Morning Glory

Leonard Cohen's recent albums - share your views with others!
cdb

Morning Glory

Post by cdb »

Have I scratched my CD of Dear Heather, or are my speakers crap?
-because the vocals on Morning Glory sound awfully fuzzy to me, considering this is a bona fide recording...

Or am I just going mad as a cow fed on its brethren?

regards,
CDB
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Everything's OK with my copy... Leonard recitates the story in two voice, and he's more like mumbling, so he's not totally in front of the mix... Maybe you need better speakerphones, I wouldn't know.
cdb

Post by cdb »

Leonard does mumble along, but it was Anjani Thomas ' vocals that seemed to grate a little when I listened. The singing on DH as a whole seems OK which is why I'd wondered if this track seemed a little out of sorts to anyone else. I'll maybe try it out on a friend's system just to be absolutely sure it's not my copy. Unless I'm just playing the thing too loud?!

Thanks. Regards,
CDB
Jay

Post by Jay »

I like 'Morning Glory' the most on 'Dear Heather', its such a brilliant strange song, with Cohens own voice repeating himself in the background.
Another one i like on it is 'There for you'.
Manna

Post by Manna »

Hmm, just read this, though it's ~2 yrs old. On my copy of morning glory, the horns get suddenly louder near the end. It sounds more like a production flaw than an intentional increase in volume, but I don't know if it was a mastering mistake or if its just strange this way on my copy. Anyone?
In a dark corner of nowhere
I am twisting my dunce cap like a gyre
into the hurricane of foretold lunacy.
- Leo Victor Briones

Return to “Live in London, Dear Heather, The Essential Leonard Cohen, Ten New Songs”