Marseille, Who's going?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
crystal

Re: Marseille, Who's going?

Postby crystal » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:06 pm

We'll be there as well and I am bringing the rest of my thin green candle and my name tag from Barcelona!
@ holydove: nice to be celebrating once more Leonard's birthday with you and your husband. Looking forward to it!
Christel
cohenadmirer

Postby cohenadmirer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:47 pm

holydove wrote:I am still coming to Marseilles with my husband, we are staying at Hotel Alize, not far from Raddison Blu; we would love to be part of any meetup/celebration; if someone who is famiiliar with the area can book a place, please count us in! Thank you so much. . .
I AM ALSO STAYING AT THE HOTEL ALIZE !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
holydove

Postby holydove » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi Christel! I'm so happy we will celebrate Our Man's birthday together again - can't wait to see you! Good idea about bringing the candle & name tag; I haven't been using my very sacred thin green candle, because I don't want it to be gone! I decided I will only light it once each year, on Leonard's birthday, wherever I am; so I will bring it to Marseilles too - so thank you for mentioning that!

cohenadmirer: I'm so glad to hear you will be in the same hotel!! I look forward to meeting you. . .

See you both soon!! (Isn't it amazing to be able to say "soon", after such a looong wait. . . this is sooo exciting!! )
trish

Postby trish » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:13 am

BEATRIZ SALLES wrote:I know we are now all excited about the Gent venues this week end, but what about Marseille?
Aren't we forum member's thinking for something special for the birthday celebretation?
Who's definetly going?
What about French (or better Marseille) members looking for a good place to meet?
We are a group of Spanish people coming, some of the BCN team like myself.
Any idea about hotels?
Hi Beatriz, thanks for getting this thread going again! Look forward to meeting everyone. Myself, Aloevera and Ciaran are also staying at the Radisson Blu.

Daveliver your suggestion sounds good! The vieux port certainly looks lovely. A bientót!
slfreire

Postby slfreire » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:56 am

Me, my wife and my daughter are going form Brazil to France just to see Leonard and his band playing alive.
We are so happy with tihis, because we are big fans.

Do you know if it possilble to meet up with Leonard ir order to take some pics? You know, may be this will be a unique opportunity to us. It will be gratefull to take this pics for remebering when we return to Brazil.

May I have a email contact for the tour manager of Leonard? Please PM for slfreire@terra.com.br

Thanks in advance

Slfreire
basecamp

Postby basecamp » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:17 am

We will be there too! How about a fan meet-up before the concert? Any ideas?
-Hans
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
harald

Postby harald » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:54 pm

regina and me will also be at the marseille gig
looking forward to it!
and yes, we would love to join with other forum members for a meetup
as i have never been to marseille yet, i trust and hope the "locals" or marseille-frequenters come up with something, needn´t be that grand as barcelona was, just an informal reservation of some tables in a nice bar or restaurant would do fine
now off for the florence-concert...
best
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
Conny

Postby Conny » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Tigrib and I will be there as well, bringing our name tags with us and looking forward to meet you celebrating Our Mans birthday together again :D
Conny
1976&79: Frankfurt| 2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankf./Hamburg/Oberhausen| 2009: Cologne/Berlin/Colmar/Barcelona/Vegas/S.José| 2010: Salzburg/Berlin/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseille/Hannover/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warsaw/Vegas
2012: Gent/Amsterdam/Berlin/London/Dublin/Verona/Toulon/Paris/Barcelona/Madrid
2013: Paris/Antwerp/Mannheim/Brussels/Rome/Lucca/Berlin/Lodz/Prague/Vienna/Pula/Odense/Manchester/Leeds/London/Rotterdam/Amsterdam
Tripping

Postby Tripping » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:26 pm

My friend and I will be there as well.

I was hoping there would be a concert on 16 September (my birthday), but decided against going to Caen on the 15th or Grenoble on the 17th and chose rather to see Leonard on HIS birthday!

We are travelling from South Africa for this concert and will be tourists and strangers in Marseille, but would love to meet up with other fans before the concert.

As we will be sightseeing during the day and will have cameras with us, can someone please tell me what the rules are regarding taking cameras into the concert venue with you?

Also, will we be able to leave birthday presents for Leonard?

I am hoping for very many Happy Birthday songs to Leonard during the evening!

I am excited beyond belief!
Marseilles 2010, Barcelona 2012, London 2013, Amsterdam 2013. Hoping for more ..
BEATRIZ SALLES

Postby BEATRIZ SALLES » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:19 pm

crystal wrote:We'll be there as well and I am bringing the rest of my thin green candle and my name tag from Barcelona!
Meritxell (Andorra) and I, we are thinking on preparing new canddles for the Marseille birthday venue. We are very bussy, but as we have 5 hours car trip BCN to Marseille we can try.
We need to know how many forumites will be in Marseille and how can we meet (Daveeliber, are you back from Weissbaden?) (Sandrine?).

Finally we are staying with Chema at Escale Oceania.
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
Judy

Postby Judy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:19 pm

That's a wonderful idea!

Dave and Sandrine where are you :D ?
daveeliver

Postby daveeliver » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:31 am

Hi All,
Hope life is good for you all.
Wiesbaden was great and though there were a few Irish bars in the town, it was (as Henning remarked), unusual to find none of the Irish forum members at any of the meetups!
Strangely there were many Germans...they encouraged me to drink!

So for me Marseille beckons, maybe for me it will be last time.
Unless anybody has other ideas I will contact Bar Massilia
http://www.massiliacafe.fr/
33 rue de la Reine Elisabeth.
and see if they can accomodate us on Tuesday afternoon between 2 and 6.
It is approximately 2 kms from the Massilia to The Dome and googlemaps reckons it should take about 30 minutes.

Though if we walk at the pace Beatriz set in Barcelona it may take only half the time.
Don't bring the rain from Spain only your green candles, mine is packed already!
I'll bring maps also.

Bar Massilia is near to your hotels and is near to one of my favourite bars 'Brasserie les Templiers'
I arrive Sunday but I am staying with friends in Jouques near Aix.
However I may book a hotel for Monday night and join whoever is in town,but will not do anything after the concert.
Let me know your thoughts and obviously if anybody from Marseille wishes to organise anything else, please take over xx
See you in Marseille, French strikes permitting
Dave
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
crystal

Postby crystal » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Thank you, Dave for organising this and thank you Beatriz for organizing the thin green candles. We'll be there (Christel + husband) but have to get our tickets before the concert. I am sure others will have to do this as well.
We'll be coming from Strasbourg and I really really hope there is no strike on the 20th and the flights will happen.
See you in Marseille, Christel
BEATRIZ SALLES

Postby BEATRIZ SALLES » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Thankyou Dave, it sounds great!
Don't think I'm always running under the rain like crazy! It's just Leonard, you all, and maybe some good Spanish wine that make me do such thinks.
We are working on canddles, maybe we are changing colour.
How many do you think we have to prepare?
I will also bring my BCN nametag with me.
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
holydove

Postby holydove » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Thank you, Dave! My husband & I will be there; I look forward to meeting you!

Beatriz: nice of you to think of the candles - but changing the color??!! That might be sacrilege!! (Just joking. . . kind of. . .) I look forward to meeting you too!

Return to “The World Tour 2010”