Warning: the scalpers are already selling tickets

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Warning: the scalpers are already selling tickets

Post by jarkko »

It's time for another warning: the scalper websites are already advertising tickets to Leonard's concerts in US,
here is an example (thanks Arlene!): http://tickets.gruvr.com/?concert=Leona ... -Oct-27-09

We again warn you not to fall for these swindles! The tickets are NOT on sale yet. Our pre-sale to every
Fall venue is always the very first sale. The scalpers are selling over-priced tickets that they don't have!
They just hope to buy tickets when those go on public sale, and deliver those to their clients. This way
they make huge profits (their prices might be 2 or 3 times the face value). Some scalper websites don't
give you any tickets at all, but keep your money!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jesspurling

Re: Warning: the scalpers are already selling tickets

Post by jesspurling »

Thank you for posting the warning.....i just found a scalper site and was shocked to see the prices starting at 334.00! :shock:
Kind regards,
Jess
rosered51

Post by rosered51 »

I am a bit confused about how this works. I have not received an email about when tickets will go on sale. It sounds as if I am supposed to come here to buy tickets -- is that correct? My email account is so screwed up, it's possible you are sending emails, and I'm just not getting them. Anyway, I'll just keep checking back here.

Sharon

***We are not sending any emails. The pre-sale info appears on this Forum. You will get links to the official sellers, like Ticketmaster, to get your pre-sale tickets. / Jarkko ***
rmurdoch

Post by rmurdoch »

I'm going to sound like an idiot and I realize there is a big time difference between you and the U.S.

I see that something called Paciolan is listed as the "official" ticket seller for Cleveland, Ohio in the United States. I went to their site and it looks like some bizarre division of Ticketmaster and looks like maybe you have to register with them in some way.

Has the presale link for Cleveland, Ohio been posted yet? I really want to get great seats this time around. My wife and I saw him in Toronto last summer and it was truly amazing.

Thank you.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Go to the topic 'PreSales to US concerts' topic and then 'Ticket links and password'.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
rmurdoch

Post by rmurdoch »

MaryB: thanks, it was a bit confusing at first but I eventually found the code and it worked.

Jarkko: We're probably never going to meet but I just wanted to thank you so much for the work you do on this site. I discovered it many, many years ago. Long before I even thought there was a hope that the man would come down from Mt. Baldy and sing on stage again. But, thanks to all your efforts and presale information, we were able to see him sing in Toronto last year and we're going to see him in my hometown of Cleveland this autumn. I got the code, I went to the link and I was able to obtain front row tickets, center for the Cleveland show. Amazing. Oh, it cost me but the Toronto show was the show of a lifetime and I wasn't anywhere near the stage for that one. This should be out-of-this-world. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate all the effort you put into this terrific website. You are the best.
rosered51

Post by rosered51 »

Well, it appears I am already too late for MSG show. Have checked every day for pre-sale. Cannot find links on this site. Searched Ticketmaster -- no link. Disappointed is an understatement.

Sharon
rosered51

Post by rosered51 »

Thank you jarkko. Found the info. Good tickets still available, and not at ridiculous prices.
da2008

Post by da2008 »

rosered51 wrote:Well, it appears I am already too late for MSG show. Have checked every day for pre-sale. Cannot find links on this site. Searched Ticketmaster -- no link. Disappointed is an understatement.

Sharon

??? http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1D0042 ... norcatid=1

lots of tickets still available...

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”