San Jose

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mnkyface

San Jose

Postby mnkyface » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:17 am

Totally stressed about the pre-sale. Anyone else?? I even took off work Thurs morning. :roll: :lol: A few times a day it hits me that the pre-sale is Thurs, and then I get this crazy irrational fear that I will forget all about it. (Not going to happen- but I get these compulsive thoughts anyway!)
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Re: San Jose

Postby ladydi » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:57 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trust me, Esther...you will NOT forget about the presale...

So far I'm relatively calm, unlike last week preceding the LV presale. However, come Thursday, I think I will be driving my work colleagues completely around the bend once again! This time though, I'm out only for one ticket...ME. And I will try my best for as close as I can get...front row if possible, a little to the right....so I have a nice view of Leonard, Roscoe, Dino, Raf...sigh. I love everyone else, but these are "my" guys! Good luck Esther and looking forward to meeting you in San Jose...perhaps with polka dots!

Diana
Mollydog

Postby Mollydog » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:38 am

The panic is starting to set in. Today we had a major network outage at work. No e-mail, no internet connection, etc. I kept thinking, what if it happens again on Thursday. I'm seriously thinking of having a 24 hour flu bug! :D :D

I am really hoping for front row too, Diana. In Kingston and the second night in Ottawa I was sitting right at Javier's feet with a wonderful view of Leonard. I'm SO looking forward to San Jose but also dreading it at the same time. I think we will all feel a little lost once the last concert is over. However, I refuse to dwell on that now as there is so much fun to be had. :lol:

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
mutti

Postby mutti » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:46 am

Oh Dear...I am also getting nervous...Mollydog I hope the power doesn't go out for any of us...
just make a back up plan if it does...I will run next door to my neighbour who has a huge generator that kicks in automatically.
I too want really close seats..have never done that before...Oh My! I am thinking this is going to be a sold out concert..
but in reality Does anyone know how many people there are that are active on the forum
and therefore will be buying tickets - and then for this concert...of course no one knows...
My goal is to get 2 tickets as close as possible to the front.. so at least if the concert sells out we have them
and then if they aren't that good try to get closer later...
I am going on and on...sorry...mind chatter is hyping up.
Oh what if we all wake up and forget!!!!!!!!!!!
we won't...Leslie
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:48 am

I was doing just fine until getting on the forum, reading what you all said, now I'm so nervous, you'd think tickets were going up for sale any second! The heart is racing, hands sweating, - what the heck is going to happen when the actual sale begins :roll: ? Need to go on a different topic to calm down.....
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
mutti

Postby mutti » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:50 pm

I wish there was a way we could buy tickets to sit together or close by each other...
Do you know a way?
Ok lets us breathe and maybe tomorrow morning send everyone
a blessing with Leonard in mind and the way he does the one at the end of the concert...
just telling us to be calm
and know that the right tickets will appear (eventually) (after lots of tries)
for us...
sigh...
does that help?
only for a moment..then the panic slips back in..
I wish us all good luck and for great seats..
Leslie
only 29 hours more to wait.. :D
1988 Vancouver
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:52 pm

Now I'm getting nervous! Signed in to Ticketmaster and check out the HP seat chart. Decided I want up front in either Section 2 or 1 which are the floor sections.....but they have no indicator of what the seat numbers would be. So, googled "seat chart for HP Pavilion SJ". Came up with Coast to Coast...their seat chart indicates a center stage, surrounded by seats, and throws off the whole section arrangement! :roll: Probably no cause for alarm....but now I have that sinking feeling in my stomach! Do we trust the TM ( :lol: ) seat chart? And there are still 29 hours to go..... :?

Diana
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Mutti...how funny is that! We both posted at the same time and both ended up with the 29 hours to go! Talk about great minds thinking alike :D :D We will all just have to hang in here together...
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:17 pm

AEG just informed me that they have decided to extend the presale in San Jose to Sunday, August 9th at 5pm,
to give members more time to get the tickets!

The fourth and last pre-sale begins tomorrow (Aug 6) at 10 am. San Jose is one of the cities in that presale.

