YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
silvinka

Re: YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

Postby silvinka » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:24 pm

mutti wrote:Hi Thats a beautiful photo with the hat...perfect...
love the photo of your son too.
Mutti
Thanks, I´ve just send it and I´ve chosen for Simon this one
net P1080114.jpg
I think itś a great idea, btw yesterday in bratislava was qute atmosphere, I hope Mister was satisfied with us-devoted audience :D
But you stand there so nice, in your blizzard of ice,
oh please let me come into the storm
Stamatina

Postby Stamatina » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:38 pm

Cate wrote:Stamatina your hair is indeed very beautiful.
Personally I've always found long dark hair to very attractive (I'm Canadian - so it's not that common here).
thanks, cate.
it's so common here that I can't say i'm such a great fan anymore. :razz:

silvinka, the last picture of your son rocks. :D
"Oh chosen love, Oh frozen love
Oh tangle of matter and ghost
Oh darling of angels, demons and saints
And the whole broken-hearted host
Gentle this soul..."
magdam

Postby magdam » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:38 am

I've already sent my photo to "mosaic project".
My choice could have been only one:
lucky.jpg
lucky.jpg (25.13 KiB) Viewed 2659 times

The photo was taken some minutes after the short conversation with LC :D .
LisaLCFan

Postby LisaLCFan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:19 am

Wow, magdam, you must still be smiling! Lucky you! :D
redstudio

Postby redstudio » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:48 am

I love all the photos! Here is ours. My husband John is a fan. We were attempting to be the dancing couple. Had a great time doing it. Pam
pr111.jpg
Halifax May 15, 2008 / New York February 19, 2009 / Boston May 29, 2009/ Columbus October 27, 2009
edlosi

Postby edlosi » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:28 am

Pam and John,

what a wonderful idea!

Isolde
DrHGuy

Postby DrHGuy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:09 pm

allanshowalter-web.jpg
allanshowalter-web.jpg (7.05 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
Cate

Postby Cate » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Red a couple dancing!!! That's a great idea I'm glad you thought of it.

I totally would have recognized you Dr.H. you look just like the guy in your aviator.
Cate

Postby Cate » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:07 pm

polka dots
Cate.jpg
Cate.jpg (33.76 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
just adding temporally
colour.jpg
colour.jpg (23.17 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
a.c.Montrel2.jpg
a.c.Montrel2.jpg (27.53 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
Last edited by Cate on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:28 pm

Thank you, Sheila :D ... I must say I love the fact that I'm wearing my tie-dye Obama t-shirt in it; however, no... a much cooler-toned [though not necessarily 'cooler' ;-) ] photo is the one I submitted. "You pays your money, you takes your choice" doesn't always mean it's the best choice, but you live with it. The photo I submitted is an important one to me for several reasons. I'm growing more used to the one Greg posted, but it's too late now. These women have been putting forth an extreme amount of serious effort and hard work. They don't need changes of mind added into the mix :roll: .

Hi Ruth ~ Your 'outback' looking photo has the feeling of Crocodile Dundee about it and I love how you are holding the fedora over your heart, the same as Leonard does. You look that very natural, down-to-earth, and pretty Aussie woman that the Australian men brag about 8) . A great photo choice :D .

Oh, Mutti [Leslie, but always Mutti to me, as you have that warmth that the name suggests] ~ I love your leaning from the window photo. Such a natural and charming setting for framing your beautiful, loving face... and knowing that you're the same in persons makes it even better.

Ah, Stamatina! I love you how superimposed the unified hearts symbol on yours and gave Leonard your definitely more serious self. Just for the record, Stamatina is a very pretty Greek girl when seen straight on and smiling. This photo will continue to pull people in to study it, though. It is very fitting for the serious aspects of Leonard's music. Interesting to me how your photo choice and your avatar complement each other... your avatar looking up in one direction and your photo looking down in the opposite direction.

Haha, Siempie... such a great idea to show yourself as that innocent 14-year-old, so committed to the cause of seeing Leonard that you washed cars to earn your own money to get there 8) . I know the effect Leonard has had on my own life, becoming aware of him in my late 20s; if only I had, had him here with me since I was 14. You and Stamatina are at a definite advantage. You were a great looking child, Siempie. Lucky LUCKY you to be one of those to see Leonard in Tel Aviv. If there's one song I would love to hear that he performed there [and only there, if the case may be] is "Song of Isaac."

