Nashville Meetup!

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Kenadian

Re: Nashville Meetup!

Post by Kenadian »

MusicCityGypsy wrote: dinner @ 7 or 7:30 the night before the show Nov 3rd or is that too late? Demo's is a walk down hill but is down by "broadway"
The dinner is on Tuesday not Wednesday? Or did you mean the 4th?

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
holydove

Post by holydove »

We will plan to be there at Demo's on Nov. 4, between 7:00 - 7:30 (I assume you meant Wed. 11/4). Thank you again for organizing.
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

sorry, I have a midterm EXAM :cry: on the 3rd it's the only date I can think of right now ha

The dinner meetup will be the day before! I just picked Demo's because it's fairly cheap/good food/good location but if anyone has any other ideas...we can really go anywhere!

just a few other places that people might like in case demo's doesn't work out. (these 2 are across the street)

The Wildhorse Saloon

The Old Spaghetti Factory

see ya on the 4th (or 5th!) how did it get here so soon?
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

Great
Hope to meet you all in Demo's on Weds.

Thanks

Tony.
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
lionking

Post by lionking »

Hi,
This is Anna coming from Toronto (LionKing) I would still like to get in on the meetup for Wednesday night please. My cell is 416-716-8606, and my email is anna_waves@hotmail.com, could you please email me your number and the time/adress. Thanks!!!
dick

Post by dick »

Linda and I plan to be at Demo's tomorrow night.
Thanks
Dick
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

I think we are at 10 people for the pre-pre-meetup on the 4th (that's the right date right?) sounds fun, excited to meet you all.

I think if most people show up around 7:30 the table will be ready, I'll try to make a round of the hotels to pick people up if it's too far away/it's rainy Nashville is not very walker friendly but I thought it'd be nice to get out and see "the town"

please call me if you don't have a car/think it's too far from where you are staying (I have 3 seats in the backseat)

615-429-7790 (honestly, if you need a ride or anything please feel free to call me...i'll try my best to get everyone there I live near West End Ave and have to swoop down that way anyway.)

Here's the address for Demo's 300 Commerce St, Nashville, TN‎ - (615) 256-4655‎ (if you go to google map or mapquest or ask front desk the will be able to point you in the right direction, some hotels have free shuttles to this area)

it's in-between most of the hotels and lower broad (honky tonks) and is attached to a parking lot above it if you're willing to pay.

will anyone be wearing a cowboy hat? I just realized I don't even have one! I'll try to make it easy to tell where we are see YOU ALL tomorrow? and LEONARD the day after! EEK.
Attachments
"A" is Demo's
"A" is Demo's
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

Hi Cara

Thanks agin for organising this. I've had a chance to explore Nashville already, and Demo's looks like a great choice.
AND..........the weather is is lovely also. :D

Tony.
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
Kenadian

Post by Kenadian »

Well, I am kinda in for this Demo thing. But I'd say after we go to...

The Bluebird Cafe
http://www.ticketsnashville.com/WebSale ... ntID=19927

or even better...
Junior Brown at the Station Inn
http://www.stationinn.com/pgcalthis.html
http://juniorbrown.com/biography.php

Either one would be a great Nashville experience.

I am arriving in Nashville around 10am and heading to the Hilton. Text 519-580-9654 to hook up earlier if you are so inclined.

Cheers,
Ken(adian)

P.S. Thanks Cara!
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

I totally agree that Station Inn and Bluebird are staples of Nashville...they are NOT within walking distants of most people's hotels but a taxi or rental car can fix that! :)

I will be headed to http://www.robertswesternworld.com/ most likely after the Cohen show...it's my favorite "Honky Tonk" down in that area...another good thing about the lower broad honky tonks, they're free to get in and there are 4 or 5 in one area!

I've always wanted to get all dressed up and have 2 places to go.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Unfortunately we're not getting there until Thursday afternoon - are there still plans to get together before the show on Thursday evening? And we'd love to hang out afterwards wherever anyone's going - Honky Tonk sounds good! :D

Joy and Mark
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
CinCin

Post by CinCin »

I don't get in until Thursday afternoon, either, so I'm hoping someone will want to hang out after the concert, and perhaps before the early admission . . . I'm getting so excited!
From bitter searching of the heart, we rise to play a greater part. Frank Scott (Although I would never have heard it if it weren't for Leonard Cohen).

Phoenix, April 2009; Nashville, Nov. 5, 2009; San Jose, Nov. 13, 2009.
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

I hope people show up to TPAC early for a preshow meetup, I'm going to bring a balloon to put on a table, they don't have a fedora balloon so I'll look for a heart or star balloon...i'm pretty sure i'll be the only one @ TPAC with one so shouldn't be hard to locate...has anyone done one of these meetup things, do we REALLY need name tags? I've been so busy i've not be able to make them...would they be useful? I could get the sticker ones tomorrow if they are useful.

The box office opens to EVERYONE @ 6:30 but the box office is open tomorrow and Thursday 10 am - 5pm if you would want to pickup tickets early (don't think there will be a line or anything too stressful day of show...TPAC is using a new ticket system and gave me my presale tickets weeks ago I dunno)

I could meet as early as 6 day of show (WHATEVER DAY THAT IS! ha) You all are gonna be sick of seeing my face this week.

Speaking of those with cars in the last post...If you have a car I also suggest taking the short drive out to the loveless cafe for breakfast http://www.lovelesscafe.com/ It's a nice drive, a local tradition but kind of long and in the middle of nowhere. Also down West End Ave. is the Parthenon and is also a neat little trip (even if not going inside, centennial park is very nice to walk around)
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi Cara,
Thanks so much for all of your advice. We leave this morning and will plan to see everyone at Demo's tonight. There will be 5 of us coming from Wisconsin.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
lookatmeleonard

Post by lookatmeleonard »

Does anyone know which hotel Leonard is staying in?

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”