The Monkey and a plywood violin

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
novabella

Re: The Monkey and a plywood violin

Post by novabella »

Mary,
I'm sorry we didn't get to meet. My tickets = RES 1, row 3, seats 60-61 You were on the other side, I think. I just posted my review of the Red Rocks show in another thread.
San Diego- April 7th, 2009, Red Rocks- June 4nd, 2009, Las Vegas- November 12th, 2009, San Jose- November 13th, 2009
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

Wow Novabella how'd u get the pic so big?! I even had to scroll out to the right of the forum. Well done, there's the little monkey! He was obviously there to cheer on the band as they hit the stage. The 'blob' on the right looks like Moose me thinks! Excellent stuff. :D
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
Darling

Post by Darling »

I must be getting old, I can't see anything... :shock:
It's good news anyways to know that Fred is alive and well. :D
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Darling wrote:Fred is alive . :D

Heh, heh, heh Darling. He does seem to be alive, doesn't he :D ?

novabella,
I have read your excellent review of the concert. Like you, still trying to catch up and will post my review ASAP.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Darling

Post by Darling »

MaryB wrote:
Darling wrote:Fred is alive . :D

Heh, heh, heh Darling. He does seem to be alive, doesn't he :D ?
You should know Mary, after all, you're the one who gave him life... :lol:
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

OMG....Novabella....thank you SO SO much! Yes, I do think that is Fred! How fabulous of you to get a photo of him! During "First We Take Manhattan" I noticed someone over towards my left ("stage right") put something on top of some equipment. Because of the dark and not having my distance glasses on, I couldn't quite tell what it was but it was about the size of Fred and it seemed to be brown and white. Of course it could have just been a case or bag, but in my mind's eye, it was Fred, although I didn't say anything because everyone was so "into" the song and I would have had to been shouting "I THINK THAT IS FRED!"......huh? "FRED".....what did you say? FRED....

But then, he/it was gone.....and I thought it was probably just wishful thinking.

Just wish we could see one little photo of him before he heads to Europe.
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

you know I bet Fred is writing a book with pictures ... haha we will be able to trade bananas for it!!! maybe?

"The curious tail (haha) of Fred: the leonard cohen tour monkey"
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Cara, you may be onto something! Hadn't considered that but it IS entirely possible! Can't wait for the autograph signings!! He will be a hit around the country...heck, not just this country, but Canada, the UK and Europe....even maybe Australia and NZ! :D :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Your Fred-sighting YELLING is hilarious, Diana :lol: ! Actually, the time it took for novabella to take a picture and you to see Fred, corresponds pretty closely to how long it would take someone to set him up and snap a photo of our dear one.

Cara ~
"The curious tail (haha) of Fred: the leonard cohen tour monkey"
That's perfect in every way 8) !

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

MaryB wrote:Geepers novabella, I can't tell either. It could very likely be. Maybe in preparation for another photo post? There is a person in front of them. Be still my heart - a photo may be coming!!
Mary
Hi Mary,

I keep looking at this photo and yes! I think it is our Fred! And....I think that may very possibly be his person in front of him taking a photo! Please,please, we would like to see a photo of Fred! We know he is going to Europe but it would still be nice to see just one little photo of him lazing by the pool in California, relaxing before the ongoing tour.

Either that, or perhaps Cara is right. There will be a book of "Fred on Tour with LC" coming out in the late future (after Europe) and our little Fred will become more of a celebrity than he is now! Just don't let it go to his head.

Diana
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Or a Fred Red Rocks photo session could be wishful thinking :( . Nevertheless, I have all my bananas lined up in a row in preparation for Cara's idea of a book :D . How many bananas will it cost? Will they have to be big bananas or do small ones count? Will spotted ones be rejected? :? :? :? :? :? :? Need to go out and buy more bananas just in case. Should I buy peanuts too? Will they also count as 'monkey tender'?
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Do monkeys eat peanuts? I think they just throw them at people. That could be problematic 8) ;-) , although I think Fred had proper training from his "Mom" and would never do such a thing.

Perhaps we'd better wait on stocking the bananas as by the time the tour is over we could have very smelly houses :D

Love ya Fred!

Aunt Di xoxoxo

ps...no bananas with bruises..no no...
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Just a thought...I do hope "The Monkey and a plywood violin" aka "Fred's Thread", will be somehow magically moved from The North American Tour 2009 to The European Summer Tour 2009 so he doesn't languish forgotten and alone. :( I know that he has many friends across the pond, just as MANY of us here in America hope to continue his monkeying around adventures! :D
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

ladydi wrote:Just a thought...I do hope "The Monkey and a plywood violin" aka "Fred's Thread", will be somehow magically moved from The North American Tour 2009 to The European Summer Tour 2009 so he doesn't languish forgotten and alone. :D
Good point! Maybe Fred should have his very own section in the Forum?

Wendy
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Excellent idea Wendy! :D We'll have to hope that perhaps Jarkko will take care of it if he isn't too relaxed when he returns from the sun and sea at Hydra!

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”