Dear Heather & The Favourite Game

Leonard Cohen's recent albums - share your views with others!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I don't know if it's true or not. Never been hypnotized, nor present when someone else was. But, it has been said that, even under hypnosis, no one will do something that they really don't want to do under normal circumstances.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

lizzytysh wrote:But, it has been said that, even under hypnosis, no one will do something that they really don't want to do under normal circumstances.
Like undressing 8) :?:
tom.d.stiller

Post by tom.d.stiller »

lizzytysh wrote:I don't know if it's true or not. Never been hypnotized, nor present when someone else was. But, it has been said that, even under hypnosis, no one will do something that they really don't want to do under normal circumstances.
Breavman had the same information:
Breavman had studied the books. A subject cannot be compelled to do anything which he would consider indecent while awake. But there were ways. For instance, a modest woman can be induced to remove her clothes before an audience of men if the operator can suggest a situation in which such an act can be performed quite naturally, such as taking a bath in the privacy of her own home, or a naked rest under the sun in some humid deserted place.

( TFG, I, 27 )
kleinschmidt

Post by kleinschmidt »

I think "legs all white from the winter" is indeed a reference to mariann(a)(Shell). She's from Norway, a country covered with snow. I know this because i'm from denmark and my legs are almost pale. I'm glad Leonard finds this sexy :D
tom.d.stiller

Who is Heather???

Post by tom.d.stiller »

Heather is Suzanne. Heather is Marianne. Heather is Catherine Tekakwitha. Of course, heatherly is Heather. lizzytysh is Heather. You are Heather, Tom Sakic, as you are Heather, Joe Way, and you, Jurica. I am Heather. Most of all: God is Heather. (One of these days I'll prove it!)
tom.d.stiller

Post by tom.d.stiller »

Leonard Cohen wrote:Breavman had studied the books. A subject cannot be compelled to do anything which he would consider indecent while awake. But there were ways. For instance, a modest woman can be induced to remove her clothes before an audience of men if the operator can suggest a situation in which such an act can be performed quite naturally, such as taking a bath in the privacy of her own home, or a naked rest under the sun in some humid deserted place.
'It's hot, you've never been so hot. Your sweater weighs a ton. You're sweating like a pig. ...'
[...]
He had never seen a woman so naked. He ran his hands all over her body. [...] He covered her body with two trembling hands like mine-detectors.
( TFG, I, 27 )
Heather - heat her - he at her

Now tell me this is too simple for Leonard's mind!

Tom
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Innovative thinking, Tom ~ and certainly not too simplistic for Leonard's mind.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Don’t you love it? I go back in time to about twelve years old when I hear it. It’s got such a cheery sound, like a merry-go-round. Spelling it out amplifies that all-consuming experience of infatuation, when a primal urge obliterates the intellect. It was a bit tricky to get the vocals in sync only because I didn’t write the whole lyric out. There are only five lines but they are chanted in different ways. We had a lot of laughs over getting it right.
I wondered how people would react to it. To those who are irritated and perhaps even incensed by it, try a glass of Bordeaux and put it on autoplay until you stop taking it all so seriously.
Anjani
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

To those who are irritated and perhaps even incensed by it, try a glass of Bordeaux and put it on autoplay until you stop taking it all so seriously.
Not even a gallon of Bordeaux will help that song. :)

Midnight
tom.d.stiller

Post by tom.d.stiller »

A gallon of Bordeaux won't help any song. A glass might. This one doesn't even need a drop. :D

Return to “Live in London, Dear Heather, The Essential Leonard Cohen, Ten New Songs”