A Note from Robert Kory

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tomsakic

Re: A Note from Robert Kory

Post by tomsakic » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:08 pm

TrishBuckland wrote:II'm new to the forum so please excuse if I've posted in the wrong place! We, too, have had an email informing us of rescheduled dates. We have tickets to see this wonderful man on 1st March at Caen. With fingers crossed I'm hoping that this one is going ahead - can anyone confirm for me that's correct? I certainly don't want to start cancelling travel and hotel arrangements if there's any chance that Mr Cohen will be well enough to perform. Many thanks if anyone can help.
The show in Caen is rescheduled and will happen on September 15, 2010.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:59 pm

jarkko wrote:In principle, the March tickets will be honored on the new date without changes; refunds will be available if the date is inconvenient. Every venue will let us know what ticket holders should do.
I just received the following e-mail from FNAC confirming the above:

Nous vous annonçons que la manifestation LEONARD COHEN LE 03 MARS 2010 A 20H00 A LILLE pour laquelle vous aviez acheté des billets auprès de nos services, CHANGE DE DATE.

Elle aura lieu LE 25 SEPTEMBRE 2010.

Nous vous informons que les billets RESTENT VALABLES POUR LA NOUVELLE DATE.

Si toutefois vous ne souhaitiez pas assister à la nouvelle date et afin de nous permettre de vous rembourser dans les meilleures conditions, nous vous remercions de bien vouloir :

Si vous avez effectué votre achat auprès d’un magasin,

Vous présenter dans le point de vente où vous avez acheté vos billets ; le remboursement sera effectué directement par le magasin.

Si vous avez effectué votre achat par correspondance,

Nous retourner l’ensemble des billets que vous avez en votre possession, ainsi que la facturette (coupon récapitulatif de votre achat) à l’adresse suivante :

FRANCE BILLET – VAD - 93538 LA PLAINE SAINT DENIS CEDEX
Le remboursement sera effectué par chèque si vous aviez réglé par chèque, ou par crédit du compte de la carte bancaire qui a servi lors de l’achat.

Merci de nous préciser à nouveau vos coordonnées postales et de nous renvoyer vos billets impérativement avant le 15 MARS 2010.

Attention, dans tous les cas, passé le 15 MARS 2010 et en l’absence des billets, il ne sera plus possible d’obtenir le remboursement.

I believe the 15 March deadline for a refund is new. I still have not heard anything from GDP.

Wendy
Patrycja

Post by Patrycja » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks to MarieM for posting this and breaking the news as to the tour's delay (is it too late to back-pedal?), and to Robert Kory for the note. He sounds like a good person from all accounts. It's good to know that fans are being well looked after, too.
Will... If It Be Your Will
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:54 pm

A Limerick for LC to come to Limerick:

There was a fine singer named Cohen
Who suffered compression of bone
He said with a grin
If I get well again
It's to Limerick I'm sure I'll be goin
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
Mordy

Post by Mordy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:26 am

Jarkko - are you able to give us any clues as to when the next dates are likely to be announced? I'm really not being pushy - I know there must be a huge amount going on behind the scenes. But - according to this post regarding an interview with Sharon Robinson viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20919 "The interviewer stated that he knew she was going back out on tour with Leonard Cohen in the fall - and Sharon corrected him and said that actually they are going back out again in June - Europe - and lots of places (she couldn't remember exactly)."

In anticipation :D :D :D
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:03 am

Chris Bynum also mentioned on Facebook that he would be back with the Tour in June....and was looking for work until then ;-) For those who may not know, Chris is with the crew and takes care of Roscoe's and the Webb Sisters instruments. You will often see him on stage prior to a concert.
sallyp

Post by sallyp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Yes, it would be good to have some indication of when it is worth daily (hourly!!) checking of the Forum. :) :) :?
SallyP

Weybridge 2010
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:49 pm

sallyp wrote:Yes, it would be good to have some indication of when it is worth daily (hourly!!) checking of the Forum. :) :) :?
You are obviously suffering as badly as I am! :D

Marie
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
topsy turvey

Post by topsy turvey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Irish Mar,concerts in Dublin and Belfast July 2009 were not announced until 31/03/09 so prepare to wait.Ifeel your pain.
HKG Fan

Post by HKG Fan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Hello, I'm sorry to hear of Leonard's injury and wish him a speedy recovery.

I wanted to say that it's good to read there may be an Asian leg to the tour and to let Leonard know he has fans in Hong Kong that would love to see him! - please keep us in mind!
hongkong9

Post by hongkong9 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Well, here's another Hong Kong fan who'll second that! Fingers crossed that he'll come to HK!

I noticed a report in the media recently, however, that Bob Dylan had cancelled tour to China (including HK) because the mainland authorities wouldn't allow him him perform in Shanghai -- apparently they thought he was too "political". I wonder what they would make of Leonard? ("It's coming through a hole in the air, from those nights in Tianenmen Square...")
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:15 am

Concert Bratislava
Tickets purchased on the 13th 3rd 2010 remain in force, for a replacement-term 13/10 2010

More Information on:

help@ticketportal.sk

or agency Vivien

http://www.vivien.sk/start-en.htm

These are the latest news.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”