QUIZ 2010: where is the last concert

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
glasgowgirl

Re: QUIZ 2010: where is the last concert

Post by glasgowgirl »

CARDIFF pretty pretty PLEASE!
kwills

Post by kwills »

A big YES to that suggestion!
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
Behemoth

Post by Behemoth »

How about the World's Best City, according to Travel+Leisure: BANGKOK!
casterbridgecohen

Post by casterbridgecohen »

Bangkok the worlds best city? - I know its all subjective and we all have our likes and dislikes but thats a stretch (I thought Vancouver and Seatlle normally rated high in those polls and deservedly so for the former).

Personally I would be up for Bangkok in a heartbeat as I visit at least a couple of times a year but I wonder if HK is a more likely Asian finale?
1970 IOW 2008 Dublin - Manchester - Glastonbury - Berlin - Cardiff - Bournemouth 2009 Vancouver - Victoria - Koln - Nimes - Bratislava - Budapest - Barcelona - L Vegas - San Jose 2010 Salzburg - Basel - Strasbourg - Lille - Victoria - Vancouver - L Vegas(2) 2012 Montreal - Quebec - NYC 2013 London - Amsterdam
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

The delay in an announcement is very interesting. Two months ago, I wrote:
scocoh wrote:[...]So that leaves Asia. And not a lot of time. Then the Cambodia ( still can't get over that one!) thing came up for Nov 27. Which means that for them to even consider that date and location they must be in the area. So--where? Korea? Singapore? Taiwan? Hong Kong?

Out of all of those Hong Kong seems an absolute natural choice, and I'd bet cash money they are going there. But we are trying to pick the LAST concert...
Then I remembered that AEG is trying hard to build live shows and sporting events in China. Now Leonard may or may not have a large following in China, but his concerts there would certainly be big news for China, for Chinese tourism, and in the entertainment industry. It wouldn't be a full tour like N America or Australia etc. Just a few shows.

And remember that there is---for some reason---a delay on announcing all these final tour dates. Why? It could be that there will be a big "China" announcement coming soon from AEG LIve.
[...]
and two months later with still no announcement I am beginning to think I was correct in thinking China.

It seems as though any regular tour planning and scheduling would have been announced long ago. But why wouldn't places like HK and Singapore not be announced?

I'm still at the guesswork stage, but---- Perhaps there's something special or different or unique coming down.
Inge

Post by Inge »

My guess is Espoo, Finland.

Post by guest »

Remember that were were told that the Cambodia gig would be the only one in SE Asia:
jarkko wrote:By the way, Cambodia seems to be the only stop in Southeast Asia. I checked the official definition of "Southeast Asia" (see below)
This means that AsialIfe got it right already in the beginning (while I, with my comment some weeks ago, didn't)
Southeast Asia consists of two geographic regions: the Asian mainland and island arcs and archipelagoes to the east and southeast. The mainland section consists of Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam and Peninsular Malaysia while the maritime section consists of Brunei, East Malaysia, East Timor, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Singapore.[1] Papua New Guinea is an observer in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, as East Timor does.
From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=22224

However, that does not preclude Japan or China, either of which would be my guess for concerts after Cambodia. I expect Japan is more likely for logistical, financial and political reasons?
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Based on "tvlcottih" meaning "the very last concert of the tour is H?" - I'm sticking with Hong Kong
(Someone else mentioned it as their choice - I am just playing the game here now of wondering and guessing).

Hong Kong is not considered as part of Southeast Asia?

Hong Kong is not a city.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Hong_Kong_ ... a_province
jarkko wrote:The last city does not, according to current plans, begin with "H"
sturgess66 wrote:
The name of the last city of the tour starts with a "P" (that's "P" as in Philadelphia :lol: )

And the last city of the tour (according to current plans) will be Phnom Penh. :D

BUT - the last concert of the tour (according to current plans) will not be in a city.
It will be in the "administrative region" of (or dependency of ) Hong Kong. :D :D

Post by guest »

I rather like this interpretation myself:
by casterbridgecohen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:32 am

The Very Last Concert Of The Tour Is Here
Suitably cunning and teasing to be correct! Of course it doesn't help us one bit in guessing the last location... but then I suspect that's the idea.
hazey

Post by hazey »

..the very last concert of this tour is here...meaning...Krakow?

Interesting and a place to consider..let alone the cold in DEcember...
Last edited by hazey on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
Patrycja

Post by Patrycja »

This blog throws Phnom Penh into the ring once again:

http://blog.travelandleisureasia.com/in ... -last-gig/
Will... If It Be Your Will
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

My first guess - and hope - was Singapore :razz: :razz: :razz: (even though I found out I wasn´t the first to mention it :cry: )

And there are luckily many reasons to come to Singapore ....

My second guess, which I am hopefully the first to mention (PLS TELL ME; IF NOT!) is Jakarta/Indonesia.

My third guess: Seoul.

... and I really like the idea of giving concert tickets to the winner ... :razz: :D

Yours, Amrei :D
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

Just read Jarkko's brief post re. Helsinki concert last night. Reading the concert places he is attending this year, what / where is the place after Gent??? I'm sure I hadn't noticed it there before.
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

gilly-rjd wrote:Just read Jarkko's brief post re. Helsinki concert last night. Reading the concert places he is attending this year, what / where is the place after Gent??? I'm sure I hadn't noticed it there before.
It's in Pennsylvania.

Tvlcottih, Pennsylvania

(A suburb of Philly :lol: :lol: )
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

That's it then - last concert is in TVLCOTTIH :?: (the name however does resemble the name of a a village in north Wales which has a pub, but certainly no arena)
After all, if Jarkko is attending a concert there........
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham

Return to “The World Tour 2010”