Presale to Sligo

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
gilly-rjd

Re: PRESALE to SLIGO on Saturday, April 24

Post by gilly-rjd »

FOXWOOD wrote:Could anyone tell me the best way to travel to Lissadell House from sunny South Yorkshire?
I will consider all options including driving and exploring part of Ireland for a few days prior to the concert.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
This will be my first visit to ireland. I'm going by ferry from Holyhead to Dublin (you could do Liverpool - Dublin?) - spending 3 nights in Dublin, then driving to Sligo for 3 days. My other option was flying from Birmingham to Knock Airport, but would probably need to hire a car.
Hope that's helpful.
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

hi, fantastic news !!! please, please when will the pre-sale time be posted !!! I'm soooooo excited. Have seen the mighty Leonard in Dublin twice and cant wait for the next concert. Really hope I get tickets. Spent a summer in Sligo many years ago and Lissadell is a fab place. 8)
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

to foxwood. look up aer arann flights. I think they fly to Knock airport which is close by. You would need a car too though.
margaret

Post by margaret »

The dreaded Ryanair also fly from Liverpool to Knock, which seems quite close to Sligo.

Easyjet is more civilised and flys from Liverpool to Belfast, but you would have to investigate public transport from Belfast to Sligo.

I shan't be going myself due to the high cost the weekend before the Krakow Event, but good luck to all who are intending to make the trip.
Last edited by margaret on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

FOXWOOD wrote:Could anyone tell me the best way to travel to Lissadell House from sunny South Yorkshire?
I will consider all options including driving and exploring part of Ireland for a few days prior to the concert.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

I see you're getting other suggestions too... if you really want to see some of Ireland, I think you should come out West... either (as in my previous) Donegal (in the North West), travelling down to Sligo, OR Connemara (which is just to the North of Galway) & travel up to Sligo.... personally, I'd avoid Dublin... lovely place, but just another city (sorry you Dubs out there :oops: ) You can fly to Galway, which is a great place, & travel up (the longish way) through Connemara.... or fly to Derry or Donegal (I guarantee that flying into Donegal Airport will blow you away... it's on the beach!) & travel down. Whatever way you travel, you will NEED a car... don't even think about public transport out here.... flying into Knock (or even Sligo) would work if you just want to get as close as you can & not do the travelling around bit..) - whatever you decide, enjoy... :D
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

Foxwood, I am coming from North Yorkshire and looked at various ways to do travel. Ryan air used to fly from my local airport 15 minutes up the road but they pulled out last summer. :( So, after much pondering, we have got flights with Easyjet from newcastle airport to Belfast International (cost £68 each and we can bring a suitcase!!!) where we will pick up a car and drive to Sligo which I have been told is A very scenic journey. Over the years I have toured most of Ireland and would second the above posting to take in Connermara and surrounding areas.
Let us know what you decide. ;-)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
pato2e

Post by pato2e »

I presume this is an open air gig?
call the shots

Post by call the shots »

makes up for missing lou reed in oxford. had tickets but a volcano stopped me going. len in sligo though will be pretty sweet. 9 times in 2 years cool. :D
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Purple Princess wrote:Foxwood, I am coming from North Yorkshire and looked at various ways to do travel. Ryan air used to fly from my local airport 15 minutes up the road but they pulled out last summer. :( So, after much pondering, we have got flights with Easyjet from newcastle airport to Belfast International (cost £68 each and we can bring a suitcase!!!) where we will pick up a car and drive to Sligo which I have been told is A very scenic journey. Over the years I have toured most of Ireland and would second the above posting to take in Connermara and surrounding areas.
Thank you for the suggestions, my plan so far is..
1. Try to buy some tickets in the presale.
2. Get a Ferry across to Ireland taking the family and making it into a holiday.
3. Visit some places making sure to take in Connermara and surrounding areas
4 Stay near the concert and attend with my wife
5,Travel back having finally shown my wife what I have been on about for all these years, feeling very smug that I have converted her into a fan at long last!
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Do we have to be logged in here to get link to presale, or do we get an email sent to us? This is my first time hoping to book throught this site. Thanks
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.
keanrn5y

Post by keanrn5y »

Purple Princess wrote:Foxwood, I am coming from North Yorkshire and looked at various ways to do travel. Ryan air used to fly from my local airport 15 minutes up the road but they pulled out last summer. :( So, after much pondering, we have got flights with Easyjet from newcastle airport to Belfast International (cost £68 each and we can bring a suitcase!!!) where we will pick up a car and drive to Sligo which I have been told is A very scenic journey. Over the years I have toured most of Ireland and would second the above posting to take in Connermara and surrounding areas.
If you are anywhere near Leeds, you can fly from there to ireland west airport (Knock Airport) with ryanair. Departs on the thursday before the show. Its only 35miles away from sligo. Much closer than the belfast airports or derry airport.
johnfitzpatrick

Post by johnfitzpatrick »

I have just booked my hotel. All I need now are my tickets! :D
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

foxwood wrote:Travel back having finally shown my wife what I have been on about for all these years, feeling very smug that I have converted her into a fan at long last!
Well, you've taken your time converting her. I'm sure that after just one concert she will be a bigger fan than you. Women LOVE Leonard! :D
Enjoy.
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

Foxwood - sounds like a good plan indeed!

Kearn5y - thanks, flying to Knock from Leeds was my first choice and going out would have been perfect but needed to return on the Sunday or Monday and there was no flights those days so thats why we going from Belfast.

Just waiting now for the pre sale and hope it is on the morning!!! :)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

What a guy! Playing on my home soil.....never thought I'd see the day. This man has great taste. I'm already preparing another commemorative pottery plate :) So looking forward to this event in such a fabulous heritage setting.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”