From the tour management: no visitors!

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
KjeXXXer

Re: From the tour management: no visitors!

Post by KjeXXXer »

I note it did not specify concerning strapping young men in hats and trench coats who are dancing at the front row. There is yet hope.
Now you've got the gist of what my lettuce meant.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

>Leonard does not meet friends, family, press, celebrities other poets or authors while on the road.

but as soon as he steps up onto the pavement . . .
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

Geoffrey wrote:..
but as soon as he steps up onto the pavement . . .
..the hyenas are circling...
mat james

Post by mat james »

“Leonard does not meet friends, family, press, celebrities other poets or authors while on the road.”

no visitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you band of pollutants)

“I grow old … I grow old … I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
no visitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not even beautiful young women :?: :oops: :shock: )

...We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till repulsive human voices wake us, (with "no visitors!")
...and we drown.”

T.S.Mat.
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

I hope the good people of Sligo did not wear Leonard out too much, he and the band chose to stay in a very modest accessible hotel situated in the picturesque village of Mullaghmore by the ocean. Not only did the entire band come down and chat with fans and take photos/sign cds/ask questions about the local area etc, Leonard himself made a number of appearances. One lucky man had a pint with him at the end of the bar, others including friends of mine gave him gifts of books of Yeats poetry. He was smiling and speaking, offering hugs and kisses and as always the perfect gentleman. I saw the concert on the 31st in Lissadell which was amazing but I was not there for any of the meetings with Leonard and the band. Thank you Mr.Cohen for visiting our little corner of the world and taking the time to speak to us. So happy and proud you dropped by...
Midnight Choir

Post by Midnight Choir »

Leonard, you bloody lobus, I am coming to the Lille show, at which hopefully my mates Maarten and Wendy shall attend; and if you don't invite me backstage to converse with the white Kent girls, well, all I am saying is that there is a threat that you will be sent to bed without dinner.

tMevine?riggers
2008: O2 London - July 17 | O2 London - November 13 | O2 London - November 14 | RAH London - November 17 | 2009: Antwerp - July 4 | Weybridge - July 11
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

LOLOL ~ funny thread~! Hopefully, Leonard is choosing to fast a few days of this tour, or he'd be lacking in strength to perform ;)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Midnight Choir wrote:... I am coming to the Lille show, at which hopefully my mates Maarten and Wendy shall attend ...
I'll be there, don't worry! ;-)
But I won't be making any arrangements for meetups, backstage meetings, hugging mr Cohen or the Sisters... Sorry to disappoint you, mate.

Take care,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Midnight Choir

Post by Midnight Choir »

Maarten:

I am gutted.

That I am.

:)
2008: O2 London - July 17 | O2 London - November 13 | O2 London - November 14 | RAH London - November 17 | 2009: Antwerp - July 4 | Weybridge - July 11
gingermop

Post by gingermop »

mat james wrote:“no visitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not even beautiful young women :?: :oops: :shock: )
Ah but for those, he may make an exception...
Pearlvoice

Post by Pearlvoice »

gingermop wrote:
mat james wrote:“no visitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not even beautiful young women :?: :oops: :shock: )
Ah but for those, he may make an exception...
"Beautiful" remains in the eye of the beholder and "young" in the eye of my anti-wrinkle-beauty-cream-pot. But alas, he kindly made an exception when I met him in Stockholm :)
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

But alas, he kindly made an exception when I met him in Stockholm :)
What?! You met Leonard in Stockholm? Tell us more ...
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Hartmut wrote:
But alas, he kindly made an exception when I met him in Stockholm :)
What?! You met Leonard in Stockholm? Tell us more ...
Yes, PLEAZZZZZE!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Pearlvoice

Post by Pearlvoice »

Yes, I met him the day before the concert and had a once-in-a-lifetime-self-experience: That is, how an apparantly sane, grown-up person in good health and senses and spirits can turn into an stupidly grinning, stammering, uncontrollably babbling, shivering and shaking wreck within just two seconds!! :roll:

A little Swedish bird had sang to me a song about the whereabouts of the Master Lennie. At the same time I had the "no visitors" rule in my head. I have to admit that the force of my little (unified) heart won the battle and I went there. Shame on me... I had no "definite plan" to actually approach him on all accounts. Had he been busy/tired/nerved/stressed/in a hurry I'd have left the place at once. But ok, to make it short: I had all the luck in the world that day! Nobody else was there, he entered the room, obviously in a good mood and very relaxed. So when he looked at me and that insane cheshire-cat-grin showed up on my face he smiled and gave me an encouraging nod. Only then did I go over to him. He was, of course, unbelievably kind and signed two photos for me (one for me and one for my very best friend and forum-member, the ever so lovely Puddingdale). Embarrassingly, he had to ask me for the pen because whilst he already held the pictures I hadn't realized that I still clung to the pen, stammering words of praise and declaring my everlasting adoration... :oops: We had a short chat and a picture taken and then I left. Not really sure if my feet even touched the ground on the way back *ggg*.

So, as a big exception, the concert at the following night, was only the second best experience during my holiday :D
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Great story.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”