Chelsea Hotel Plaque

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
Merganser

Re: Chelsea Hotel Plaque

Post by Merganser »

Hey, Dick, Len, Sue - had a great time at the reception, thanks a lot for putting it together.
Kenadian

Post by Kenadian »

I just wanted to add my thanks and kudos to the crew (Dick, Linda, Sue, Leonard from Montreal, and the others I may have missed) who put this together. Sorry I didn't meet up after the show but I took off to go see Richard Thompson at The City Winery.

See you all next time!

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

Dick, Linda, Sue, (and everyone else who contributed so much time and energy to the proceedings).
We would just like to add our thanks and congratulations on organising everything associated with arranging for the the plaque at the Chelsea Hotel. All your hard work was worthwhile.
Additionally, thanks for posting .pdf file of the programme of events so that those of us who couldn't be there in person could read it. (OK.....yes we wanted to see our names in print as contributing to Leonard's 75th birthday plaque.....). We have now downloaded it as a permanent hard-copy memento of the event.
We hope one day soon to revisit New York and of course our first stop will be the Chelsea Hotel to view Leonard Cohen's plaque.
Once again well done guys.

Regards

Scott & Helen
Last edited by ScottM on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Thank you to all who contributed to the plaque, the ceremony ,the pictures and videos and the memories....Beautiful and forever will be the affirmation of Leonard.....
donalagata
sourire

Post by sourire »

Many thanks to everyone from the forum and hotel for arranging such an enjoyable and inclusive Plaque Dedication Ceremony. Those beautiful moments have been framed in our hearts forever. So good to put faces to a few names, too! Love the video, Lightning. You captured the excitement so well for everyone forced to be in another place just then
:D 8) Hope Leonard took a Plaque peek before he left NYC ;-)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Sheila ~

Yes, it would be great to see more of the MOM... and all of the PLAQUE... without rushing either one.

I'm confused, Lightning... since Esther is directly in your sites for so much of your video 8) . When you say you couldn't find her, what did you mean? Are you referring to before you finally found and filmed her?

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lightning

Post by lightning »

I was talking about the beginning of the video. I wasn't ready when Dick began to speak so I lost his first few words. When he first introduced Esther I tried to get her on camera but couldn't find her , so I had missed getting her face with her introduction. Sue's video also missed her. When Dick introduced Robert Kory I should have had his face on camera but I didn't know who he was because I have never seen him, so I missed a close up of him alone too. When Dick introduced John Lissauer, I had Robert Kory on camera. I didn't know who he was either. Live and learn.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, at least by the end of your comedy of errors, I was laughing. Not at you, of course, but hopefully with you. I'm sure they're all forgiving of it, too. I'm sorry that noone got Esther in the beginning. Perhaps, there were some cellphone videos going? Would love to see Robert Kory and John Lissauer in their proper context, too. What you got, though, Lightning, is still valuable and very appreciated!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
sue7

Post by sue7 »

lizzytysh wrote:Well, at least by the end of your comedy of errors, I was laughing. Not at you, of course, but hopefully with you. I'm sure they're all forgiving of it, too. I'm sorry that noone got Esther in the beginning. Perhaps, there were some cellphone videos going? Would love to see Robert Kory and John Lissauer in their proper context, too. What you got, though, Lightning, is still valuable and very appreciated!
Lightning and Lizzie, There is a still that my friend Andrea caught of that moment: don't know of any other video at this point. The still photo is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/39568202@N05/page2/ . It's DSC 3535.
Sue
lightning

Post by lightning »

Those are very nice stills. I'm glad she got pictures of those introductions with the appropriate names of the photographed people.
da2008

Post by da2008 »

Dear Dick, Sue, Diana, Michael and everybody else whom I met at the reception - thank you so much for being there, for allowing me to be there and for making this afternoon unforgettable. I really hope to see you all some time soon. I will post some of mine photos later on when I get a more permanent access to the internet, but for now - thank you!!
Rock Chick

Post by Rock Chick »

Many thanks to Dick, Sue and everyone who made this amazing event happen! It was such an enjoyable afternoon.... I loved every minute. It was a real honour to be present when the plaque was unveiled, and it was also an honour to meet Esther. What a beautiful lady! I met some wonderful people that day - Diana, Karen, Andrea, Gerry, Ken, Sandy and her lovely husband.... hope to see you all again soon! xxxxxxxxxx
trish

Post by trish »

A late but heartfelt thank you from me to Dick, Sue and everyone involved in this event. It was so enjoyable and memorable and it was wonderful to be part of such a great occasion. I don't know what it is but it seems that all the organisers on this forum have real class and they are all wasted in their day jobs.... Any of the few events I've been to have been slick, sophisticated, and as as well put-together, glamorous and reliable as a Swiss watch! You should all be working in event management :) (And yes Maarten, Henning is wasted too :) ).

Thanks for all the videos and photos that people posted. They are amazing. Linda's photos capture some beautiful expressions on Esther's face and the video coverage was excellent. Thelma you did an amazing job in capturing everything!

And yes Tinderella, it's great to see Brendan Behan there too. Last time I visited the Chelsea I wondered why he was there and Leonard was not, so I was delighted to see Leonard take pole position just above the name of the hotel on the outside. It's truly brilliant. Well done and thanks Dick and Sue on a really successful event.
seadove

Post by seadove »

The picture site is not opening up. :?

The Chelsea Hotel has suddenly become an important site to visit when I get to New York next year. ;-)
sue7

Post by sue7 »

seadove wrote:The picture site is not opening up. :?

The Chelsea Hotel has suddenly become an important site to visit when I get to New York next year. ;-)
Hi seadove,
Which photo site are you having trouble with? The flickr site or the photoworks site? Pm me if you like and let me know the details. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out what the problem is.
Sue

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”