In spite of this extended presale, it will be best to reserve tix to San Jose as early as possible. After all, it is
the very last concert of the World Tour 2008-2009!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Jarkko, that's wonderful news! It might be a moot point though, as probably 5,000 forum members will be jamming Ticketmaster at exactly 10am PDT tomorrow! ;-)

ps..you did it again Jarkko..."last concert of the World Tour 2008-2009". And here I thought I might have a chance to pay off my credit cards.... Oh well, it's only money! If there was even the remotest possibility to see Leonard again, as in 2010 or 2011, who cares about money!
mutti

Postby mutti » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:45 pm

Thanks for the post Jarkko!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leslie
1988 Vancouver
mnkyface

Postby mnkyface » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:53 pm

ladydi wrote:Now I'm getting nervous! Signed in to Ticketmaster and check out the HP seat chart. Decided I want up front in either Section 2 or 1 which are the floor sections.....but they have no indicator of what the seat numbers would be. So, googled "seat chart for HP Pavilion SJ". Came up with Coast to Coast...their seat chart indicates a center stage, surrounded by seats, and throws off the whole section arrangement! :roll: Probably no cause for alarm....but now I have that sinking feeling in my stomach! Do we trust the TM ( :lol: ) seat chart? And there are still 29 hours to go..... :?

Diana
I was on a similar google hunt last night Diana!
I found this one, which seems to break the lower floor into more sections- perhaps the seats would be named "lower floor" 1,2, or 3 and "upper floor" 1,2,or 3. Even the very edge of 0 would be ok I think. http://images.razorgator.com/venuemap.a ... d=1&size=s
I think the greyed out, numbered seats behind the stage become real seats when the concert is in the center, "in the round", usually for shows like Britney Spears , Madonna etc those shows are set up to be in the center of the audience. Not our LC...but perhaps during the 2010-2011 Tour they will have this configuration. :lol: :lol: Leonard can skip all around the circumference of the stage.

Also found this
http://gallery.knoxxlifestyle.com/album ... QSEMBY.jpg
Not the most clear picture but it shows the floor section, and security guards in yellow shirts standing in front of stage, facing the audience. The stage at HP is pretty far from even the front row, unfortunately. I remember this configuration from the Paul McCartney show there a few years back. Of course, maybe LC and Co would opt not to have that partition and/or that many guards. I guess we'll find out!
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Postby brightnow » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Well, "my" pre-sale started this morning and the stress is over for me. Here are a few tips for you guys:

1. This morning the password posted and Ticketmaster sales opened at EXACTLY 10:00am, down to the second (yeah, I was refreshing feverishly)
2. I tried to use my Visa card but was prompted for "Verified by Visa". I know from what I read on the forum that the verification process caused some to lose their tickets, so I just used my Mastercard instead. My advice: forget Visa, use a Masterdard or Amex if you have them.
3. The pre-sale seems to have more tickets available at all price levels and "best available" seems to work (unlike the Spring leg of the tour)

Good luck to all of you, I will be with you in San Jose, but only in spirit...

Avi
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:58 pm

ladydi wrote: ps..you did it again Jarkko..."last concert of the World Tour 2008-2009". And here I thought I might have a chance to pay off my credit cards.... !
Exactly what I thought Diana but I did not dare voice it. There again, we were only ever offered a "World Tour 2008-9" which I guess is what closes on November 13.

After that, who knows? Maybe Leonard, band & the whole entourage will have enjoyed it so much that they will take some time out, perhaps record an album then decide they want to get back out on the road again in 2011?

Part of me wants my life back; part of me will be aching for another tour to be announced.

Wendy
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:45 am

Hi Wendy,

Me too! I guess we will just simply have to wait...and be patient! I know Leonard will be working on a new album. Perhaps after that, if not a full concert tour, maybe select concerts in select cities. A reunion with the highly talented band and singers we have now. Perhaps with Anjani? Who knows, but I think it still holds an element of excitement for all of us!

Esther,

I am going to go with the TM seat chart (hah..trusting TM) but sure wish we could have some idea of seat numbers. Still hoping for front row, slightly to the right...so I can see all "my" guys! But, at this point I'll take whatever my fast fingers will grab tomorrow morning! Or perhaps I will go nuts and purchase one of those super VIP seats for $2000. in Row 45 and get a key chain! :roll:

Most importantly...I hope we all score great seats...and I hope we can somehow be all together...or close...ya know what I mean ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Diana

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”