Chicago Meet-up

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Joe Way

Chicago Meet-up

Post by Joe Way »

Hi friends,

Anne & I, Brickinthewall (Steve & Ann) and hopefully, IrishMar & IrishAl will be meeting up somewhere near the Rosemont Theater before the concert on Oct. 29th. Some of us are staying at the Crowne Plaza which is right next door to the Rosemont Theater. They have a bar/restaurant but we wonder if there is someplace else close that might be a good place to gather before the concert. Our daughters and husbands are joining us and all have to work that day so will be pressed for time-so no place too far away would work for us.

We're hoping others will join us! Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks and hoping to meet you soon.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
trish

Re: Chicago Meet-up

Post by trish »

Wish I could go! Have a great time you guys :) We had a great meetup in Dublin last night.

Saw you are going to Nashville too Joe - lucky you! Am so envious....
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

Hi Joe and Anne and Ann and Steve: Wish I could make it up to Chicago again to see Leonard and all of you, but just not possible with work and all. However, I am driving up to Tampa tomorrow night with a friend and driving back to Fort Myers the same night. I've done it before...it's only a 2 hr. trip. I'll be thinking of you and how much fun Chicago was last year. Party on!

Alice aka wondercookie
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi Trish & Alice!
You both bring back immediate warm memories of concerts past-Chicago & Barcelona-wish you could both join us. Alice, have a great time in Tampa! We'll be thinking of you and Trish , we were with you in spirit last night in Dublin. I tried to post a pic of us taken at the Ha' Penny bridge on our brief stopover in Dublin on our way to Liverpool, Wales & Barcelona, but I'm such a slug when it comes to these things-still learning.

All good things,

Joe & Anne
trish

Post by trish »

Would love to see that photo Joe! I bet it's lovely.. It was great to see you and Anne. Hopefully see you both again soon at a future gig or when I'm over visiting! Enjoy Chicago and Nashville. Haven't posted a photo on the forum yet myself, so I'm with you on that one! Enjoy the meetup - you'll all have a great time.

:) Trish
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

Joe, Anne and Trish: Still recovering from the 4 hours sleep I got last night between getting home from LC in Tampa and going to work this morning. The Tampa concert was fabulous. My friend and I had front row balcony seats, and in a 2500 seat venue, we had an amazing view. It looked to be sold out. All of our seatmates were awestruck by the concert. He seemed very relaxed and right at home, and I re-enjoyed every song. My friend is a professional musician. She was impressed, moved and very happy that Leonard came to Florida and that we drove 240 miles round trip to hear his "golden voice". If I had the time and money, I'd be in Chicago again as well.
Joe and Anne, have a great time, give a hug to Steve and Ann from me. I'll be there in spirit.....
Trish...hope to meet you sometime.
Alice in Florida.
A Brick in the Wall

Post by A Brick in the Wall »

wondercookie wrote:Joe, Anne and Trish: Still recovering from the 4 hours sleep I got last night between getting home from LC in Tampa and going to work this morning. The Tampa concert was fabulous. My friend and I had front row balcony seats, and in a 2500 seat venue, we had an amazing view. It looked to be sold out. All of our seatmates were awestruck by the concert. He seemed very relaxed and right at home, and I re-enjoyed every song. My friend is a professional musician. She was impressed, moved and very happy that Leonard came to Florida and that we drove 240 miles round trip to hear his "golden voice". If I had the time and money, I'd be in Chicago again as well.
Joe and Anne, have a great time, give a hug to Steve and Ann from me. I'll be there in spirit.....
Trish...hope to meet you sometime.
Alice in Florida.

It is -- after all -- only money -- & I understand you can still get tickets ----

Steve
Chicago May 5 & 6 - Chicago Oct. 29 - 2009
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

Tempting!!!!...tempting!!!
A Brick in the Wall

wondercookie wrote:Tempting!!!!...tempting!!!

I checked -- seats in the front sections are still on sale --- we're staying at the Crowne Plaza -- not too expensive -- Joe & Anne are staying there too. We'll make a spot at the table for you.

:lol:
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

Oh Steve...you're making it tough to say no, but my boss has the final word and no way can I get more time off work right now. If he was playing on a weekend, then I would have no excuse...but I like getting a regular paycheck that allows me to pay my bills AND go to concerts, so I'll have to resist this one. Drink a Smithwicks or Guiness for me though....
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hey Alice,
We will miss you! I've had a couple of complications and I will know more after tomorrow. I would suggest that we meet at the bar at the Crowne Plaza as it is right next to the theater, but still open to suggestions.

Joe
A Brick in the Wall

Joe Way wrote:Hey Alice,
We will miss you! I've had a couple of complications and I will know more after tomorrow. I would suggest that we meet at the bar at the Crowne Plaza as it is right next to the theater, but still open to suggestions.

Joe

That will be fine with us --- we'll call you when we get to the hotel -- I think I have your number on my phone -- I'll get it again if I don't.

Steve
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi Steve,

That's a plan now. The little bump in the road that I was fearing was removed so Anne & I will be there sometime in the afternoon. Let's plan on meeting by 5 PM in the bar if we don't meet sooner. If IrishMar & IrishAl and kids are able to join us that would be great. I'll PM Marie my cell number. Our kids will join us as soon as feasible. Hopefully Alice wins the lottery in the meantime and can join us also.

Anyone else who is interested is very welcome! These are not formal occasions. From what I can gather, the Crowne Plaza is the closest venue to the Rosemont Theater.

Joe
A Brick in the Wall

Joe Way wrote:Hi Steve,

That's a plan now. The little bump in the road that I was fearing was removed so Anne & I will be there sometime in the afternoon. Let's plan on meeting by 5 PM in the bar if we don't meet sooner. If IrishMar & IrishAl and kids are able to join us that would be great. I'll PM Marie my cell number. Our kids will join us as soon as feasible. Hopefully Alice wins the lottery in the meantime and can join us also.

Anyone else who is interested is very welcome! These are not formal occasions. From what I can gather, the Crowne Plaza is the closest venue to the Rosemont Theater.

Joe

Sounds great -- we should get to the hotel before then -- we haven't decided if we're coming in early in the day or later in the afternoon ---

Steve & Ann
A Brick in the Wall

Joe Way wrote:Hi Steve,

Joe
I / we expect to get into the city @ 3 - 4 PM.

I'll call you when we get settled into our room.

Steve & Ann

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”