AUSTRALIA AND NZ - TICKET LINKS

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Derek23

Re: AUSTRALIA AND NZ - SALE INFO

Post by Derek23 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:40 am

I can find no link for Auckland sales. The site still says tickets are unavailable online...
juicylane

Post by juicylane » Sat May 29, 2010 12:45 am

I think that's what they mean, that you have to clink on a link from somewhere else to get to the special presale section.

If you search the ticketek website you can't find it straight out either but someone kindly posted it on here.
Repentant and apologetic
Derek23

Post by Derek23 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:54 am

Someone posted the link for Auckland? I can't find it on this thread - can you point it out please?

Sorry, my mistake, you said Ticketek. Auckland is Ticketmaster
Last edited by Derek23 on Sat May 29, 2010 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
juicylane

Post by juicylane » Sat May 29, 2010 12:57 am

Sorry, they posted the link for Wellington and Christchurch through ticketek. Nothing for Auckland :(
Repentant and apologetic
skipper1967

Post by skipper1967 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:56 am

Australian fans have been able to buy tickets for a few hours now.

Heres the catch, you need to be a Ticketek Privilege Club Member, which I am, and pay an annual subscription.

The tickets are $314 for Plantinum or $216.00 for Gold.

The trouble with the service is the seats are not allocated until the 1st of June and are issued in the order from which they were received by Ticketek.

Here is the info I received.

Event Selection
Leonard Cohen - World Tour 2010 Presale

1. Platinum, Reserve Seating $304.40 (Limited seats only)
2. Gold, Reserve Seating $216.40 (Available)

Leonard Cohen
World Tour 2010

PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR PURCHASE – Tickets for Leonard Cohen will be processed in the order they are received on Tuesday 1 June. Please ensure your credit card details are correct and that sufficient funds are available for your purchase. If your credit card is declined at the time of processing (between 12pm – 5pm Tuesday 1 June (AEST)) your order will not be fulfilled. We will attempt to notify members by email and or phone if their credit card is declined on the day of processing. Privilege Club accepts no responsibility if your order is not fulfilled due to a declined credit card.

Early last year audiences across Australia and New Zealand were privileged to experience the incomparable live talents of Leonard Cohen. Rapturous reviews followed, with many critics calling the shows the best they have ever seen. The tour went on to win the Helpmann Award for the Best International Concert in 2009. Those lucky enough to be in attendance at the concerts described them in glowing and effusive terms, earning the envy of those who had missed out on what many speculated would be the last opportunity to see Leonard Cohen on our shores.

Accordingly it is with no small amount of pleasure that The Frontier Touring Company announce that Leonard Cohen has agreed to return - with his amazing nine piece band and backing singers - to Australia and New Zealand for an encore series of concerts in October and November 2010.

Those unfortunate enough to have missed out on Leonard’s last tour will now have the opportunity to experience firsthand the phenomenal live performance that had reviewers in raptures.

NOTE: The Privilege Club ticket price includes a per ticket priority access fee of $20. A fee of $8.95 is charged per transaction.

The Leonard Cohen pre-sale will end at 5pm Monday 31 May.

All credit card payments will be taken no later than 31 May

Venue Information

Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Adelaide, SA

Date: Thursday 18 November

Platinum Reserved Seating - $304.25
Gold Reserved Seating - $216.25

Ticketek venue info
Venue Map coming soon...

Rod Laver Arena
Melbourne, VIC

Date: Friday 12 November

Platinum Reserved Seating - $304.00
Gold Reserved Seating - $215.80
isbane Entertainment Centre
Brisbane, QLD

Date: Saturday 6 November

Platinum Reserved Seating - $304.40
Gold Reserved Seating - $216.40

Acer Arena
Sydney, NSW

Date: Monday 8 November

Platinum Reserved Seating - $304.40
Gold Reserved Seating - $216.40

Ticketek venue info
Venue Map coming soon...

*Privilege Club is selling for the above venues only.
maud

Post by maud » Sat May 29, 2010 2:04 am

ticketmaster says fanclub sales for auckland are going through via a fanclub link.
skipper1967

Post by skipper1967 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:21 am

maud wrote:ticketmaster says fanclub sales for auckland are going through via a fanclub link.
Yes, that is why many people are saying what row and seat they are sitting in.
Derek23

Post by Derek23 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:26 am

This is a little frustrating - can anyone point out where this fanclub link is for Ticketmaster?

I certainly can't find it and no one has mentioned it here (yet). People talking about seat numbers are refering to the Wellington and Christchurch gigs through Ticketek.
blonde madonna

Post by blonde madonna » Sat May 29, 2010 2:30 am

Auckland tickets are not available yet.
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
Derek23

Post by Derek23 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:33 am

Ticketmaster would seem to be providing dubious phone advice...
CynthiaMills

Post by CynthiaMills » Sat May 29, 2010 4:17 am

Can anyone tell me what has happened with the Auckland pre sales. Have i missed them or are we still waiting.
wombat writer

Post by wombat writer » Sat May 29, 2010 4:45 am

I am incredibly excited about the forthcoming Australian leg of the tour. I missed out on seeing Leonard last time and spent months in an indigo funk that I had failed to fight my way out of. Now I am wondering how I can prod the publisher to get my novel published before then which would be fun, given that the ‘poet of our age’ rates more than a passing mention.
Getting to the point of my dilemma:
I haven’t decided yet between the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and a special ‘Richard Wilkins Total Concert Experience’ in Sydney. It would help if a) I had more info about the Sydney ‘experience’, and; b) I knew what the difference is between Silver, Gold, and Platinum tickets. I can’t find information anywhere on what a platinum ticket gives me by way of better seating. Can anyone help me out :?:
Cheers
Clementine

Post by Clementine » Sat May 29, 2010 4:48 am

This is nerve-wracking. I was all psyched up to buy the Auckland tickets on Monday at 2pm and now I'm terrified of missing out if fan-sales go up any earlier! Last time this happened in October 2008, I was under a general anaesthetic and my husband did all the worrying!
Michaeljohn

Post by Michaeljohn » Sat May 29, 2010 5:19 am

Can only find ticketlink for Wellington and Christchurch concerts. What is the link for the Auckland concert?
mwestern

Post by mwestern » Sat May 29, 2010 6:22 am

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/event/240 ... norcatid=1

But no password has been provided for the Forum members yet and there's no page on the Ticketmaster site to enter the password anyway.

And so we wait...

Return to “The World Tour 2010”