CONCERT REPORT: Salzburg, Austria, July 27, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Inna

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Salzburg, Austria, July 27, 2010

Post by Inna »

Just came back from a vacation in Austria, the pinnacle of which was seeing LC for the third time live in my life. An amazing experience once again, with a surprise first row in the middle instead of the third, and witnessing a premiere of a new masterpiece "Born in Chains." Was also very happy to meet Jarkko in person for the first time and shake hands with him at the venue, thanking him for the home which is this site.

It is indeed a religious experience for me, every song a special kind of prayer. It was beyond amazing, the atmosphere electrifying and I was drunk from the experience alone. Thank you Master for your art.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
tigrib

Post by tigrib »

2008 Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Cologne, Berlin, Colmar, Barcelona, Las Vegas, San Jose, Salzburg, Berlin, Strasbourg, Marseille, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Las Vegas 2010
2012 Ghent (x2), Berlin, Moenchengladbach, Lisbon
2013 Berlin ... Pula ... ?
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi All,

Anne & I have arrived in Krakow and finally have time to catch up before the rest of the crowd arrives.

Salzburg was just a terrific concert. I absolutely love European audiences and the high regard that they have for Leonard. I love how everyone sings along (in tune) to So Long Marianne.

I have just a couple of things to add from our seats in the 8th (6th really) row. At the end of Tower of Song, Leonard tried, it seemed to catch Sharon and the Webb Sisters of guard by shutting off the synth abruptly. You could see them smile as they obediantely stopped the Doo, Dum, Dum, Dums as the Synth went off.

During Closing Time, Leonard acted like a typical choir director, first emphsizing "God" in "it looked like God to me." Then when he sang "Declaring," he put special emphasis on it and looked at Sharon-she in turn, put extra emphasis on it in her echo and smiled broadly.

It was really great to see everyone before, during and after the concert. It will always be a terrific memory for us and Juraj we really look forward to listening to your recordings.

Hoping to see many of you here in beautiful Krakow.

Joe & Anne
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvzJq11s8qs

Hello tigrib!

Thank your for this video. great :D

Marina
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Uploaded by "neillongmayyourun" -

"Everybody Knows"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOPbDFSdKQ
Seneszenz

Post by Seneszenz »

Hello,

this was my first Leonard Cohen concert and all this talk about a recording has made me curious. How can I obtain a concert recording? thanks!
ZOOTVTOURist

Post by ZOOTVTOURist »

Yes, it would be so beautiful to relive the incredible concert ...

Return to “The World Tour 2010”