Leonard for Ireland?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
willo

Re: Leonard for Ireland?

Post by willo »

IrishMar, what a wonderful Ambassador for Ireland you are. You have my full support to get leonard and his wonderful band back to our fair land. How our nation could do with another lift as we suffer from recession and floods. Please Leonard call this away again soon
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

Why not stop off in Ireland on the way to France? The country needs a lift after the World Cup play-offs. LC would be the ideal boost.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
remote1

Post by remote1 »

In any case IrishMar, you and your family ought to be getting free VIP tickets to every Leonard Cohen show on the planet! I've just watched IrishAl's upload of A Thousand Kisses Deep in Vegas three times; it's breathtaking! I am so grateful for the videos... :)
"We are so lightly here"
mutti

Post by mutti »

Irish Mar and Sir Albert! My new lovely friends...hanging out with you both in Las Vegas and San Jose was part of what made my time there so full and fun!
Albert I have just started watching your videos and am so grateful to you that they are there so I can watch at my leisure. I am filled with smiles and warmth reliving the concerts and songs...and seeing it all over again.
I watched 'So long Marianne' in Dublin just by chance and couldn't stop smiling!!! I didn't know the audience sang throughout the song. I thought that would be annoying as after all we do go to these concerts to hear Leonard but of course his voice and the bands was clearly stronger and the audience singing was amazing...I will have to listen more but if this happens a lot in the Irish crowds that is a wild crowd for sure.
I have no idea how many more concerts I can go to financially depending where they are
but if one happens to be in Ireland I will try to come!!!!!!!!
Of course Western Canada is the easiest for me and Eastern Canada is a good option and anywhere in the US...

I do wonder where the last concert will be of 2010 tour??? ;-) but its too early to start that guessing game. I am sure that one will be dynamite and how can we top the polka dot blouse's?
For now
Thank you Albert! for your posting the videos and helping us keep these live concerts close by so we can always watch them...
Leslie (Mutti) 8) :) 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
topsy turvey

Post by topsy turvey »

Leonard pleeeeeeeeese return to Ireland orrrrrrrrrrrr Uk orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mainland EU .WE NEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeD YOU.love you xxxxxxxxxx
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

Ireland for sure...
here is picture of group of Irish supporters at Plaque unveiling.
We even got Leonard's sister Esther wearing our colours...(I hope it appears )

DSCF3696.JPG
1741K View Download
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Having missed out on the wonderful ambiance of an Irish LC concert, I would travel to Dublin to be part of these fun-filled audiences and bring along a few people who want to experience it also. Sounds so right to me!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Can't wait to have a beer with you here in Ireland Mary :)
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera »

Good evening all,

I haven't been on the forum since my amazing visit to Nashville. I was delighted I travelled so far for beauty - to experience a Leonard Cohen concert in a small theatre was profound. I made several pleas to Roscoe to return to Dublin.

As you all know the hours & days fly by on this forum, so I have been attending to my 'To Do List' since my return.

In the past few days I have been listening to Leonard's concert from RHK on June 15th 2008. It was sent to me by Joe & Anne Way. It brought back all the memories of those magical evenings.
During the course of the concert Leonard said to the audience" I would love to bring you to all our concerts".

So Leonard - a plea from the heart - please come back to your city of "singers, poets & writers". The connection between you and an Irish audience is unique.

(I will return to this topic soon folks, have loads to say on this particular subject).

In song.

Paula :D
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Well done, IrishMar, brilliant thread!
I must agree with you Paula about the concert in RHK ON 15th June'08. It was truly memorable and i love listening to it , especially 'Marianne'. It is one of the best renditions of the song over the whole tour.
If Leonard reads this thread i'm sure he'll remember too and smile!
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

Irish Mar, We met in Dublin and were both fortunate to meet Leonard. You put my 10 concerts of the 2008-09 tour to shame! Would love to see Leonard in Dublin, of all places, again and would make every effort to go.
Those who earnestly are lost
Are lost and lost again

1989: Hydra; 1993: Royal Albert Hall x 2; 2008: Dublin x 3; Manchester Opera House x 2; London O2; Royal Albert Hall x 2; 2009: Dublin 02 x 2; 2010: Sligo x 2; 2012: Dublin x 2; 2013: London O2; Dublin x 2; 2014: Dublin meet up
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera »

Good morning fellow Cohenites on this the first day of December.

We are drawing towards the winter solstice - the longest day of the year.

This is a plea to the people who do the numbers.

A small country of approximately 5 million people - 5 sell-out concerts in 09, 3 in 08 (Ireland as a geographic entity, there are no musical borders).

It's a no brainer, do the maths.

In song and hope.

Paula :D
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

Aloevera wrote:Good morning fellow Cohenites on this the first day of December.

Thought it's the shortest day of the year. The longest day is in June.
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera »

Oh, correction accepted. I meant the shortest day of the year, of course.

That's what I get for being on the forum during working hours!!!!

She who types in haste!!!!

In song. Paula
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

osmachar wrote:
Aloevera wrote:
Thought it's the shortest day of the year. The longest day is in June.
Depends on how you define the longest day. It certainly feels like the longest day as I sit here at work .....

Wendy

Return to “The World Tour 2010”