Leonard to play in Sligo!!

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
musicmania

Re: Leonard to play in Sligo!!

Post by musicmania »

real-alan wrote:Blimey.. I'm glad the "instructions" from Ticketmaster have been posted by Musicmania on the "other" thread.... I'd never have thought I needed to bring my tickets! :roll:
All joking aside my friend forgot her Macca ticket and would have been f*****d if I didn't say it to her in time to go back and get it. 5 minutes later we would have been on the bus!!! I posted the email as there were questions being asked by forum members that were answered in that email.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

musicmania wrote:
real-alan wrote:Blimey.. I'm glad the "instructions" from Ticketmaster have been posted by Musicmania on the "other" thread.... I'd never have thought I needed to bring my tickets! :roll:
All joking aside my friend forgot her Macca ticket and would have been f*****d if I didn't say it to her in time to go back and get it. 5 minutes later we would have been on the bus!!! I posted the email as there were questions being asked by forum members that were answered in that email.
Hey Music Man... that wasn't meant to be a dig at you, just a gentle one at Ticketmaster for stating (as Basil Fawlty would say) "the bleedin' obvious" :roll:

Some of the other info contained is very useful (if not particularly welcome... :shock: )
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

real-alan wrote:
musicmania wrote:
Hey Music Man... that wasn't meant to be a dig at you, just a gentle one at Ticketmaster for stating (as Basil Fawlty would say) "the bleedin' obvious" :roll:

Some of the other info contained is very useful (if not particularly welcome... :shock: )
Let me guess, a certain point about picnic baskets and alcohol. You could always have your picnic and champagne on the beach before hand. Thats of course if they don't close the beach lol
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

quackles wrote:Anyone know if you can bring SLR cameras to the concert? I got good seats and would really love to get some nice pics of the master, but don't want to risk bringing my baby if there's a chance he'll be confiscated :cry:
Read somewhere that anything looking like "real photography equipment " can be at risk, while little compact cameras are ok. Seems to vary a bit from venue to venue.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

musicmania wrote:You could always have your picnic and champagne on the beach before hand. Thats of course if they don't close the beach lol
Yep, that's the plan now.... so if anyone's at Mullaghmore mid-afternoon, they may get offered a glass of something.... :D
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

musicmania

Post by musicmania »

real-alan wrote:
musicmania wrote:You could always have your picnic and champagne on the beach before hand. Thats of course if they don't close the beach lol
Yep, that's the plan now.... so if anyone's at Mullaghmore mid-afternoon, they may get offered a glass of something.... :D
I was thinking the beach at Lissadell though Mullaghmore is nice too. Are you coming to the meet-up in The Garavogue?

real-alan

Post by real-alan »

musicmania wrote:
real-alan wrote:
I was thinking the beach at Lissadell though Mullaghmore is nice too. Are you coming to the meet-up in The Garavogue?
Mullaghmore is on the way for me.... am I coming to the meet up? Not a chance in hell.... :lol: :lol: :shock: 8)

tinderella

Post by tinderella »

had no intention of going to Sligo... but things happen in mysterious ways :)

Thanks to the kindness of some forum member. Carlow Mike has got me a ticket as a gift for the sunday concert.

I am so THRILLED.
Cannot wait to meet everyone and see Leonard again

Much love

Tinderella xxx
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Friends, as Leonard would say, I'm signing off tonight, as I'm off early tomorrow for Dublin, and not bringing the computer, though I'll still get my Twitter Notes from the Tour on the mobile. Might meet some of you over the week-end, Sligo is not a very big place.
Happy birthday tomorrow real-alan, enjoy your picnic too, wherever! Let's hope there will be only ONE Sligo concert report thread after the event!!! :roll:
It's been fun so far, and the weekend promises to be even better! Enjoy.....
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

tinderella wrote:had no intention of going to Sligo... but things happen in mysterious ways :)

Thanks to the kindness of some forum member. Carlow Mike has got me a ticket as a gift for the sunday concert.

I am so THRILLED.
Cannot wait to meet everyone and see Leonard again

Much love

Tinderella xxx
Nice one! Thats brilliant!
TipperaryAnn wrote:Friends, as Leonard would say, I'm signing off tonight, as I'm off early tomorrow for Dublin, and not bringing the computer, though I'll still get my Twitter Notes from the Tour on the mobile. Might meet some of you over the week-end, Sligo is not a very big place.
Happy birthday tomorrow real-alan, enjoy your picnic too, wherever! Let's hope there will be only ONE Sligo concert report thread after the event!!! :roll:
It's been fun so far, and the weekend promises to be even better! Enjoy.....
I'm bringing my laptop and internet with me but not sure if I'll have coverage. If I do I'll keep everyone updated. I need laptop to transfer photos each day as camera doesn't like big memory cards! I'm leaving for Sligo in 2 hours :D So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

real-alan

Post by real-alan »

a wet & windy day in the North West, but sure, lets get it all out of the way before tomorrow, which will be wonderful.... let the Westlife Fans get rained on... :lol: :lol: :oops:

... a bit jealous of you all setting off from far-flung places - I don't leave home until tomorrow afternoon... 8)

amcgee

Post by amcgee »

hI ALL

Looking forward to the concert tomorrow night, hope the rain stays clear and it is a nice bright evening with plenty of sunshine and even more great music.
Although if it does rain, it don't matter to me, because Cohen will shine through the rain and we will forget about the weather.
Hope everyone has a great time
amcgee
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

real-alan wrote:a wet & windy day in the North West, but sure, lets get it all out of the way before tomorrow, which will be wonderful.... let the Westlife Fans get rained on... :lol: :lol: :oops:

... a bit jealous of you all setting off from far-flung places - I don't leave home until tomorrow afternoon... 8)
Leaving from a dull but dry Kildare in approx 20 minutes. Not too far flung but a 3 hr journey all the same. Happy Birthday! :D

sceachgeal

Post by sceachgeal »

happy birthday alan (real or imagined) where ever you may celebrate it. You could do some flash mobbing to gather a crowd.
I can hardly see the road outside our house but leaving from a fog bound West Cork in half and hour with four new tyres on the car, so I will at least grip the road even if I cannot see it.
when she came back she was nobody's wife . . .
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

sceachgeal wrote:happy birthday alan (real or imagined) where ever you may celebrate it. You could do some flash mobbing to gather a crowd.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The World Tour 2010”