Presale to concerts in Germany

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
bridger15

Re: PRESALE TO CONCERT IN BERLIN

Post by bridger15 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:18 pm

When checking that the Berlin Waldbuhne actually has seats :D, I found these photos on Flickr uploaded by stripeybea

"before"
waldbuhne before.jpg
"after"
waldbuhne after.jpg
Do you think they will add chairs to the grassy section at the front for the LC concert? :D

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Heike

Re: PRESALE TO CONCERTS IN GERMANY on APRIL 22!!!

Post by Heike » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:33 am

Hi Arlene,

There was a concert scheduled for the Waldbuehne in 2008 which was cancelled later. I had bought a ticket and remember that there were numbered seats, including the area right in front of the stage. That's why I think there will be seats in this area for our concert as well. Can anyone confirm this?

Look forward to seeing you in Berlin :) !

Take care,
Heike
2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankfurt/Oberhausen/Manchester
2009: Cologne/Dublin/Barcelona
2010: Berlin/Wiesbaden/Lisboa/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warszawa
2012: Ghent, August 12/Berlin/Lisboa
2013: Oberhausen/Berlin
bridger15

Post by bridger15 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:19 am

Heike wrote:Look forward to seeing you in Berlin :) !
Heike
Hi Heike,
Looking forward to sharing lots of good times. I will see you at the Krakow Event first! :D And I will bring you up to date with the Hollywood news from the home front.

---Arlene

Matthias1234

Post by Matthias1234 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:54 am

Heike wrote:Hi Arlene,

There was a concert scheduled for the Waldbuehne in 2008 which was cancelled later. I had bought a ticket and remember that there were numbered seats, including the area right in front of the stage. That's why I think there will be seats in this area for our concert as well. Can anyone confirm this?

Look forward to seeing you in Berlin :) !

Take care,
Heike
As for many other concerts in the Waldbühne, I think, there will be the normal (stadium) seats that you can see on the photographs. You can take which one you like (and, of course, you get), but because the room between stage and these seats is not very large, you will have a very good view from those seats. For myself I hope, that the area in front of the stage will be without seats, because I enjoyed the one Cohen-Concert I had with standing (in Lörrach) more than the ones in the big arenas (as we had it two times in Berlin). I understand very well all the hesitations, but if the weather is good, I'm sure you will have a wonderful evening. At least, the Waldbühne with its long and very "broken" history is the perfect place in Berlin for Leonard Cohen to sing (much better than an arena that could stand anywhere on the world).

Ok, and it's my hometown, and I'm thankful that the totally unexpected now will happen for the third time. Matthias
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:07 am

matthias,

berlin isn' t my hometown.
that might be the reason for me thinking of o2-world as a good place to see mr. cohen.
especially in summer. :roll:

gruesse
Mordy

Post by Mordy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Just been investigating some more tickets for Stuttgart - and when I click on the Saalplan, all I get is an empty page. The 87 euro tickets which they're offering are in Block 11. I've found a plan on the website of the venue itself, and block 11 looks as if it's up in the gods somewhere - certainly not top-price seats. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks - Mordy
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:06 pm

mordy,

i tried the link for "saalplan-buchung" on eventim.de.
it worked.

block 11 looks close to me. not the closest spot you can get, but not too far.
i have no idea about the "architecture" of the hall -
they offer tickets for 51 euros in block k which looks alot closer and more central than others.
dunno.
perhaps the interior of hanns-martin-schleyer-halle is a black hole or something? :roll:

greetings
Loewenzaehnchen

Post by Loewenzaehnchen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Mordy,
maybe you don't have Java? I had to download Java before I was able to see the Saalplan.
Mordy

Re: Presale to concerts in Germany

Post by Mordy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Thanks for your help, Maulwurf and Lowenzaehnchen. I've just started using a brand new, all-singing, all-dancing i-Mac (or so I thought!). However, I've just tried it on the old machine, and yes, the Saalplan come up. I've checked on this new computer and Java is enabled, but for all the concerts I'm just getting the heading, but no image. Such is progress ...

Many thanks again - Mordy
passingthrough

Post by passingthrough » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:05 pm

He´s coming! We`ve got tickets for the Waldbühne. Can't wait!!! :D
Thank you Jarkko!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:24 am

Mordy wrote:Just been investigating some more tickets for Stuttgart
Mordy - I have sent you a PM.

W
bridger15

Post by bridger15 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:46 am

Well, the good news is, my ticket for the Berlin Waldbuhne concert arrived in California at noon today. That is great service!

Alas, I wasn't home and DHL would not leave it without a signature. Interesting in that couriers here use a special entry passcode and leave packages at my door all the time. But, most important of all, the ticket is here and I just have to arrange to retrieve it.

---Arlene

Paula

Post by Paula » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:16 pm

The German ticket sellers are so efficent not only did they actually include all the front seats in the presale they sent the tickets off straightaway. That would not happen with Ticketmaster wish Eventime had an outlet in England. I don't think they even included an admin fee unlike Ticketmaster.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
jackiet

Post by jackiet » Tue May 25, 2010 2:16 am

As I missed out on the Gent tickets have now booked tickets and flights to Berlin (have yet to inform my other half!!). Can anyone recommend a hotel covenient for the venue plus a quick 2 night sightseeing tour of Berlin? Thanks Jackie
crystal

Post by crystal » Tue May 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Hallo Jackie,
I recommend Motel One either Berlin-KuDamm or Berlin Alexanderplatz. They are not close to the venue but close to the S Bahn which brings you to the venue. They are new, they are reasonable and very central in terms of underground, S-Bahn and busses. The rooms are small but very clean and breakfast is only a few Euros. Other than that there is a Ibis Messedamm which is closer to the venue.
As for sightseeing you should go and see the Reichstag with its very roof (Kuppel). Normally you will have to queue quite a bit but you can book a tour i.e. http://www.stadtfluesterer.de/Reichstag.htm, there you get a good picture also of the surrounding buildings and the Reichstag is included without queuing. A tour by boat is very interesting and you can wander around in the historical center of Berlin (for example Alexanderplatz, Hackesche Höfe etc.)
If you have any questions concerning Berlin, public travel etc. vou can always contact me. The same goes of course for everybody who comes to Berlin.
Christel

Return to “The World Tour 2010”