CONCERT REPORT: Nashville, November 5

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
annieemiller23

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Nashville, November 5

Post by annieemiller23 »

i am horrible at typing and the computer so excuse me please i just want to say that i had the extreme pleasure of sitting in the front row with the most wonderful people it is an experience that turned my soul inside out ken i was sitting next to and i forget the names of the other two lovely people i met but considering i am in the middle of a heart wrenching divorce and the mother of two small children this experience was beyond words i want to get in contact with those who were around me so i can share the one gift i make which is leonard rugs and pillows and also pray and hope that leonard comes to the us in 2010 again so i can have this lifting of the soul again
CinCin

Post by CinCin »

Lizzy, I love you. :D Thank you so much.
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
Kenadian

Post by Kenadian »

annieemiller23 wrote:i am horrible at typing and the computer so excuse me please i just want to say that i had the extreme pleasure of sitting in the front row with the most wonderful people it is an experience that turned my soul inside out ken i was sitting next to and i forget the names of the other two lovely people i met
Annie, it was a pleasure to enjoy the experience with you...always great to be surrounded by fellow fans. We'll always have Famous Blue Raincoat :-)

Here's hoping for a return to our side of the pond in 2010.

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, CinCin. You're welcome ~ of course. There were ways you expressed things that were just awesome. This one blew me away:
He is so close I can see the bend of his leg, the outline of his knee cap, the arch of muscle and sinew; the reality of flesh hidden yet visible, the tangle of matter and ghost.
:shock: 8) :D :shock: 8) :D ... not sure which of those reactions ought to dominate in response to reading that. They seemed to occur in equal measure.

One of those "G~d, I wish I had written that!"

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

I felt like a teenage girl transported back to the days of Leonard Cohen with his “army band.” Right there in front me Leonard’s 75 year old body transformed into a youthful, strangely handsome figure. When he spoke the first word, I was hooked, he had melted me down to putty in his hands for the rest of the night. I often times found myself swooning at his step (which all can hear thanks to Arlene's videos! ;) I'm the giddy one in the background of most of her footage) or blushing when he glanced in my direction. I looked down the row of seats and was surrounded by friends. Even strangers I had never met suddenly turned into cousins as we were all connected by this energy in the air. There were men with their chins in their hands, bobbing their heads and tapping their feet and women, gasping, cheering and begging Leonard for more.

I felt like I was watching him perform for the Grand Ol’ Opry, perhaps after June Carter in the 1970’s. This atmosphere was set with the crowd’s feet stompin’, hand clappin’, and even yeehawin’. I have no details of song lists, just of my personal feelings of being there. Everything I could have asked for, but so different than what I expected. The Detroit show (my only other live experience) was romantic, beautiful and almost quiet in comparison. This in its own rite was a perfect experience for my “first time with Leonard.” But Nashville was gritty, rowdy and wonderfully noisy a perfect chance to see a different side of the music. So thank you, everyone who was there in the audience that night. The 3 hours slipped by and before I knew it I felt like Cinderella having to leave the ball, I wasn’t ready but my time was up.

I have so many pictures to post of the beautiful face I met in Nashville (almost 200 pictures I have to get through). I wanted to leave you all with at least a few pictures from the meetup and such…I don't really know if this will work but

I'm not very good with flickr.com yet but I have about 5 (ha I know) pictures up now...Also you can see that we found Leonard's horse (or possibly the great-great-grand pony of it? ha)

I will be adding more within the next week:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/luckynumbernothing/

(if anyone one wants some hard copies, digital full size copies or just a goo-goo cluster let me know...PM or email me I'd be glad to get 'em to you :lol: )
Last edited by MusicCityGypsy on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Right there in front me Leonard’s 75 year old body transformed into a youthful, strangely handsome figure.
Exactly! Loved, beloved, always loved by women... and men.

Wonderful report, Cara... 8) Ha... sounds like I missed something major with the difference in ambience... just to experience it as being different. Your description sure makes it sound that way. I love the "yeehaw" aspect of it :lol: .

Great photos. Hope they'll end up labeled with names. I recognize some there, but not all... and would love to know who the rest are. Love the poster "Leonard Cohen back in Nashville" ~ just all those implications that go with it :D . The celebration of his return.

More photos!

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Yep, that was Cara in my videos that you heard whooping and cheering and generally going happily nuts enjoying herself.

