info on locations/hotels/etc., & I will see if he knows what you need, & get back to you. (I don't even remember the name of the hotel we are staying at!)

Would you like to meet up sometime before the concert?
goldstei

Postby goldstei » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the transport info. As one of the post-ees pointed out it's an easy trip using public transport as one line goes right near the venue.

I'd be up for a meetup, but I don't know the area at all. Is there someone willing to organize things who either knows the area or is willing to spend the time/trouble (I'm just trying to get to the plane on time!!).

Cheers,

Bob G.
Hartmut

Postby Hartmut » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Is anyone up for a meet-up in Stockholm after the concert?
Or maybe a meet-up before the concert? - For those of us who have to catch an early plane/train the next morning.
goldstei

Postby goldstei » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:13 pm

hi hartmut,

can you seize the initative? it should be somewhere either near the venue or near downtown i would imagine.

thanks

bob g
Hartmut

Postby Hartmut » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:19 pm

can you seize the initative?
I'll try to find the time.
holydove

Postby holydove » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Hartmut, thank you for your effort; I know nothing about the area, but if there is some way I can help (by doing something online, etc.), please let me know. . .
Hartmut

Postby Hartmut » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:41 pm

I know nothing about the area,
Me neither ... :)
but if there is some way I can help (by doing something online, etc.), please let me know. . .
Thanks. - I simply plan to use Google Earth / Maps to find a restaurant in the inner city - somewhere near the subway stations T-Centralen, Hötorget, Radmansgatan, and Odenplan. These are only about 10 minutes away from the concert venue (station Globen, line 19).

Subway map: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Stock ... ro_map.png

Maybe someone with local knowledge can suggest a restaurant.
Pearlvoice

Postby Pearlvoice » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:46 pm

I haven't been dining in that particular neighbourhood of Stockholm before, so no guarantee but I found Restaurant Pelikan looked nice and not too expensive on their website (www.pelikan.se). Lots of wood and candles. And the famous swedish köttbullar (meatballs) on the menu. It's located "near" the underground station Skanstull, which is "ours" to go to Globen, but I guess it's a little walk of approx. 5-10 minutes? to this station. From there, the Globe statium is just 2 stops to go.

Directly located inside the Globe Stadium are several bars and restaraunts as well, so maybe this would be a possibility too?

Would be nice to meet you all before the concert :)
Hartmut

Postby Hartmut » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:14 am

I found Restaurant Pelikan looked nice and not too expensive on their website
Looks quite good. Thanks.

Or what about Café 60? - Sveavägen 60, in the inner city, in the vicinity of the subway stations Radmansgatan and Hötorget that lead directly to the concert venue. - However, I also know this café only from its website (http://cafe60.se). (And yes, they also have köttbullars.)

Both the restaurant and the cafe seem to be okay for a meet-up in the afternoon before the concert.
Pearlvoice

Postby Pearlvoice » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:15 am

Gee, wonderful, Hartmut, that's a good suggestion. I like Cafè 60 and would rather opt for that.
What does everyone else think??

My flight starts in a few hours so I'll talk to you again when I'm up there in the high North :-)
Hartmut

Postby Hartmut » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Maybe it's best if we used a time window, as we did in Salzburg. Let's say between 16 and 18 o'clock? - That way nobody needs to feel rushed during his/her sightseeing.

Of course, this only really works if we are at least a handful of people. Otherwise we would need more precise timings. - So: How many will be there?
holydove

Postby holydove » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:06 am

Cafe 60 sounds good to me (of course, so would anything else, because what do I know?!)

You can count me & my husband in for whatever time everyone likes.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”