The Tour Band for September?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
KaimiK

Re: The Tour Band for September

Post by KaimiK »

I can confirm that ladydi's knows what she's talking about! I, too, have it on good authority that the band will continue on together. ;-)
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Kelsey! Obviously we both have "good authorities" to rely on :D .
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Well - um - it looks like we all have it on good authority that the band will continue on together.

Unless, of course - for some reason, there is a change.
:lol: :lol:
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Let's hope for the new setlist (of course, with same basic songs, from Dance Me via Bird etc. ...:) and maybe that the next tour will coincide with the new album, with so many songs in progress of writing-recording-rehearsing, and Leonard finally has six free months to record them, after 2 years of touring.

Perspectives seem even bigger than before. Short warm-up in Europe (and farewell to European audiences, after 3 EU tours in 2008 and 2009) moved from March to the Fall, and then - as Javier Mas said in the interview - South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, South America, and Far East (also confirmed by manager in the note for the Forum), before the final leg in Canada (logically).

Jarkko's globe is turning with a reason!
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

@ burningviolin, feeling like an eavesdropper ;-)

Me, too, burningviolin. At least Diana admitted her secret connections ... :shock: ;-)

Amrei :D
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
MEB

Post by MEB »

oneofthosethree wrote:Still nothing re. revised tour dates on the websites of either Sharon Robinson or the Webb Sisters. Likewise nothing showing on websites of Rafael Gayol, Dino Soldo and the old dates only for Roscoe Beck.
Hope those of you who are certain that the band will remain the same are not extrapolating from the fact that it was to be the same in March.
the reason I know the band will be the same isn't because of anything posted on this forum or anywhere else on the internet ;-)
Toronto June 6th 2008, Vienna Sept. 24 & 25 2008, NYC May 16th & 17th 2009, Dublin July 23rd 2009, Belfast July 26th 2009...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

oneofthosethree wrote:Still nothing re. revised tour dates on the websites of either Sharon Robinson or the Webb Sisters. Likewise nothing showing on websites of Rafael Gayol, Dino Soldo and the old dates only for Roscoe Beck.
Roscoe's website hadn't been updated for months - he's still showing a March date in Ljubjana and the (old) wrong date for Moscow! Ditto the Webbs. From memory their website didn't have any of the March dates on it, so I don't think you can infer anything at all from non-information.

Wendy
remote1

Post by remote1 »

MEB wrote:
Hope those of you who are certain that the band will remain the same are not extrapolating from the fact that it was to be the same in March.
the reason I know the band will be the same isn't because of anything posted on this forum or anywhere else on the internet ;-)
Oh, come on then, tell us how you know? You're not Leonard in disguise are you? :razz:
"We are so lightly here"
MEB

Post by MEB »

remote1 wrote:
MEB wrote:
Oh, come on then, tell us how you know? You're not Leonard in disguise are you? :razz:
No not Leonard in disguise, I'm no one important I just know a few people ;-) I can't say anymore than that. :D
Toronto June 6th 2008, Vienna Sept. 24 & 25 2008, NYC May 16th & 17th 2009, Dublin July 23rd 2009, Belfast July 26th 2009...
remote1

Post by remote1 »

Oh well, I'm sure you're important anyway!
[But here's a very trivial fact for you; you joined leonardcohenforum.com on the day of my 40th birthday! :D]
"We are so lightly here"
MEB

Post by MEB »

remote1 wrote:Oh well, I'm sure you're important anyway!
[But here's a very trivial fact for you; you joined leonardcohenforum.com on the day of my 40th birthday! :D]
That's very sweet of you remote1 :D Seems like I picked a luck day to join the forum.
mutti

Re: The Tour Band for September?

Post by mutti »

I feel I have to reveal a secret I have been holding onto since the concert in San Jose...
I am nervous to tell you all...
but it is the right time..
There will be one more member being added to the 2010 tour...
are you ready for the news?
LADY DI will be on stage and part of the band in many European cities....
the secret is out!
Mutti ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

:shock: :shock:

Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla or Julie Christensen 8) ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Relate

Post by Relate »

mutti wrote: LADY DI will be on stage and part of the band in many European cities....
the secret is out!
Mutti ;-)
And Prince Charles on Maracas, right?
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

mutti wrote:LADY DI will be on stage and part of the band in many European cities....
the secret is out!
Mutti ;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't I wish! As my musical ability is er, somewhat limited, I doubt anyone would want me on stage ;-) But I'm willing (as I'm sure many of us are!) to serve in any capacity....even perhaps as Fred's nanny 8)

Return to “The World Tour 2010”