Leonard to play in Sligo!!

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
musicmania

Re: Leonard to play in Sligo!!

Post by musicmania » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:24 pm

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0727/6news_ ... 5,null,230

This is the link for the news clip. Not sure if it can be viewed outside Ireland though.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 pm

TipperaryAnn wrote:Was going to suggest bringing another type of wipe, a few sheets of kitchen paper to dry the seat. There are few things in life worse than a wet plastic seat!!! :cry:
I must be getting old... I was planning to bring a cushion... :oops: :oops:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Tipperary Anne - what a great tip but we wont be needing to dry the seats - its going to be brilliant sunshine all day! PMA!!!!!!

And has anyone answered Real-Alans question about bringing ones own refreshments wid them to the concert? ;-) 8) 8)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Purple Princess wrote:And has anyone answered Real-Alans question about bringing ones own refreshments wid them to the concert? ;-) 8) 8)
No, no-one has..... looks like I may be drinking champagne in the car park... :cry: :cry: :oops:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:49 am

From Twitter -
http://twitter.com/TommyW
TommyW - Recommended Leonard Cohen viewing location is a boat bobbing about in the bay beyond Lissadell. Should hear perfectly too. about 2 hours ago via web
TommyW - Lissadell House from the sea, initial preparations for the upcoming Leonard Cohen gig underway. - http://flic.kr/p/8ngfcD 28 minutes ago via Flickr
[Click link above for beautiful picture]
Lissadell House

Sailed past it today. You can see the initial preparations for the Leonard Cohen gig this coming weekend.

The State could have bought the house for a paltry sum and let the local College set up an Institute of Women's Studies as they proposed.

Would have been good, given Countess Markievicz's status as the first woman MP. Although… I once installed an exhibition in the Clare County Museum which included the local hotel's guest book. The open page boasted her signature and under the title 'Profession" she put 'Revolutionary'. Class act.

I was always keenly disappointed that it ended up in private hands, but at least the poets will return this weekend.
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:30 am

real-alan says:

No, no-one has..... looks like I may be drinking champagne in the car park..

Never fear, it is being discussed on "the other Sligo thread". Brodick reports wine being confiscated in Nice last year, but then it was in a glass bottle...Information is being sought.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:05 am

TipperaryAnn wrote:real-alan says:

No, no-one has..... looks like I may be drinking champagne in the car park..

Never fear, it is being discussed on "the other Sligo thread". Brodick reports wine being confiscated in Nice last year, but then it was in a glass bottle...Information is being sought.
Don't think anyone has come up with an answer "over there" ;-) either......

TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:36 pm

sturgess66 wrote:From Twitter -
http://twitter.com/TommyW
TommyW - Recommended Leonard Cohen viewing location is a boat bobbing about in the bay]
Sturgess66, you are BRILLIANT at finding these things ! :D No doubt there will be lots of boats in the bay, unless someone finds a way to stop them.
Glad to see you have posted the lovely aerial photo from today's "Irish Times" . On that, people will be able to see exactly where their seats are.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Well, real excitement now - just home from my last shift and now to the packing!!! Am leaving at 5.45 a.m. in the morning and am buzzing now!!!
(Must remember the Boots midgey wipe thinghys!!!)
SYIS!!!! ;-) :D :) 8)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:58 pm

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 16405.html

The article that accompanies the aerial photo. Safe travelling Purple Princess!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Purple Princess wrote:Well, real excitement now - just home from my last shift and now to the packing!!! Am leaving at 5.45 a.m. in the morning and am buzzing now!!!
(Must remember the Boots midgey wipe thinghys!!!)
SYIS!!!! ;-) :D :) 8)
Safe journey....you'll be able to share a glass of my champagne when you get there, if....
(a) I'm allowed to bring it in (still no word on that.. :cry: )
(b) You can work out who I am amid the hordes... :shock:

See you there..... :D :D

Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Why thank you Real-Alan - am sure I will recognise you straight away! lol

Packing is done, boarding passes printed off, sat and stared at the Leonard tickets for half an hour and shuffled them from place to place trying to decide which is the safest place! Maybe I should tell everyone here where I have put them cos I am bound to forget - always do when I put something in a "safe place"
Reading this, I sound a bit manic - maybe that is because I am!! ;-) ;-) :D :lol: :lol: :razz: ;-)
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Purple Princess wrote:Why thank you Real-Alan - am sure I will recognise you straight away! lol
betchya you don't (Unless the champagne glass is a giveaway ;-) )

vanvliet

Post by vanvliet » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Plenty in the Sligo Champion this week, the whole area is getting ready for a party weekend. Closing time extended to 02.30 so even if you're stuck in traffic getting back you won't go thirsty - and I have a feeling 02.30 will be a guideline rather than a limit!
It's strange living here and having no planning to do, no arrangements to make - I hope to get to the Garavogue at some stage despite not getting round to ordering a nametag
swan13

Post by swan13 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Purple Princess wrote:Why thank you Real-Alan - am sure I will recognise you straight away! lol

Packing is done, boarding passes printed off, sat and stared at the Leonard tickets for half an hour and shuffled them from place to place trying to decide which is the safest place! Maybe I should tell everyone here where I have put them cos I am bound to forget - always do when I put something in a "safe place"
Reading this, I sound a bit manic - maybe that is because I am!! ;-) ;-) :D :lol: :lol: :razz: ;-)
Just reading this is getting me a bit manic too, it's all a bit infectious, I'm starting to giggle now and I'm not leaving until Saturday morning, this can't be good for the heart!!!

Safe travel PP and to all who are either on the way or are soon to leave for Sligo, see you all there.

Liz
"Should've got in the car"

Return to “The World Tour 2010”