I am still processing my early entry pictures, but here is one to start.
Nashville early tattoo.JPG
This happy lady with the brilliant smile and partially uncovering her Famous Blue Raincoat, is one of ours, a Forum poster.

As you can see, Nashville was indeed a very special concert, including early entry. YeeHaw

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Annie ~

I was moved by your account... to imagine being at one of Leonard's concerts during the time of my own, heart-wrenching divorce, is to imagine experiencing the only feeling of healing I might have found during that time [and I didn't have to deal with the loss of a father and family unit with two children]. Soul lifting is what you need most during such a loss. I'm glad you were able to find that amongst developing friends in Nashville... and from the front row 8) . Thank you for sharing that painful slice of your reality with us.

Perhaps, you'll share a photo of your Leonard rugs and pillows?

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

HI ALL

"DARKNESS "

Could somebody quote the full text here ? I would like well to understand.
I thank

:D
jeremek
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

jeremek wrote:HI ALL

"DARKNESS "

Could somebody quote the full text here ? I would like well to understand.
This is the thread discussing the new song.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19863

silverbar

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Nashville TPAC, Nov 5

Post by silverbar »

bridger15 wrote:
silverbar wrote:Hi all,

I was at the concert in Nashville last night (along with Arlene and Dick Straub and Ken and Cara (MusicCityGypsy) and everyone - big 'Thank You" to Cara for organizing our meet-up on Wednesday night.) It was a truly great show - I think Arlene's report sums it up very well.

A few of us went to Hatch Show Prints early this morning and were able to get posters. There were only 12 available and we were only allowed to buy one each, unfortunately. Similar posters were at the Durham show, but with a different lyric from 'Hallelujah' at the top. Keep your eyes out for them at upcoming shows - the rumor is they are printing more, with different 'Hallelujah' lyrics for each venue, for upcoming shows. The Hatch staff would neither confirm or deny! I thought you would like to see what they look like:
Lucky you, Christian. What a great treasure to have an LC poster by the historic Hatch Print Shop!
Thanks for posting a picture of it.
I'm sorry I couldn't get you one, Arlene. They were very insistent on the "one per person" rule.
Chicago 2009 : Nashville 2009 : Louisville 2013
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Cool tattoo and great smile... wasn't her photo for the mosaic taken outdoors?

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Here is a slideshow with some pictures outside the TPAC and some from the Forum Fans early entry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf9_sRIYrGk

Sorry, but I wasn't able to get everybody's names. Enjoy!

---Arlene

annieemiller23

Post by annieemiller23 »

lizzy thanks so much i can honestly say it was not painful it felt almost like a death a rebirth all that warmth and gratitude and appreciation for raw beauty really put me on another plane it is helping me deal in a whole other way i am a romantic to the core and easily love without pride i am proud to call myself a fan and so happy to have been surrounded by others i went to the dallas show and the energy there was awful everyone took picures the whole time was drunk and nashville was everything i hoped and more my mom flew down from wisconsin to see the show and it was the best night of her life all i can say to all of you is THANK YOU and yes i will TRY to post some pics much luv annie
bridger15

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Nashville TPAC, Nov 5

Post by bridger15 »

silverbar wrote:
bridger15 wrote:
silverbar wrote:Hi all,

I was at the concert in Nashville last night (along with Arlene and Dick Straub and Ken and Cara (MusicCityGypsy) and everyone - big 'Thank You" to Cara for organizing our meet-up on Wednesday night.) It was a truly great show - I think Arlene's report sums it up very well.

A few of us went to Hatch Show Prints early this morning and were able to get posters. There were only 12 available and we were only allowed to buy one each, unfortunately. Similar posters were at the Durham show, but with a different lyric from 'Hallelujah' at the top. Keep your eyes out for them at upcoming shows - the rumor is they are printing more, with different 'Hallelujah' lyrics for each venue, for upcoming shows. The Hatch staff would neither confirm or deny! I thought you would like to see what they look like:
Lucky you, Christian. What a great treasure to have an LC poster by the historic Hatch Print Shop!
Thanks for posting a picture of it.
I'm sorry I couldn't get you one, Arlene. They were very insistent on the "one per person" rule.
Thanks for trying. Christan. You are a man of your word. If it is okay with you, I would like to use a screen capture of yours that you posted earler.

---Arlene

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”