Nashville Meetup!

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
trish

Re: Nashville Meetup!

Post by trish »

Wow, looks like you all had a fab time. I really enjoyed that slideshow Arlene! And the accompanying music! Well done, I would say the venue was amazing...
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

While transferring image files from my laptop to an external drive to make room for 2010-11 concert pictures and videos :D , I found some unprocessed files from the "night before" the Nashville concert.

As posted earlier in this thread:
Thanks to Cara (MusicCityGypsy) for organizing a great dinner meet-up. She topped off the evening by taking us to Honky Tonk Row for a rousing good time. It was quite a fun "night before".
The Honky Tonk bar was "Robert's Western World". We were lucky that one of their most popular acts was there that night, HARRY FONTANA. He was so enjoyable to watch, he was very friendly with us, he was absolutely delightful, and he is FINNISH.
Harry Fontana, a native of Helsinki, Finland, started his musical career at 7 years old. Inspired by the James Dean Movie "Rebel Without a Cause", he formed his first professional band, The Thunderbirds, at 13. His second band, formed at age 15, The Billyboy Rockers appeared at public and private venues around Helsinki until 1989 when Harry signed his first recording contract with K-Tel International and formed his new band, The Blast to the Past...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STlqrF0luFQ
Harry Fontana, Aaron, Cara .JPG
Harry Fontana, Aaron, Cara .JPG (49.94 KiB) Viewed 10683 times
Linda, DIck Straub,Ken(adian), Tony, Anne Way.JPG
Linda, DIck Straub,Ken(adian), Tony, Anne Way.JPG (28.93 KiB) Viewed 10683 times
Harry Fontana, Arlene
Harry Fontana, Arlene
Last edited by bridger15 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Arlene,

These photos are totally delightful, especially at a time with much brouhaha elsewhere on this forum. Thank you for this pleasant diversion!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”