Marseille, Who's going?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Anne

Marseille, Who's going?

Post by Anne »

My brother and I are planning on hitting this one, I am coming from Canada and he is coming from Morocco. It should be good.
sandrine1

Re: Marseille, Who's going?

Post by sandrine1 »

hi,

I will be there ! I Live in Marseille so if you need informations (hotels, places worth seing..) feel free to e-mail me.

Sandrine
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi,
I look forward to seeing a few friendly faces at the Marseille concert.
I love Marseille and am a frequent visitor, but now my friends (and concert companions)live in Jouques near Aix, though continue to work in Marseille.
Let me know if anybody is having a drink/snack before.
I'm sure there must be a few more forum members attending the concert.
Greetings from Liverpool
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Anne wrote:My brother and I are planning on hitting this one, I am coming from Canada and he is coming from Morocco. It should be good.
Hi Anne, I belatedly read your post that you and your brother will be meeting for the concert in Marseille. At this point I wish I had looked at France more seriously but still hope for something "reasonable" in Moscow.

Many, many years ago I had lunch with a friend at a little cafe in the harbour of Marseille on a drizzly afternoon in February. We ordered bouillabaisse, which then took 30-45 minutes to prepare...meanwhile we sipped a delicious white wine and nibbled on bread...bread that is only made that way in Europe, with lush unsalted butter. The meal became one of those memorable feasts that one never forgets for their entire life. My memories will be with all of you in Marseille.

Anne, it was wonderful to meet you in Las Vegas!!! You are SOOO awesomely beautiful, within AND without!
msbette

Post by msbette »

I am planning on being in Marseille for the Concert on March 7th and would love to meet up with other fans for conversation, a glass of wine and/or a bite to eat. I am coming from the Napa Valley, CA and will probably stay in Marseille for the night before the concert and the night after the concert. I am exploring hotels in Marseille that are inexpensive and I am open to any suggestions.

After the Concert I will be staying in Antibes at a timeshare for a week. I saw Leonard Cohen at his last North American performance in San Jose, CA. I listen to his music almost constantly and never tire of hearing him. I especially like the CD's of his last London Concert. I am a new fan of his (I don't know how I managed to not know of him until recently) but now am entirely devoted to him and his music. I would love to meet him sometime but not sure that is possible. I would also like suggestions about what tickets to buy for the Marseille Concert. Of course I am not familiar with the venue where he will perform. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I also do pet and house sitting here in California and would love to have an opportunity to do the same in Marseille or anywhere else in France where my services may be needed. I have excellent references and I can be reached by email at msbetteann@gmail.com
Kenadian

Post by Kenadian »

msbette wrote:After the Concert I will be staying in Antibes at a timeshare for a week.
Stop it! You're killing me!!! I love Antibes, and the last time I was there, I stayed on a private yacht for a week. It doesn't get any better than that! Ask me about it if we meet in Marseille. However, I am thinking that the only show I would skip of the 6 in France, would be Marseille, as I would lke to have 4 days in Antibes.

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
Francy

Post by Francy »

I'll be there too, travelling from Brussels with son and daughter.
We are still looking for an hotel, so if someone could recommand us some good adress...
Looking forward :D
Francy

---

2008: Kilmainham (Dublin), Nice, Brussels
2009: Antwerp, Colmar, Barcelona, Las Vegas, San José
2010: Lille, Marseille, ...
something crazy

Post by something crazy »

I have just bought tickets for this concert from GDP:

PARTERRE - Rang 0 - Place 023
PARTERRE - Rang 0 - Place 024

I think this is front row, can anyone confirm?
faithfully

Leonard's birthday gig in Marseille

Post by faithfully »

I will be there!

Was twice so far in this beautiful city. 2002 to see Marianne Faithfull and 2003 to see David Bowie (him in the Dome, too, Marianne at the Docs des Suds.

http://www.capaldo.net (pictures of the Marianne Faithfull show).
Attachments
faithfull.jpg
faithfull.jpg (27.35 KiB) Viewed 5160 times
Bowie.jpg
crystal

Post by crystal »

We will be there, too. We have tickets avant scene no 058 and 059. Iwas also wondering could this be first row? I can't find seating plans with numbers.
Have a nice weekend, Christel
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

crystal wrote:We will be there, too. We have tickets avant scene no 058 and 059. Iwas also wondering could this be first row? I can't find seating plans with numbers.
Have a nice weekend, Christel
I have been playing around with the Marseille seating chart as I have been hunting for tickets and this is how I think the seating works. The Parterre is the area immediately in front of the stage. After that comes the Avancees or Avant Scene followed by the 1-er Gradins and so on. I think the Avant Scene is a raised area but GDP will confirm this for you (info@gdp.fr). There are 3 central blocks in the Parterre. The middle one is P3, the one to the right of stage (Dino's side) is P2 and so on. There are 16 seats in each block but no row numbers (hence all tickets are Rang 0) so row 1 is seats 1-16, row 2 is 17-32, row 3 is 33-48 and so on.

There is a good - but unnumbered - seating plan at http://www.ticketnet.fr. Search for Leonard Cohen, select the Mareseille show then go as if to buy tickets. A plan will come up which shows you where your allocated seat is but there is also a magnified area that you can slide around to look at other parts of the arena.

Hope that helps. BTW I sent a couple of e-mails to GDP to ask where particular seats were and I had prompt and specific replies back from them in both French (in response to an enquiry in very bad French) and in English (when I saw sense and wrote to them in English!)

Wendy
something crazy

Post by something crazy »

Thanks Wendy that's really helpful, I will email them. I thought front row was too good to be true! :)
crystal

Post by crystal »

Thank you very much, Wendy. That helps.
Christel
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar »

Thank you from me too Wendy for your detailed response. I'm off to check out what I've booked because I can't wait three working days to find out where we will be!

Marie
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Thanks Wendy,
I wasn't sure where I was sitting and thought I was about 14 rows back but Parterre-Rang 0- 09,10,11
sounds good.
I'm still off to Provence in (only 3 weeks time) so if I can help anyone in anyway please ask.
I'll have a drink in Brasserie les Templiers, a cous cous,a few days in Aix,Arles, and walk for miles and miles.

Wish the show was still going on, but September gives me another excuse...
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫

Return to “The World Tour 2010”