Presale to Sligo

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Roro

Re: Presale to Sligo

Post by Roro »

Mutti

I am driving from Dublin to Sligo on Saturday morning and returning to Dublin on Monday afternoon. I don't know if this fits in with your travel plans but if it suits I would be more than happy to give you a lift. I am driving to Sligo on my own so if anyone else needs a lift (Only room for 4 and me), the more the merrier. However be warned I am a smoker and will puff all the way there and back. :D
mutti

Post by mutti »

How sweet of you Roro!
I have to pass on this as the smoke will drive me to coughing fits...but that is so kind of you.
Thanks again
Les (Mutti) ;-)
Last edited by mutti on Wed May 05, 2010 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
jleslee

Post by jleslee »

hi we are staying outside Bundoran in Rossnowlagh they are hoping to lay on buses from bundoran but if anyone else staying near here maybe taxi's could be a option and we could share:-) cant wait for the big day :-) :-)
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thanks byboyne! ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Visited Lissadell on monday and the house itself is still closed up with all main gates locked .You're right Sandraa about the little coffee shop in the churchyard, very nice food there and there is also a very popular bar/restaurant on other side of road, a little expensive but lovely food. You can have your fill of Lissadell oysters there!
Buses would definitely be required if you are staying in Sligo town as it is much too far to walk and taxis would be very expensive as Lissadell is well off the main road into Sligo and down quite a narrow winding road to the sea. But the whole countryside there is very beautiful and picturesque. It will be a fantastic experience to see and hear Leonard there in the summer.
sandraa

Post by sandraa »

Gerry- The situation with the house is quite confusing for a stranger. I assumed you couldn't access the grounds at all and was surprized to see other cars driving it. Presumably the Forestry dept owns some of the land which still has public access. It's a really beautiful place
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

I really hope the traffic and car situation will be handled well and not a repeat of the chaos of Barbara Streisand a few years back. :(
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
sandraa

Post by sandraa »

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/457 ... d0b2_b.jpg
As shown in the photo(the main entrance to Lissadell) there could be serious issues with traffic. I'm sure the fact that there's several months planning should ensure that it all falls into place, let's hope
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

Just back from scouting mission to Sligo, (got lost on my way and also got lost on my way back !)

Will have plenty of news for you all on the Forum in the next few days,
Should I open a new thread "Sligo Concert Arrangments" or somesuch ?

Westlife ( Boy's / Man's Band ) has been announced for Concert at Lissadell for Friday 30th July,
I guess the event is just really a "test run" for Leonard's concert the following night
in order to work out traffic issues etc. So the ground will be well prepared for us, :D (thanks Westlife :!: )

Bird-on-The-Wire has started chirping again (something about "Do Not Dwell on What Has Passed Away" but "Do Not Rule Out Monday Night either" --- just yet !!!!................... :?

You all know how this works :idea: so don't get too excited ....
or as the saying in the Irish has it "Say Nothing Till You Hear More". 8)
carlowmike.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

Hi Carlowmike,,,been waiting for you to get back from your scouting mission - yes, please do open a new thread ;-)

Cheers PP :) :) :)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
carlowmike

Go Sligo Go....

Post by carlowmike »

This section will deal with all issues and questions etc. relating to Leonard Cohen Sligo Concert...

The Garavouge, Stephen Street, Bar and Restaurant has been nominated as The Leonard Cohen Headquarters for Forum Members and Fans, shuttle buses to Lissadell will operate from the nearby Bus park from 3.30pm to 6oc.
Return tickets will be available and can be booked online.
Contact email Keith at address below.
I met with Keith McNair from "Discover Sligo" he is organizing transport from various counties to Sligo.
He is also planning to publish a Special July issue of "Discover Sligo and the best of the North East" magazine" to commemorate
the occasion . Copies can be ordered on-line, I believe the cost plus postage will be approx. 9 euro including postage or can be purchased in the Garavouge over that weekend for 4 euro.
Email: keith@discoversligo.com
Further information will appear in the Thread in the coming weeks.
Arrangements for Car Parking adjacent to the venue are not yet finalised yet.
Lissadell is approx 6 miles from the town.
I lost my way yesterday going to Sligo from Carlow and lost my way on the return journey :roll: !!
A return journey I thought would take up 5 hours ...I ended up driving for 8 hours.
Make sure and bring a map !!........ :oops:
More data to follow, easy Questions please , I will do my best to answer.
Organic Birdseed for "Bird-on-The-Wire" may elicit further information concerning Monday 2nd August. (reliable up to now :o )
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
swan13

Post by swan13 »

Carlomike

You are doing a sterling job. I will have to buy you a pint in thanks (you may well not remember the whole weekend!!)

Yep a new thread would help keep all Sligo info in one place. If you need any help, just ask.

One question, can you check if buses will be running from say The Garavogue to and from the Radisson (lots of us staying there) in the afternoon and will buses be departing from the Radisson to go to Lissadell or only from the Garavogue.

I have "cosmic ordered" a sunny weekend so no brollys or coats necessary!!! :D
Thanks.

Liz
"Should've got in the car"
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

Yes buses will be running from all major hotels,
contact Keith McNair at email address provided for further details.
new Thread established now under
"Go Sligo Go" 8)
Ballygal

Post by Ballygal »

Thanks for all you are doing especailly the reccy! and there was me thinking you'd be so much nearer than us up here in the North while you were hunting for Sligo! Maybe Keith would need to do Road Maps for us as well as buses and tourist guides? :oops: :oops:
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Carlow mike
Thanks for all the hard work. I will be staying in Yeats country hotel, Rosses Point - do u know how far this is from Lissadell? And also will there be a bus running from the hotel to lissadell and back. Not familiar with the area at all. Any help would be great, thanks.
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”