The Monkey and a plywood violin

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
redstudio

Re: The Monkey and a plywood violin

Post by redstudio »

Now I'm going to have to join the support group for forum addicts. The Monkey travelogue is way too funny! Looking forward to seeing you in Boston. Pam
Halifax May 15, 2008 / New York February 19, 2009 / Boston May 29, 2009/ Columbus October 27, 2009
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

It's good to see he's staying healthy, keeping hydrated... showing off his bottle that's near as tall as he is ;-) . Plenty of fresh, pure water, Fred... this schedule is rigorous, but you'll be fine.

I wonder if anyone in that crowd will end up checking the Forum and finding a photo of themselves.

Yes, I too, hope Fred [how did I miss that name assignment?] shows up in Detroit. He's definitely got a thing going on with all of us.

It just seems to me that it's Dino's hand... though I guess that's as much a hope as anything. Still it's a masculine hand, not given to the wear of manual labour... but still strong and not unlike the look of a musician's hand. And that link definitely looks like something he'd wear. I wonder if Kitty Carlisle will get her way and the REAL monkey propper will stand up at the end of the tour.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

This thread is lovely! The Monkey's tour reminds me so much of the journeys of the gnome in Amelie (one of my all time favourite films).
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
The Monkey

Post by The Monkey »

It was a good night for Vancouver, the Canucks did not suffer death by the blues and Leonard Cohen came to town. I'm a little disappointed in you people, take another look at the first post from Coachella ... you missed something. Tonight Victoria!

The Monkey
Attachments
Monkey Vancouver.jpg
Monkey Vancouver.jpg (71.48 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Hi M.

I'm so pleased so see you're a hockey fan! I looked and looked for you in Vancouver, especially during your song. I guess you were watching from the wings...

I'll look out for you tonight; hope you don't have sunstroke from this beautiful balmy day here in sunny Victoria.

XO
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Three to two...Vancouver beat St. Lou!! Well, my little monkey Fred, you are taking an interest in Canada's national sport! That's hockey...not beer drinking ;-)

Well, well...and here we've been thinking these are just cute photos of Fred. This is going to be fun! Will have to check out photo one from Coachella again. I like this.

Meanwhile little Fred, enjoy Victoria! It was my home away from home for many many years. Watch out for whales and if you have the time after tea you might try a little lawn bowling, but remember to wear your whites! :D

Back to Coachella...... :?

Diana

ps...by the way, you look very cute sitting by Rafael's drums :D
Last edited by ladydi on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

OMG, I can't stand it... this is just TOO KEWL FOR SKEWL! He looks exactly like he's waiting for his cue to start playing.

What a CLASSY monkey, too! Cameras love him, he's so photogenic... yes, you, Monkey Fred.

Whoever's doing this camera work sure has a way with lighting 8) . HA! Keith Urban and his Monkeyland has N-O-O-O-O-TH-I-I-I-I-NG on our Cohen Band Fred. I don't recall my supervisor [a huge K.U. fan] ever saying anything about Keith and his group ADOPTING one of their many monkeys given him by fans. Heh!!! Where else, but with the Leonard Cohen band would you find such deep-down cool.

And ROLL ON, VICTORIA~~!!!

~ Lizzy

[And now off to the Coachella posting for me, too, Di... so much for our ever testifying in court as eye witnesses, eh? "No, your honour... I did not see a monkey... nor did I see one mentioned. Yes, your honour, I know... I must be blind."]

Now, what is little Fred ON about!?! I've gone to the literal first posting in the Coachella thread... and then to the photo of Leonard... looking for Fred in the shadows... notta. Have you found anything, Diana?

Oh, dear... I was in the wrong thread! I should've been in the Monkey thread where our sweet, dear, little Freddie boy appears to be uhm, oh dear, monkeying around whilst thinking of Roberta :shock: !?! This seems to have gotten serious, you guys... broad daylight and everything... :oops: ! Robeeeeeertaaaaaa... hurry, please find Fred... he's, eyes wide shut, almost [blind?].

[Uhm. Do I have to testify about what I saw?]
~ Oscar Wilde
Davido

Post by Davido »

Rosanna Arquette?
All together, now.... SHE's BEHIND YOU!
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Is that Roberta Glass with the blonde hair and hat!?!

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

lizzytysh wrote:Is that Roberta Glass with the blonde hair and hat!?!

~ Lizzy
Dave's eyesight is better than mine, but Roberta Glass is the name of the character that Rosanna Arquette played in the movie Desperately Seeking Susan, so I think that's what Fred was trying to tell us. Very clever.

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
The Monkey

Post by The Monkey »

Davido wrote:Rosanna Arquette?
All together, now.... SHE's BEHIND YOU!
Bingo! you got it.

The Monkey
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blind as a bat! I couldn't understand the reference to an old movie when I read your comment Fred, but you would think it would have been obvious! Oh duh... Thanks Davido for the much needed help! Can't believe so many of us missed the obvious. :oops: Sorry Fred.

I think I know now who your buddy is! 8)
Hope you wow'd Victoria last night!

Hugs,
Diana xoxo
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, geez... I never saw the movie, so when I saw "Roberta Glass," I was thinking it might be Philip's granddaughter at the sound check :roll: ... made sense to me :lol: . Now, you can count me out on the eyewitnessing and the detective'ing :roll: . I need to get out more, at least to the video store.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Where is Monkey?

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
wittykat

Post by wittykat »

awww... late to chime in, but...adorable!!!

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”