My first time...

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
hoyanoya

Re: My first time...

Post by hoyanoya » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:41 pm

My first time...listening to LC was probably about 35 years ago, me and a friend of mine listened to "Songs of Love and Hate" and the Wednesday coming we are going to get to Malmoe, Sweden to enjoy!!!
rocketqueen

Post by rocketqueen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:53 pm

As promised here is what happend last night at my first ever Cohen concert.

I was sitting in my seat tripping and waiting for the man to start. As he came on stage it felt like everything just stopped and there was only him and the music. Throughout the first set I was in some kind of chock. I could hardly believe what I was witnessing. It was magical...well almost beyond magical. I was in awe of not only Mr. Cohen but also his phenomenal musicians and not to say the least the Webb sisters and Sharon.
For me, it was one of the most important and emotional nights in my life with a lot of smiling, crying and happiness. It was first when I woke up this morning that it came to me: I saw Leonard Cohen last night. And what a musician, performer and man he is. He was everything I imagined and more so. I can't believe after so many years of touring that he still seems to mean every single word when he is singing with such a truth in his words and integrity. There is only one of his kind in a generation that helps define a generation.

I am in love, I am happy, I am restless, I am fulfilled and everything else good this world can offer. This was truly a life changing experience. And when I get off this little cloud I'm on right now, I might be able to give a better review of the concert, but for now I am in a bliss.
RQ
Malmö, Sweden - August 4th 2010 - see you then Mr. Cohen
jeanne

Post by jeanne » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:52 pm

hi rocketqueen...............i completely agree with your mum...........seeing him for the first time in florence........i am way to old to have these butterflies in my stomach............all else seems to fade...only the thoughts and his words an music filling my tired old heart......i am like a kid again......even after forty years ....by coming back to the world he has given me the ability to dream again...anything is possible......no more black thoughts ...you are so young...swallow him up..let him be your guide on your life journey.....treat him gently in your heart for i do think he is fragile..i do not think he can ever be replaced......we have a great treasure ..hold on tight!!!!!!! love to hear your thoughts and feelings after your evening with him...jeanne.....just read your cloud nine message...stay on that cloud ....for you will meet many passengers on that cloud....i will join you there on sept 1st...jeanne again
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
jeanne

Post by jeanne » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:49 pm

hi rocketqueen......i totally agree with your mum........i am seeing him for the first time in florence.....i am way to old to have these butterflies in my stomach....all else fades...onlly my thoughts and hid words and music fill this tired old heart.....even after forty years...by coming back to the world he has given me the ability to dream again.....anything is possible...no more black thoughts.......you are so young....swallow him up and let him be your guide on life journey.....treat him gently in your heart for i do fear he is fragile....i know he cannot be replaced....we have a great treasure.......so hold on tight!!!!!!...just read your cloud nine message...stay on that cloud ..you will meet many passengers on that cloud....i will join them on sept 1st....jeanne
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
Jokapaikanapina

Post by Jokapaikanapina » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Yes, tomorrow's my first Leonard concert, AWESOME!

Return to “The World Tour 2010”