AUSTRALIA AND NZ - TICKET LINKS

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
graham.putt

Re: AUSTRALIA AND NZ - SALE INFO

Post by graham.putt » Thu May 27, 2010 5:12 am

For the Auckland show on the Frontier Touring site it says that the pre-sale starts Monday 31 at 2:00pm. However when clicking on the link to buy it takes you to ticketmaster.co.nz which says the sale starts Friday 28 at 12:00pm (tomorrow!).

For the Wellington show when clicking on the pre-sales link it takes you to ticketmaster.co.nz home page so I am not sure if there is a pre-sale for this show at all, or maybe it will appear on Monday (or tomorrow?).

The NZ shows are a good price, 'only' $198 for platinum seats, $284 in Australia.

The Sydney pre-sale goes to ticketek.com.au and is still saying that it starts at 12:00pm Monday 31.

Hope any of that helps
graham
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
KarenG

Post by KarenG » Thu May 27, 2010 6:12 am

Hi there Tickmaster in Australia says that the Fan Club Presale starts 28/5/2010............. is there a code or anything that needs to be used ? thankyou
Thankyou
KarenG

Post by KarenG » Thu May 27, 2010 6:15 am

Hi there

The Ticketmaster site says that fan club presales start 28/5/2010 (tomorrow), is there a code that needs to be used when purchasing on line??

Thankyou
YvonneA

Post by YvonneA » Thu May 27, 2010 6:17 am

Can anyone clarify this for me....??
Is there an Aussie or world wide LC Fan CLub with official paid memberships and membership numbers??

I am totally aware of both the Frontier Members & Ticketek Members PreSales BUT have been told by 2 different people at Ticketek today that there is a LC Fanclub Members only Presale that starts tomorrow at 10 am!??
when i asked how they were going to identify these people they said they would have official memebership numbers .....
majorly confused ..as i rely on this forum/site for my fan info & as i am of LC vintage (70) navigating all of this is difficult enough!??

I managed to see him 4 times on his last tour & was lucky enough to meet him :D (a highlight of my life!!!)
...BUT ..it's hard to believe that buying a ticket has become so complicated!!!
any assistance appreciated!
regards Yvonne
graham.putt

Post by graham.putt » Thu May 27, 2010 6:52 am

Hi,

What shows are you referring to? I found that the link on Frontier Touring gives Friday at 12:00pm NZ time as the start for the AUCKLAND show.
However other shows look to still be Monday for the pre-sale, unless there is an announcement here.

Sometimes the fan club pre-sale announcement happens last minute, keep watching here if you can.

graham
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
Glenys

Post by Glenys » Thu May 27, 2010 7:38 am

Help please...Ticketmaster in Perth Western Australia states that pre sale for fan club members starts 28/05/10 at 10am (our time) and Frontier on 31/05/10 (I am now a member). How do I become an official FAN CLUB member.
I am desperate to get good seats. Thank you.
Derek23

Post by Derek23 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:56 am

Can I suggest people read the earlier post in this thread before panicking
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:07 am

Here we go again. There seem to be an enormous number of new members with just one post saying words to the effect of help, how do I get pre-sale tickets. It makes me wonder if there ought to be some sort of restriction on new members in the days immediately preceding a big pre-sale ..... It would help to keep the touts out as well.

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:18 am

graham.putt wrote:The NZ shows are a good price, 'only' $198 for platinum seats, $284 in Australia.

graham
Does anyone have any feel for how these prices compare to prices in Europe (c €120 top price)? They do seem more in line with US prices, where the top tickets cost c $250. I am on a promise to take my sister - who lives in Perth - to see Leonard next time he is in town but $600 for 2 tickets seems like an awful lot. Or is it just that the £ is doing so badly at the moment?!

Wendy

Edit: The prices are now up on the Ticketmaster site and they are looking a bit more reasonable - though I suppose they can still change the details between now and on-sale time, as they have with the various pre-sale arrangements!
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Thu May 27, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lindat

Post by lindat » Thu May 27, 2010 10:24 am

Greg Ross wrote:Greetings people

The email I've got from Frontier Touring, states that the Frontier Members Pre-sale (internet purchase), starts at midday (Eastern Standard Time - 10.00am Perth time) Monday 31st May and goes through to midday (EST) Tuesday 1st June, the general public can buy tickets from 9.00am Thursday 3rd June, hope that helps.
Cheers
Thanks Greg,
Do we hve to join Frontier Members, how do we go about this?
Thanks
YvonneA

Post by YvonneA » Thu May 27, 2010 10:39 am

Thanx for reposting Greg's reply to the questions regarding Frontier Members & TIcketek PreSales..BUT in my case, that was NOT the question!
The shows we are referring to are the Australian shows.... (i did not discuss the NZ shows as that was with Ticketmaster)
I am totally aware of both the Frontier Members (presale 31 may) & Ticketek Members PreSales(wed 2nd Jun) BUT have been told by 2 different people at Ticketek today that there is a LC Fanclub Members only Presale that starts tomorrow at 10 am!??
This confusion is not because we are "new members"..as that is NOT the case ..but due to Ticketek staff telling callers that there is a FAN CLUB members presale tomorrow!! (completely seperate to either Frontier or TIcketek pre-sales!!)

Does such a fan club exist & how can it be located??
thanx
sueitaliano

Post by sueitaliano » Thu May 27, 2010 10:57 am

HI There,

Does anybody know which Leonard Cohen Fan Club receives the presales in Australia- its days earlier than the Frontier or Ticketmaster pre-sale codes?
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom » Thu May 27, 2010 11:03 am

Mabeanie1 wrote:To muller007 & Clementine:
jarkko wrote:I have not yet received any presale info from AEG. Frontier Touring had emailed the press release during my night.
I am sure we will hear the details today or tomorrow.
IF there is a Fan Club member presale, people registered to this Forum will qualify (and nobody else)
see: posting.php?mode=quote&f=44&p=230144

Wendy
I have to admit I don't know where Jarkko has come up with that piece of information, but I cannot imagine the "fanclub presale" as NOT being related to the LC Forum in any way! By the way, the "fanclub presale" info is up on Ticketmaster's website now, too:

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/13 ... norcatid=1

And, yes, I think if you want to take part in the Frontier pre-sale, you have to be a member. Cf. Jarkko's original post (viewtopic.php?f=44&t=21822#p230140):

"Pre-sale tickets for people registered to Frontier Touring available via http://www.frontiertouring.com from noon AEST Monday 31 May.
FRONTIER MEMBERS PRE-SALE: To purchase during the internet pre-sale, register as a Frontier member on http://www.frontiertouring.com.au to access the link & password only available to Frontier Members."
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
suburban.hornbag

Post by suburban.hornbag » Thu May 27, 2010 11:08 am

OK like everyone else here I am a bit confused?

Is there going to be a pre-sale for LC members?

The current pre-sale for frontier members on Monday will include anyone on their mailing list and certainly not a special LC fan club release.
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom » Thu May 27, 2010 11:18 am

suburban.hornbag wrote:OK like everyone else here I am a bit confused?

Is there going to be a pre-sale for LC members?

The current pre-sale for frontier members on Monday will include anyone on their mailing list and certainly not a special LC fan club release.
Confusing it is - as there seem to be two different presales (one for "fanclub members", i.e. apparently people registered with the LC Forum, and one - two days later - for Frontier Touring members)!! I'd recommend for everyone to check the Ticketmaster website - and apart from that, let's wait for more reliable information from Jarkko or the moderators; I hope any of this helps:

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/13 ... norcatid=1
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name

Return to “The World Tour 2010”