I have just uploaded a few more gems from last night to Youtube. They are still processing, so if the quality is not good, try again later.
I will be travelling for the next 24 hours , so further uploads will have to wait until then.
so long Marianne.
I was reminded by Allan Showalter's recent detailed postings on "So Long, Marianne" at http://1heckofaguy.com
about the "Your eyes" verse sung in San Jose.
I wondered if there was an audience recording from the recent tours that included all 6 original (studio version) verses, but I couldn't find one, so I have compiled a video that includes the 6 original verses as well as the rarity recorded by Albert Noonan.
With permission, I have used 3 of Albert’s excellent videos as they are reliably top quality. Also one camera(man) keeps uniformity of video style and minimal audio variation between venues. https://www.youtube.com/user/albertnoonan
The recordings are San Jose 2009, Zagreb 2010 and Sligo 2010 (Aug1). There are some variations in band clothing and some minor changes in arrangements, and I hope they don’t distract from the overall effect. I did some audio editing to smooth out the transitions between venues and verses.
The track order is as on the studio version, with "Your eyes" slotted in before "For now I need your hidden love" as it was in San Jose.
1. Won’t you come over to the window, my little darling (SJ)
2. Oh, you know I really love to live with you (SJ)
3. Oh, we met when we were almost young (Sligo)
4. Oh, your letters say that you’re beside me now (Z)
5. Your eyes, how will I forget your eyes (SJ)
6. For now I need your hidden love (SJ)
7. Oh, you are really such a pretty one (Z) & play-out.
As Albert wrote "enjoy!'