Hi Silvinka ~ A wonderful looking Simon you have. The one with the hat is adorable, but the precious, straight on one of him smiling so broadless is priceless. Great choice. For you, like everyone else, I'm completely taken with the one of you with the hat tipped. You look straight out of one of our 'Country' magazines... like a performer on the road yourself. SOooooo SWEEeeeeet and pretty! [And, yes, freshly flirtatious, too ;-) .] I have to say, however, that I also love your retro, decadent glamour sophisticate one that follows and looks like it could have been taken in Paris in the 60s-70s. It reminds me of some of the women in videos and interviews of Leonard. Your avatar would do well, too. Such a lovely one to have three, such different choices.

Magdam ~ Yours is such a natural, effusively happy and in love with your moment photo. There's NOTHING that could keep your beautiful smile and beaming eyes contained. You're beamingly beautiful. I love how Leonard will be able to read what he wrote and return him to that moment, too. As one who also has his treasured autograph, my heartfelt suggestion is that you get it laminated. Mine from 1976 remains unfaded and untattered because of it. I guess framing might accomplish the same thing, but just in case... it's an idea to consider.

Pam ~ What a GREAT idea, having you and your husband... dancing to the end of love with each other and so happy doing it! You weren't just attempting to do it, either... you're a gorgeous couple and you did it 8) ! You're so happy and so pretty and your husband is so happy and handsome... you're a gorgeous couple! And I see you're wearing the polka dots, too :D . I had considered a two-for-the-price-of-one photo because, well, the photo of me is better in that one than the others, and the other person was Stanley Bard [of the Chelsea Hotel] and who I know is a great fan of Leonard's. However, even though it's already in the Files, I still felt it incumbent on me to get hold of him for his permission, and I would have had to explain ~ somewhere ~ that our 'connection' was only momentary, during the time Margaret and I stayed at the Chelsea and I got a photo taken with him. As it went for this project, however, I had just submitted the one I did and, overnight, it had been whipped into the proper size by Laura. My intent was to call the Chelsea the next day, in hopes of reaching him, but by then, it was a done deal with the one I had sent... and, believe me, I wasn't about to ask either of them [Laura or Marie] to re-do anything, so I never took it further. My former husband loves Leonard's music, too... oh, how I would love to have been able to submit a photo of us together. I love yours :D !

Allan ~ WoW. The warmth I anticipated is there even moreso in your eyes and your smile than I had even imagined. A beautiful photo of you; a handsome, very imaginative, humourous, intelligent and brilliant, deeply-caring man... it's a dreamy, kind, and sensitive level of confidence you project... and these things I also know from having read various entries on your blog. Well worth anyone's time to visit and spend time there.

Ahhhh, Cate 8) . A beautiful and womanly, hourglass photo of you. With warmth and 'knowing' in your eyes and only a slight smile, this photo of you will wear well 8) . Sort of a Mona Lisa thing going on there. And you wear your polka dots so well :D . You have such a natural kind of beauty 8) . This is something I also know from having met you :) .

[Greg ~ I only mentioned what a sweet, adorable one you are. You're 'forgiven' for having posted the photo of me without my knowledge, much less permission :shock: ;-) ... yours shows you as the clever, fun-loving one you are. When I was smiling so broadly, it's clear to me that it was in response to something you'd said when you took the picture... who knows what, it could have been anything :lol: ! You are so wonderfully unpredictable 8) .]

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Stamatina

Postby Stamatina » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:52 pm

lizzytysh wrote: Ah, Stamatina! I love you how superimposed the unified hearts symbol on yours and gave Leonard your definitely more serious self. Just for the record, Stamatina is a very pretty Greek girl when seen straight on and smiling. This photo will continue to pull people in to study it, though. It is very fitting for the serious aspects of Leonard's music. Interesting to me how your photo choice and your avatar complement each other... your avatar looking up in one direction and your photo looking down in the opposite direction.
I don't like photos of me smiling. My teeth aren't straight and the dracula teeth are too damn long and pointy!! :razz:
Hey, I hadn't noticed this about my avatar. I may print both the image from the Dear Heather album and my picture and put them on my room wall together. :razz: Just when I was wondering what to do to make anyone entering my room understand I'm an LC fan. :razz:

