Leonard to play in Sligo!!

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Purple Princess

Re: Leonard to play in Sligo!!

Post by Purple Princess » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks Swan13, am going to try to get some sleep now - am flying to Belfast so may see u on the road! teehee.

Real-alan - come on now, how many people are going to be holding champas glasses?

Ok, SYIS,

PP xx
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:03 pm

Purple Princess wrote:Real-alan - come on now, how many people are going to be holding champas glasses?
Well, me and 17 friends for starters.... did I tell you it was my birthday... :D :D :D :oops: 8)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 am

real-alan wrote:
Well, me and 17 friends for starters.... did I tell you it was my birthday... :D :D :D :oops: 8)
Looks as if you'll have to keep some of your birthday money and buy your booze on the premises! Not to mention treating the 17 friends to some as well...
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:13 am

TipperaryAnn wrote:
real-alan wrote:
Looks as if you'll have to keep some of your birthday money and buy your booze on the premises! Not to mention treating the 17 friends to some as well...
Well, I think if there's any buying of drinks, they should ALL be buying drinks for me... ;-) BUT... will there be decent (and reasonably priced) champagne available.... ? this is the stuff I need to know.... 8)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks to Andy Jones for the scan!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:43 am

.. ah, I'd forgotten all about tomorrow night's "warm-up" act.... ;-)

ladydi

Post by ladydi » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi Jayne!!! You must be in Ireland by now. Not sure where you're staying but will keep an eye out for you in the Sligo area. I'm at the Radisson (room 319) about 2 km from town. Leslie (mutti) and I walked the town yesterday and it's great! Tonight (Thursday) almost every pub is having some sort of live music starting around 10pm....blues/jazz/folk/country/Irish...they're calling it the Fringe Festival. Should be cool. Which is also what the weather is ;-) ...showers earlier but cloudy and breezy now.

Real-alan....isn't Leonard nice to play for your birthday!!! Have a happy one and we'll lift a glass to you too!!

Diana
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:57 pm

ladydi wrote:Real-alan....isn't Leonard nice to play for your birthday!!! Have a happy one and we'll lift a glass to you too!!

Diana
People attending the Concert with not be permitted to bring in Picnic Hampers or alcohol to the Venue.
Bar facilities are available serving beer, wine & champagne.
Catering will include : Pasta, Paella, Falaffels, Gourmet Burgers and Oysters
Thanks Diana.... looks like it'll be an expensive glass... :shock:

TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:07 pm

real-alan wrote:
Yes, whatever about the cushion, make sure you bring lots of euros !
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:52 pm

TipperaryAnn wrote:
real-alan wrote:
Yes, whatever about the cushion, make sure you bring lots of euros !
You're obviously not reading my posts properly... I'm expecting everyone else to buy drinks for me! :lol: 8) :shock:

quackles

Post by quackles » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Anyone know if you can bring SLR cameras to the concert? I got good seats and would really love to get some nice pics of the master, but don't want to risk bringing my baby if there's a chance he'll be confiscated :cry:
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:44 pm

THEY'RE ON THEIR WAY!

Zipping down the “wrong” side of the highway through windy hairpin turns and nail bitter cut-backs, our faithful driver is making good time and cutting minutes off our journey from Knock airport to our hotel in Sligo. The sky is greyish, overcast and lovely. The rolling Irish countryside intoxicatingly green, and the cool crisp air is a welcome change from the sturdy and sticky heat of the Austrian summer. After a week and half of shows and travel, everyone is looking forward to a day off and healthy portion of Irish hospitality.

— Knock, Ireland
http://leonardcohen.tumblr.com/post/875 ... he-highway
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 pm

real-alan wrote: I'm expecting everyone else to buy drinks for me! :lol: 8) :shock:
Expecting is one thing, getting is another.... :roll:

Great to see that they have landed safely in Knock and are "zipping" along towards Sligo!
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:40 pm

TipperaryAnn wrote:
real-alan wrote: I'm expecting everyone else to buy drinks for me! :lol: 8) :shock:
Expecting is one thing, getting is another.... :roll:
I have confidence in my friends.... ;-) 8)

real-alan

Post by real-alan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:54 pm

Blimey.. I'm glad the "instructions" from Ticketmaster have been posted by Musicmania on the "other" thread.... I'd never have thought I needed to bring my tickets! :roll:

Return to “The World Tour 2010”