Help with Eurostar and Hotel Lille Europe !

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
paddieu

Help with Eurostar and Hotel Lille Europe !

Post by paddieu » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi

I am posting this separately as time is running out and this request may easily be overlooked in the other thread, which covers the entire tour anyway. And nobody in the thread mentions this hotel below in any case.

We have been refused postponements of hotel Lille Europe and Eurostar to September :(

I will email those of you who replied on the other thread for help.

This thread is to try and catch the eye of others who may have been successful, for their help and advice, with either this hotel or Eurostar.

Thanks for anything you can suggest :-)

Paddy
Mabeanie1

Re: Help with Eurostar and Hotel Lille Europe !

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Paddy

I have drafted a couple of replies to your post but my laptop played up and I lost them so this is the short version. I suggest you work your way through the whole of the Tips to get refunds / credits thread. It will give you all the tips and tactics you need. At least one person transferred a Eurostar booking to September without any problems and several of us managed to transfer non-changeable, non-refundable hotel bookings (including people who have not written of their success in the thread). As you'll see, persistence is the key. I personally wrote at least 6 e-mails and someone phoned the hotel on my behalf before they agreed "exceptionally" to transfer the booking. You have nothing to lose by making a nuisance of yourself - the worst they can do is say no. However, it's worth throwing yourself on their mercy and requesting a goodwill gesture.

If you booked Eurostar and the hotel as a package you would have to address your request for mercy to the tour operator.

Good luck

Wendy
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:27 am

paddieu wrote:Hi

I am posting this separately as time is running out and this request may easily be overlooked in the other thread, which covers the entire tour anyway. And nobody in the thread mentions this hotel below in any case.

We have been refused postponements of hotel Lille Europe and Eurostar to September :(

I will email those of you who replied on the other thread for help.

This thread is to try and catch the eye of others who may have been successful, for their help and advice, with either this hotel or Eurostar.

Thanks for anything you can suggest :-)

Paddy
Hello Paddieu,

I am a bit surprised by this. I booked Hotel Lille Europe, through Hotel.com, and they not only changed the date but said it would be £30 cheaper in Sept. Incidentally, this is the only bit of luck I have had with refunds/changes. Did you have a special rate with Hotel Lille Europe?

I have had no luck with Rail Europe either for the train tickets. After a phone call, letter and e-mail they passed the buck to SNCF (their parent company) saying that as agents they could not offer credits. They did give me the address of SNCF and I have written to them. No reply yet. As Wendy and Ken(adian) advise I intend to keep on trying.

Good luck,

J
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
paddieu

Post by paddieu » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:24 am

Thanks both !

Yes the hotel was at a special rate which is why they say they wont change it. Did anyone else succeed when having a 'special rate' ?

Will keep bashing away...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:58 am

paddieu wrote: Did anyone else succeed when having a 'special rate' ?
I did, and I imagine most of the people who wrote about their experience of changing their hotel booking to the new dates did.

Wendy
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am

[quote="paddieu"]

Hi Paddieu!
If you look at my post, page 4,on Tips to get Refunds/Credits, you'll see how I managed to get vouchers for use at a later date. Someone else earlier in this thread went to St. Pancras and had no trouble at all.
I suggest you e-mail Customer Services, and include a cut-and-paste of my post, and the other persons - they really cannot say yes to some requests and no to others. And, they need all the good publicity they can get at the moment!
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
golo99

Post by golo99 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:35 am

Eurostar services are still up the spout due to the tragic Belgian rail crash (my thoughts and sympathies with the familes of those affected) - see the Eurostar website. They say they hope to be running a normal service to Brussels (via Lille) by Tuesday (2nd March) at the VERY EARLIEST, and that full refunds are available for those disrupted. There's an e-mail form on the website. I'd planned to travel round Belgium by train with my booking once the LC gig was cancelled. That's obviously no longer practical, but luckily Eurostar have been very understanding (and myself very polite).
2008 Dublin June 15th, Manchester June 20th, Vienna Sept 24th, London Nov 17th, Brighton Nov 28th / 2009 Weybridge July 11th / 2010 Malmo Aug 4th, Lille Sept 25th / 2012 Dublin Sept 12th & 14th / 2013 Brighton Aug 28th
ScottM

Post by ScottM » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:05 pm

[quote="paddieu"]
We have been refused postponements of hotel Lille Europe and Eurostar to September

Hi Paddieu!
If you look at my post, page 4,on Tips to get Refunds/Credits, you'll see how I managed to get vouchers for use at a later date. Someone else earlier in this thread went to St. Pancras and had no trouble at all.
I suggest you e-mail Customer Services, and include a cut-and-paste of my post, and the other persons - they really cannot say yes to some requests and no to others. And, they need all the good publicity they can get at the moment!
Gilly

------------------------------------------------------

Just want to add my own note to this. We applied, throught the Eurostar website Customer care link to postpone our whole booking (train & 3 nights hotel) in Lille. We explained the reason for our change request and also accepted that their was no guarantee of a refund. It was quite a complicated process to find the correct Q & A link. The response, due to a back-log of claims because of the bad weather incidents, took several days. However we eventually got a response saying that we would not be able to reschedule at the moment, but they did offer a complete refund on the booking. We have accepted this although we have not yet received a confirmation e-mail to say that our credit card has been refunded. However, I telephoned Eurostar customer care yesterday, Sunday, and was told that we will receive a total refund. Hopefully, this will be the case.
We have not applied to get our concert tickets refunded, as I understand they will be automatically valid for the new date (can someone confirm?) so we look forward to going in September.
Unfortunately, we now have to cancel my holiday plans and go back to work. Still,
could have been a lot worse.
Anyone who still wants to try to get a Eurostar cancellation it might be worth calling their customer care helpline - Tel: 08432186186. It might not be too late.
Good Luck!

Scott & Helen
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi Paddy
Try to give the hotel a call again and ask to speak to someone in charge (nicely of course). I used to be head receptionist so I know it can be done and I did it with my hotel booking which was not changeable. First call was 'no way', second call the booking was changed. Keep trying and best of luck
Victorine
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”