Meet Up in New York

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
wittykat

Meet Up in New York

Post by wittykat »

Is there a meet up going on in New York?

If not, send me a private message if you're interested in attending one, and if there's enough interest, we'll get one set up.
ladydi

Re: Meet Up in New York

Post by ladydi »

Hi wittykat,

Will you also be going to the Chelsea Hotel on the afternoon of the 23rd? A number of us will be heading from there to the MSG area after the reception but not sure what time it will be. Would be fun to meet up with others before the concert. I'll pm you.

Diana
wittykat

Post by wittykat »

Oh! I didn't know about that -- when? where's the thread for that? I'm till trying to get tickets, btw. But just the cheap seats.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

I'm at work right now and my computer doesn't let me pick up the link; however, go to the main Forum page. Click on the thread "Leonard Cohen 75 years" and then click on the subtitle "Chelsea Hotel Plaque". I'm not sure if it may be too late to register or not but at 2:00 pm on the 23rd there will be a special ceremony installing a plaque dedicated to Leonard outside the hotel, followed by a reception in the hotel. If you are interested in attending you might want to check with either Sue7 or Dick.

Good luck with the concert ticket!

Diana
dick

Post by dick »

Unfortunately, the Chelsea advised today that the Plaque Ceremony is filled to maximum. Posted that notice in the plaque thread earlier today.

Chelsea proceedings scheduled to end by 3:30 or so, so there is time for another meet-up closer to the Garden, if that's what everyone wants.

Sorry, but I feel I am too busy to plan another happening.

Jarkko has suggested that there will be early entrance to merchandise and refreshment stands, and possible meeting with band members, available to Forum members. Early arrival is advisable for will call seats, and this will also provide time to socialize. Hopefully all will take advantage of that opportunity.

Dick
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Dick,

Don't even worry about it! We will all get together at the Chelsea, and if enroute to MSG we are sidetracked to a fabulous restaurant or bar, then so be it! You most certainly have contributed to this wonderful day and I know we are all looking forward to the special moments! Thank you so very much for everything!

Diana
maltmom

Post by maltmom »

I'm counting the days! Going alone and know there will be plenty of fans to meet up with for dinner/drinks at ceremony and afterwards. Glad I got my presale ticket the day they went on sale. Can't wait to meet the band and thank Dick for all the hard work he did on the plaque. Just sorry I didn't get Philadelphia too. Lorraine
NYC-MSG – 2012, Las Vegas -2010, MSG - 2009, Philadelphia - 2009, Philadelphia – 1993, Philadelphia – 1988, Philadelphia – 1985, Philadelphia-Main Point - 1975
trish

Post by trish »

ladydi wrote:Hi Dick,

Don't even worry about it! We will all get together at the Chelsea, and if enroute to MSG we are sidetracked to a fabulous restaurant or bar, then so be it!
It's up to you, New York, New York..... Sorry - couldn't resist :lol:

Yes let's go with the flow. Dick thanks so much for everything, it will be a fabulous event and we are so looking forward to it!

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”