POLL: Design for Leonard's 75th Birthday Greeting from Fans

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)

Design for Leonard's 75th Birthday Greeting from Fans

Poll ended at Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Ray of Lights Band Design
50%
The Guitar Design
4%
Band with Unified Hearts Design
46%

Total votes: 135
MarieM

POLL: Design for Leonard's 75th Birthday Greeting from Fans

Post by MarieM »

Below are the final designs that Laura, Pam and I thought should be put to a vote. These are final drafts but subject to revisions based on the photos we get from you. Voting will continue for five days. You can vote for one design. Much thanks to Laura and Pam for all their hard work and wonderful creative efforts.

Happy voting friends.

Ray of Lights Band Design

The Guitar Design

Band with Unified Hearts Design
Marie
Speaking Cohen
MarieM

Re: POLL: Design for Leonard's 75th Birthday Greeting from Fans

Post by MarieM »

How to recast your vote --

Just click on a new circle to select a different design, then click on the submit vote button. When it says "your vote has been cast" hit the link that returns you to the page. DO NOT USE YOUR BROWSER'S BACK BUTTON because the page needs to be refreshed with your changed vote.

---------------------
Edit: Several people now report they can't change their vote. I don't know why there is a problem. But...I guess we have to vote with care. You have until Tuesday if you need to think about it.

---------------------
Marie
Speaking Cohen
Kanga

Post by Kanga »

I voted for the Unified Hearts. It is the one I would most like as a souvenier - but then which would Leonard like :?:
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
sue7

Post by sue7 »

These are just beautiful! Thank you so so much to Pam, Laura and Marie for working on this. I followed the previous thread and know how many hours of work and love went into these designs!
Sue
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

These are all stunning but the unified hearts got my vote. Would love to have a copy of that on my wall :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
sourire

Post by sourire »

They're all amazing, but Unified Hearts feels the most vibrant to me. Any way of including the 'runners-up' too, somewhere in the final mosaic? Would that be a techno nightmare? :?:
Light breaks where no sun shines;
Where no sea runs, the waters of the heart
Push in their tides....

Dylan Thomas
Paula

Post by Paula »

Is it just the background that makes up the mosaic and Leonard and the band are full images and not included in the mosaic as such it is hard to tell
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
margaret

Post by margaret »

The first design gets my vote. The individual photos in the background appear much clearer and the I like the ray of light focusing on Leonard and having the band members within it.
Although very nice, the others are maybe a bit too complicated.
Thanks for all the work you girls have put into this project.

Margaret
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

The title of this thread says it all.
It is from the fans.
The Ray of Light mosaic shows the fans more clearly, and I feel that seeing his fans in a more pictorial way will allow Leonard to catch a much better view of the faces behind the names on the Forum.
Each piece has its merits and obviously took a lot of work to produce.
I get the feeling that the other two mosaics are more for the fans to appreciate than for Leonard himself. I may be wrong, but that is what I feel.
Good luck.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

All the designs are stunning. I voted for the Unified Hearts, being LC's personal logo. And this design also has a great feature - the three shafts of light resemble the top of the Maple Leaf on the Canadian Flag.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Spirit Friend

Post by Spirit Friend »

When I am 75, and all of my family and friends sign a birthday card to give to me, and the picture on the front of the card is a photo of me, and i discovar that i could have recieved another photo showing the faces of everyone who had signed the card, I know which photos i would want to look at. The photos od all of my family and friends. I have plenty of photos of me already. I voted for the Guitar.
martali

Post by martali »

Hello Friends,

I haven’t voted yet simply because I cannot choose the best one. :?

Both Laura’s “Ray of Lights Band” as well as Pam’s “Band with Unified Hearts” designs are so beautiful, expressive and touching.
I admire all the “labour of love”, art and creativity of both our so talented girls. :D

I must confess I’ve made some tryouts on the mosaic design by myself (have learned the mosaic program and also have some Photoshop skills) but haven’t achieved any worth presenting effects.
So I can appreciate Laura’s and Pam’s wonderful work all the more.

That's why such an idea came to mind that we could perhaps accept the two mosaics for Leonard’s 75th Birthday greetings.
Each of them is quite different in design but so stunning so I believe Our Man would appreciate both.
All the forum members photos, already processed into proper resolution might be used for both designs I suppose.

What do you think Friends :?:

Warmest regards to Laura, Pam, Marie and all of you.
Marta

PS
I’d like also to offer my help on pictures of members Photoshop processing into any required format.
mutti

Post by mutti »

These are all so special...you all are so talented and creative. Thank you for creating this masterpieces.
It would be great if they could be available as posters to members of the forum for a fee...wouldn't that be nice?
I voted for the Ray of Light...I love it!
but I also really like the Unified Hearts so which ever won wins I will be thrilled.
I am so glad to be a part of this.
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We could have the final poster available at The Files for download, in full size. Members could then copy the picture file, and forward it to their local photo lab (or copy the file onto a CDR, and take it to the lab). This is the easiest and cheapest way to make a poster!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
table top joe

Post by table top joe »

I voted for the last one but the first is great too.....i really like the second one as well though :razz:

Stupid question but is it too late to submit a photo for this?

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”