The UK is calling...

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
remote1

Re: The UK is calling...

Post by remote1 »

carlowmike wrote:Don't Dwell on What Has Yet To Be....( above all do not get too excited or change plans)

The Bird-on-The-Wire is chirpping something about UK at end of August...

Late in the day I know--- but I will let you know as soon as I hear more....

whoever controls the past controls the future....whoever controls the present controls the past...(something like that !) :)
Hey Mike

I don't suppose there is any hint as to which part of the country this might or might not be happening? :D

Cheers!
"We are so lightly here"
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

I have been waiting to book a holiday, did not want to be away if HE should happen to grace our shores in the UK.
Not wanting to wait any longer, I have made it early September as it looks difficult for him to fit us in there.
Please God I have not boobed and he sneaks here while I am away.
Otherwise I will have to kill myself.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

I do so much want Leonard to come here again, but I get a bit torn and apprehensive for him when I look at the show schedule. There are just so many bookings, I feel a little concerned for his wellbeing. I know he loves to tour but this extend of travelling must take its toll. I was hoping that a date here might be slipped in at the end of August but maybe they are all going to have a mid-season break.

Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Evie B wrote:I do so much want Leonard to come here again, but I get a bit torn and apprehensive for him when I look at the show schedule. There are just so many bookings, I feel a little concerned for his wellbeing. I know he loves to tour but this extend of travelling must take its toll. I was hoping that a date here might be slipped in at the end of August but maybe they are all going to have a mid-season break.

Evie B
I wouldn't worry about Leonard, Evie. If he didn't want to do the touring he wouldn't and his friends will make sure that he does not overdo things. I find it really interesting how the tours have been paced over the last couple of years. The 2009 and 2010 tours of Europe have looked more like leisurely vacations at times with breaks between shows and free weekends in beautiful cities such as Venice and Barcelona (albeit that the latter turned out to be somewhat marred by food poisoning and its aftermath) with friends and family joining from time to time. There seems to be a very clear intention that, if they are going to be spending the summer in Europe (or where ever they happen to be) they are definitely going to make the most of it.

So far as a mid season break is concerned, I think Jarkko said something about this when the "new" summer dates started to appear. At the moment, there seems to be a gap between the last Ghent show on August 22 and the (as yet unconfirmed officially) show in Florence on September 1. However, it would not surprise me if the "break" got somewhat eroded as this has happened before.

I guess we wait and see what happens ....

Wendy
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Evie B wrote:I get a bit torn and apprehensive for him when I look at the show schedule. There are just so many bookings, I feel a little concerned for his wellbeing.

Evie B
I wouldn't worry about Leonard, Evie. If he didn't want to do the touring he wouldn't and his friends will make sure that he does not overdo things.

Wendy
I hope you're right, Wendy. Sometimes i share Evie B's anxiety when I look at that long list of concerts. Of course we all want more and more concerts, and presumably Leonard feels able for them now, but how will he feel after 10, 20, 30 ? I thought they might just do the re-scheduled French concerts, and let him rest after that, but the list keeps growing... And of course we won't complain, when Lissadell and other gems, including possibly UK, are included. So all we can do is wish him well and hope for the best; he's a great example of dedication and endurance !
Last edited by TipperaryAnn on Sat May 22, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Oooh, encouraging news about UK rumours, I will have everything crossed, despite what problems it may cause me...
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony »

(Just keeping this thread near the top ;) :))
A
x
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

We went to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood at the newly refurbished LG Arena (former NEC Arena) near Birmingham last night. My, what a transformation! The place has had major face lift: they have added a massive food court and bar area on the side and the once overcrowded corridors surrounding the seating areas are now warm and welcolming places that you can actually move in. There is new seating in the arena itself which is spacious and comfortable and the new turnstiles at the entrance were fast and plentiful - no queues! I think Leonard & the band should come and take a look! It's in an ideal location too - central in the UK with excellent road and rail connections and only a hop, skip and a jump away (or check out the people mover!) from Birmingham International airport with direct flights to Europe, the US and beyond.

Did I mention that the LG Arena is just 15 minutes away by motorway from our house ;-) ???

Wendy
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

What's the news about when we are likely to hear of any more concerts?
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

Is there any hope for the UK???? I'm just so tempted by Florence, but have to think of the finances. But I do agree with your concerns, Evie B - it looks like a exhausting schedule for even a kid with a crazy dream...

I've got good seats for Hannover, which is now proving a bit of a logistical problem, but would much prefer Florence - or - please - somewhere in the UK.

Mordy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have mentioned several times that there are no dates in the UK in the list I have.
I cannot be 100% sure because the schedule still keeps on changing, but the number
of the remaining concerts in Europe (those not yet announced) is decreasing...
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

jarkko wrote:I have mentioned several times that there are no dates in the UK in the list I have.
I cannot be 100% sure because the schedule still keeps on changing, but the number
of the remaining concerts in Europe (those not yet announced) is decreasing...
Oh how we pounce on any posibility of everyone of your utterances Jarkko :roll: :lol:
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
remote1

Post by remote1 »

Well, Carlowmike's so called Bird-on-The-Wire turned out to be correct regarding the gig in Ireland, so there is hope. :D
"We are so lightly here"
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

remote1 wrote:Well, Carlowmike's so called Bird-on-The-Wire turned out to be correct regarding the gig in Ireland, so there is hope. :D
gigs - both of them. I sense that he is well connected at the local promoter level. It could be that AEG have been approached about a possible date in the UK but I suppose it's equally possible that nothing may come of it. Where there are still openings there is still hope ...

Wendy
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

... I'm still hoping and pleading .... (let's keep this high on the subjects discussed ...).

maybe, maybe, maybe he'll do an intensive tour of all the UK venues throughout 2011....???
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”