Thanks! :D

Oh, and Cate... lovely pic. ;-) :)
"Oh chosen love, Oh frozen love
Oh tangle of matter and ghost
Oh darling of angels, demons and saints
And the whole broken-hearted host
Gentle this soul..."
silvinka

Postby silvinka » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi Silvinka ~ A wonderful looking Simon you have. The one with the hat is adorable, but the precious, straight on one of him smiling so broadless is priceless. Great choice. For you, like everyone else, I'm completely taken with the one of you with the hat tipped. You look straight out of one of our 'Country' magazines... like a performer on the road yourself. SOooooo SWEEeeeeet and pretty! [And, yes, freshly flirtatious, too ;-) .] I have to say, however, that I also love your retro, decadent glamour sophisticate one that follows and looks like it could have been taken in Paris in the 60s-70s. It reminds me of some of the women in videos and interviews of Leonard. Your avatar would do well, too. Such a lovely one to have three, such different choices.
Thanks so much Lizzytysh, You made my day :D Kisses for you ;-)
I like my "hat pics" but the one before concert in Bratislava is special ´cos of LC concert and atmosphere, waiting....I ´ve send hat pic, but now I´m not sure about my choise :?
But you stand there so nice, in your blizzard of ice,
oh please let me come into the storm
imaginary friend

Postby imaginary friend » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:19 pm

It's so much fun to put faces to the online personalities... and such varied and creative photographs.

Cate – super photo – with the ethereal back lighting!

The day after the Beacon concert in New York, my daughter Lisa, Lizzy and I went to the Museum of Modern Art. One of the photographs exhibited was from a series with four sisters as the subject – The Brown Sisters. They were photographed (together) once a year, for 33 years by the husband of one sister. I purchased the book with all 33 photos in the Museum shop; the images are very poignant – I've imagined I can almost trace the joys and sorrows in their expressions over the years.

PS: Tinders – my 'Hottie' hunch turned out 100% cor-rect! 8)
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Well, Stamatina... I've just noticed my Freudian slip, where I meant to say "I love how you . . . " and, instead, wrote "I love you how . . . " ~ just my subconscious way of saying I hope and trust that all is well with you and how deeply I wish you well, now and forever... with love, Aunt Lizzy. Uh. Back to your photos, however... hardly "dracula teeth" or "too damn long and pointy!!" ~ You'll be amazed how much better your photos from now become as you get older ;-) . [Trust me on this... some of my worst photos at the time have come to look amazingly good after much time has passed :shock: . You'll see what I mean as time goes on... as it inevitably will.] Another thing I've learned is the charm of unstraight teeth. Seriously.

I think that's a GREAT idea of placing both on your bedroom wall.

Oh, dear, Silvinka ~ I know what you mean about second thoughts :shock: . I hope your ambivalence will subside. So, the second one is you just prior to Leonard's concert? You looked so vintage, so great! There's a definite 'woman' quality to it. I know what you mean about the particular 'significance' of a particular photo, too. The not-so-close one I chose came in on that measure... not that the Red Rocks doesn't, of course... but it was not in the running when I made my choice. The Chelsea one with Stanley Bard would've been 'significant' in obvious ways, too... with Stanley being a personal friend of Leonard's. You look beautiful, either/any way... and who knows but what Leonard may one day look at this thread and see you both [all three!] ways 8) . Trust me when I say that he'll have no complaints with any one of the three... he'd be delighted with any one of them!

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:35 pm

PS: Tinders – my 'Hottie' hunch turned out 100% cor-rect! 8)
Ah-ha. A private joke, unless I missed something ;-) .

Well, I missed the gift shop portion of our trip to the Museum :? ... having to rush to catch a cab to my hotel to catch the shuttle to the airport to catch my plane. That book of 33 years of photographs sounds really good. Great foresight on one of the sisters's part. What prompted the 33rd year from becoming the 34th?

You're so right on Cate's ethereal back lighting 8) .

Silvinka ~ Were you in Hawai'i with your avatar photo. It looks very luau'ish.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”