CONCERT REPORT: Chicago, October 29

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sue7

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Chicago, October 29

Post by sue7 »

sturgess66 wrote:Sue - YouTube has been doing that to me A LOT lately - showing an error code. Sometimes if you just refresh, it will then work. I "googled" the problem and got lots of results - and apparently this happens frequently when YouTube is "doing stuff" - so I hope it goes away soon. Good interview (there are 3 videos).
Linda, I kept getting the error message: tried it again a number of times today, cleared my cache, etc.
So I sent a message to the person who posted it up, and he very kindly uploaded it again. Here is the new link for part 2 of the Montreal interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30u_L99IOLU

Sue
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy »

and/or

Post by and/or »

Can anyone tell me if in The Future LC changed the lyric "anal sex" to "killer sex" in all of the concerts, some of the concerts, or just for the Chicago concert? Was it his choice, was there pressure from the venue? Maybe he thought us midwesterners couldn't handle saucy language? I was disappointed in that change.
amcgee

Post by amcgee »

Regarding

Can anyone tell me if in The Future LC changed the lyric "anal sex" to "killer sex" in all of the concerts, some of the concerts, or just for the Chicago concert? Was it his choice, was there pressure from the venue? Maybe he thought us midwesterners couldn't handle saucy language? I was disappointed in that change.

I saw him twice in Dublin over the last two years and i always though he changed it to Careless Sex,

he certainly didn't use anal. and for good reasons too
amcgee
and/or

Post by and/or »

It sounded like he garbled that line a little, so it could have been "careless," you may be right. When you say he didn't use "anal" and "for good reason too," what is the good reason? Political pressure? Or it's just a "bad" word? I don't like any kind of censureship.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

Fabulous videos, as always, from Al. Two things I noticed on In My Secret Life: he holds the "wisdom of oooooooold" note extremely long. I counted a full 5 seconds! Anyone who says he can't sing should see/hear that.
Also, he looks up and gestures to the audience when he says "crowded" (crowded and cold).
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by DrHGuy »

Post by and/or » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 am
This has been at issue throughout the World Tour. As far as I know, during this Tour, the original "crack and anal sex" lyrics have not been used, but the changes in lyrics for certain venues and situations substitutions began very soon after the song was released. I posted on the historical sequence at http://1heckofaguy.com/2009/02/13/what- ... he-future/
and/or

Post by and/or »

Thanks very much Dr. H. I have to say, though, regarding your theory about the change, "careless" sounds like a concessionary change rather than a poetic one. I mean, come on, anal sex in context in the song is much wittier than careless sex.

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”