merchandise comments/requests

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mirka

merchandise comments/requests

Post by mirka » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:40 am

At the last San Jose concert I noticed two Forum members wearing attractive T-shirts/embroided patterns, they were asked where did they got it from (one was self made, another bought from the street vendor in Barcelona).
I just tried my Leonard T-shirt bought yesterday, and noticed that the nominal size (XL) doesn't correspond to the one I expected (it was more like Medium long).

Maybe Forum members would like to comment on the memorabilia sold at the concerts ? come up with their own ideas ?

I like idea of the Unified Hearts logo color embroidery sold as a separate piece (more versatile then just a Tshirt).
I would also like Tshirts sizes to be closer to what is expected in US (they were made in India, apparently according to their idea of XL size).

mirka
--
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
casterbridgecohen

How to design your own unique Leonard Cohen T Shirt

Post by casterbridgecohen » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Mirka

It was I sitting next to you at San Jose wearing a street vendors T shirt from Barcelona. I thought they were a nicer design than the 'official' ones so I bought three - two to keep in the UK and one in Canada.

I reckon your best bet to get a nice unique Cohen T shirt is to make your own which is what I plan to do. If you have been close enough to take a high resolution picture of Leonard use that or else surf the web until you find a picture of Leonard that you like from a site that allows you to download images for personal not commercial use. Use the image and design your own shirt and submit it to a 'Design and Make your own T shirt web site. Surely there has to be many of these sites? Hey Presto you have your own T Sirt with emblazoned on the Back 'Mirka and Leonard's world Tour or 'On tour with Leonard' or (My favourite) 'Around the World with Leonard Cohen' with a list of all the concerts that you went to.

Easy eh?

I am sorry the seat I told you about in the front row had gone by the time you got to it. It was free when I came to tell you but in the meantime Wendy commandeered it for her husband!
1970 IOW 2008 Dublin - Manchester - Glastonbury - Berlin - Cardiff - Bournemouth 2009 Vancouver - Victoria - Koln - Nimes - Bratislava - Budapest - Barcelona - L Vegas - San Jose 2010 Salzburg - Basel - Strasbourg - Lille - Victoria - Vancouver - L Vegas(2) 2012 Montreal - Quebec - NYC 2013 London - Amsterdam
mirka

Re: How to design your own unique Leonard Cohen T Shirt

Post by mirka » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:57 am

Hi Stranger,
I like the idea of self made Tshirts, not only for Leonard tour but for all other personal occasions.

Thanks for letting me know about the free seat, I wish I got there right after you told me, :( especially considering the blouse riot, I'd love to throw my own piece :razz:
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
canadianfans

Re: merchandise comments/requests

Post by canadianfans » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:48 am

Does anyone know how to find out if any of the 09 tour merch can still be bought? I ched the bandmerch.com website, no luck. We were at the Las Vegas show and kept running back and forth, LOL, thinking of our poor friends back in Canada and what they were missing, I bought a small heap of those lovely little $5 lapel pins... and LOST THEM somehow!! Would love to buy some more. (Luckily I first put one on my Unified Hearts fleecy) If anyone knows more about how to find this merch online, pls email me ? rogerbrant at shaw dot ca thanks friends :)
Mabeanie1

Re: merchandise comments/requests

Post by Mabeanie1 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Mirka

I'm sorry I "commandeered" the spare seat next to me before you did - I guess neither of us were really entitled to it, were we but Tony & I wanted to enjoy his last ever Leonard Cohen show together. I'm also sorry we didn't get to meet though and I wish I'd known you were looking for a seat at the front as Tony's seat next to Bonnie on the other side of the arena was empty after he moved.

Wendy

Return to “The World Tour 2010”