AUSTRALIA AND NZ - TICKET LINKS

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
The Crazy Cat Woman

Re: AUSTRALIA AND NZ - TICKET LINKS

Post by The Crazy Cat Woman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:06 am

I just got a bit carried away and spent $980 on four "Gold" seating tickets in Hobart through http://www.preferredseating.com.au . Now, can someone please tell me what are Gold tickets exactly? They cost much more than Silver seating so I'm assuming they're much better. I rarely see live music (apart from Leonard of course, in Brisbane last year :D ) and I don't understand all this pre-sale stuff.

BTW they have not told me the positions of the seats.
skipper1967

Post by skipper1967 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:19 am

blonde madonna wrote:
skipper1967 wrote:I dont understand, the fan club tickets were plentiful, I got mine for Sydney on Saturday night and logged in again Sunday afternoon toying with the idea of buying more tickets for Sydney and Melbourne and could of got second row seats at either show some 20 hours after they went on sale.
Not everyone can afford the platinum tickets. The silver tickets went the fastest.
I was replying to Davo who had indicated price wasnt a factor.

I didnt even realise there was a difference, my tickets were only about $250 each, which is very cheap I think considering I paid over $500 to see the Stones a few years back.

Gold and Silver tickets must be a steal.
Eve_

Post by Eve_ » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:20 am

The Crazy Cat Woman wrote:I just got a bit carried away and spent $980 on four "Gold" seating tickets in Hobart through http://www.preferredseating.com.au . Now, can someone please tell me what are Gold tickets exactly? They cost much more than Silver seating so I'm assuming they're much better. I rarely see live music (apart from Leonard of course, in Brisbane last year :D ) and I don't understand all this pre-sale stuff.

I was wondering the same thing. I bought tickets through prefferedseating.com.au too. Has anyone else done this?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:48 am

I'm not sure if this preferredseating website is authorized at all??? At least it is not one the official ticket sellers, and the general sale has not yet begun! Our other local members could tell us whether or not it is a scalper seller?
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
suburban.hornbag

Post by suburban.hornbag » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 am

Jarkko as far as I know that is not an official licensed ticket seller here in Australia.

I have never heard of them.
suburban.hornbag

Post by suburban.hornbag » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:45 am

Eve & Cat Woman - Have you bought tickets with them before?

Are they a re-seller who add their own handling fee on top of advetised ticket price?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:21 am

Always use only sellers we announce (and for which we give links). There are scalper/tout websites that are selling tickets they don't have (yet). That's why they don't give you seat numbers. They wait until the tickets are on general sale, buy anything they get, and only then send the tickets to their clients who have usually paid 100 % extra. If they don't get tickets, they may refund your money or not. Some of them just disappear, we saw some cases of that kind in the US tour. Looks like the scalper situation is worst in UK and US.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
testdummy

Post by testdummy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:57 am

Hi all,

I've just registered to this site since I wanted to share my excitement with other hardcore fans. I've just bought my Perth LC ticket. :)
Section A5 and row 1. Not bad considering how it looks like many people have already gotten their tickets a couple of days ago!
I went to see him last year with relatively low expectations and he absolutely blew me away, despite being near the end of the Gold section. I can't wait to see him, but I am skeptical it will be as magical as it was at the Sandalford Wines. There was magnificent weather and the scenery was beautiful. It gave me immense pleasure to be surrounded by people who appreciated this legend as I did. I'm relatively young so my friends don't understand the fuss. :)

Not sure if this is the appropriate topic, so apologies in advance.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:43 am

If Leonard blew you away last year testdummy, he will do so again this time round so don't worry! I have seen the show in a 700 seater venue in Nova Scotia and St Mark's Square in Venice. I have also seen it at the O2 in London and several characterless sports arenas. All the concerts have one thing in common: they were superb. The ME Bank Stadium would not have been my first choice of venue but I am looking forward to the show nevertheless. Congratulations on your front row seat - and enjoy!!

Wendy
Shockvalue

Post by Shockvalue » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Preferred Seating are a legitimate ticket selling agency here in Australia. The seats they sell are usually quite good but they add a premium to the ticket price. They also act as selling agents for a number of other companies "Premium Ticketing Services"(for eg airlines and newspapers). I have used them a number of times in the past when, for whatever reason, I have missed out on tix from Ticketmaster or Ticketek. They were reliable with delivery of tickets. You may have paid a premium but I'm sure you'll get your tix OK.
Eve_

Post by Eve_ » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Thankyou Shockvalue, that is very reassuring to hear. I don't know what I was thinking really. I guess I was so excited to hear that LC was coming back I entered my credit card details as fast as I could without thinking too much about it. Idiot! :oops: I'd never heard of Preferred Seating before, but then i never buy tickets to anything, so am completely unaware of the "right way" to do it. The website looked professional and convincing so I didn't question it. Also it's been a good year or more since I've logged onto this forum, so wasn't up to date with the discussion about pre-sale tickets. That'll teach me.

So maybe I paid a bit more than necessary, but at least I'll get my tickets - that's good news! :)
hevva

Post by hevva » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:42 am

Dear Jarkko...missed out on the pre-sale info but bought tickets today for the Brisbane Concert. I am really looking forward to this as it is my 60th birthday on November 9 and I will have loved Leonard for 41 years!!! I would dearly love to get my copy of 'Dear Heather' autographed. Do you have any ideas? Regards and Cheers from Sunny Queensland .......Heather
NickShears

Post by NickShears » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:05 am

Eve_ wrote:
The Crazy Cat Woman wrote:I just got a bit carried away and spent $980 on four "Gold" seating tickets in Hobart through http://www.preferredseating.com.au . Now, can someone please tell me what are Gold tickets exactly? They cost much more than Silver seating so I'm assuming they're much better. I rarely see live music (apart from Leonard of course, in Brisbane last year :D ) and I don't understand all this pre-sale stuff.

I was wondering the same thing. I bought tickets through prefferedseating.com.au too. Has anyone else done this?
Gold tickets are in better positions (nearer the front) than silver. And platinum seats are even better than gold (though usually very few in number, if they're offered at all). Gold might apply to, say, a third or a half of the tickets for sale.
Nick,
London 1979, London 1983, London 1988, Brisbane 2009
nosnerfam

Post by nosnerfam » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:04 am

I just saw this on Ticketek and thought someone might be interested:

Melbourne
Second Show Announced
Sat 13 Nov, 7.30pm

On sale: 10am
Small Dragon

Post by Small Dragon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 am

Hi guys!

I have a little problem, should say concern or doubt.. need an advice.

Bought my LC tickets- premium seats, first row right in the middle.
But just saw on the Frontier touring site that they announced the "Blondie and The Pretenders" tour.
As for me, I would LOVE to see the Pretenders live. As well as Leonard, although I did saw him live last year.. And never had the chance to see the Pretenders.
Unfortunately, the date for the Perth's gig is the same for The Pretenders and Leonard Cohen... :roll:
So it's like to make a choice between two beloved... impossible.

Looks very strange to me that the same promotion company announces the same date for two of her performances. I contacted the Frontier and also wrote them an e-mail, asking to re-consider the date and maybe changing it, even by one day...
Any chance that's gonna happen?

Any suggestions? What can we do (I know of others with same concerns)? Should I or can I cancel (or give up) on my LC tickets? I really don't want to... :( And fly to another venue is not an option as well..

Any help and/or suggestions will be much appreciated,
Dragon..

Return to “The World Tour 2010”