Chelsea Hotel Plaque

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
holydove

Re: Chelsea Hotel Plaque

Post by holydove »

Hi Dick,

That is so exciting, thank you for all you have done to make this happen. Just wanted to point out, it doesn't matter to me, but it looks like you might have me on the list twice, first with my first name only, then with my first and last name (Rachel Beldock); unless there is another Rachel from NY who only gave her first name. Just telling you this in case you want to remove the first one for whatever reason; if it can't be changed, no problem, doesn't matter. The plaque looks gorgeous, judging from the picture you posted. Thank you so, so much, I am so happy we can do this for Our Great Man!
afanghanel

Post by afanghanel »

Thanks for the update Dick, and for all your efforts. I am so pleased to have been able to be a part of this for LC. Wish I could be there with you for the big reveal!

A
2008: Manchester, London 02, London RAH x 2, 2009: Weybridge, Belgrade, San Jose, 2010: ...
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Plaque Dedication Ceremony Update

I have been compiling the list of people attending the plaque dedication event at the Chelsea Hotel on October 23 at 2pm.
The hotel will only admit people on the guest list.
I will be making nametags using the information that appears in this list. If you have corrections or would like to add your forum name to your nametag, please pm me or email me directly at sgiffard@ecfs.org.
Sue

Here is the list:

1. Sandy Sequeira, London, England (sourire)
2. Larry Sequeira, London, England
3. Jackie Raque, New York, NY (jacquier)
4. Karen Edlin, London, England (Rock Chick)
5. Alan Grisbrook, London, England (Johnnie Walker Wisdom)
6. Diana Dahart , Ypsilanti, Michigan (ladydi)
7. Karen Kotvas, New Jersey
8. Michael Purcell, Carlow , Ireland (carlowmike)
9. Sinead O'Keeffe, Carlow, Ireland
10. Joe McGean, Carlow, Ireland. (maybe)
11. Fintan Seeley, Carlow, Ireland. (maybe)
12. Vincent Joseph
13. Trish O’Connell, Dublin (trish)
14. Dan Williams, Burlington, Vermont (Merganser)
15. Sue Giffard, New York, NY (sue7)
16. Rachel, New York, NY
17. John Lissauer, Katonah, NY
18. Lilith Lissauer Katonah, NY
19. Ken Schickler, Waterloo, Ontario (kenadian2001)
20. Leonard Bierbrier, Cambridge, MA (Leonard from Montreal)
21. Chris Bierbrier, Cambridge, MA
22. Dick Straub, Morristown, NJ (dick)
23. Linda Straub, Morristown, NJ (lindas)
24. Robert Kory, Los Angeles, CA
25. Esther Cohen, New York, NY
26. Robert Bower, New York, NY
27. David Elder, New York, NY
28. Roman Luszpak, Denver, CO (Pancogito)
29. Robert Goldstein, Ann Arbor, MI (goldstei)
30. Suzanne Cras, Brittany, France
31. Chantal Cras, Brittany, France
32. Natacha Cras, Brittany, France (maybe)
33. Jean-Baptiste Cras, Brittany, France (maybe) (Jean-Baptiste)
34. Dimitri Artemenko, Toronto, Canada (da2008)
35. Irena Artemenko, Toronto, Canada
36. Lorraine Sexton , Hamilton Twp, NJ (maltmom)
37. Thelma Blitz, New York, NY (lightning)
38. Keith Woolford, Torrington, CT (keiwolf)
39. Gina Woolford, Torrington, CT
40. Evelyn Stein, New York, NY
41. Andrea Dolloff, New York, NY
42. Larry Sloman
43. Mrs Larry Sloman
44. Bob Johnston, Austin, TX
45. Dawn Gallagher, West New York, NJ
46. Dan Scanlan, Boston, MA
47. Susan Kiley, Boston, MA
48. Hugh McPherson, Melbourne, Australia (Whoppers)
49. Marisa Butler, Brooklyn, NY (marisab123)
50. Jim Rotonda, Caldwell, NJ
51. Janice Rotonda, Caldwell, NJ
52. Frank Browne, Drogheda, Ireland (Frelander)
53. Frances Browne, Drogheda, Ireland (Frelander)
54. Johnny Miller, New York, NY
55. Gerry McKenny, Navan, Ireland
56. Sean Boggs, Portland, OR
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Dear Sue,

Thanks so much for all your hard work! I'm sure Dick appreciates the assistance. Looks like there will be an VERY interesting and eclectic group at the Chelsea!

Less than 2 weeks now! :D :D :D

Diana
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Hi Diana,
It's been a real pleasure to do the work. Not long to go now!!
See you there,
Sue
sourire

Post by sourire »

Thanks so much Sue for amending our details. Feels like we're lucky finalists in a great talent contest, being on this list :lol:
See youse soon.
wittykat

Post by wittykat »

It so happens that the 23rd would be my last day in new york -- I'd love to attend the event, how can I do that? I didn't realize it was going on...
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi wittykat,

I see you found the section! Actually, if you are trying to get tickets to the concert, it's the evening of Friday Oct 23rd. This would be in the afternoon. If you leave NY on the 24th that should give you enough time unless you have other committments. If you think you can make it to the Chelsea, send a pm (private message) to sue7 or Dick (you'll find their postings also on this thread)...it may not be too late.
dick

Post by dick »

CEREMONY FULL!!!

Sue got a couple more emails on Sunday, and the hotel now advises me not to accept any more attendees. The room simply would get too overcrowded.

Sorry if we have any latecomers, but we can no longer add names to our guest list.

Dick
Cate

Post by Cate »

quick note just in case - I just canceled (right now :cry: ) a reservation for the Chelsa 23-25 - thought I'd let people know as hotel is fully booked - so 1 Jr. suite now available if you call quick.
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

dick wrote:CEREMONY FULL!!!

Sue got a couple more emails on Sunday, and the hotel now advises me not to accept any more attendees. The room simply would get too overcrowded.

Sorry if we have any latecomers, but we can no longer add names to our guest list.

Dick
So sorry i did not see my name on the list :cry: I payed you, and i did get an email that you got my money.
You even told me the name would be julia in Dutch, i am so sorry to see this. Not for the 10 dollar i miss, but not to see my name for my biggest man in this world . :oops:

Giulia
Leonard 77, 21 of september 78, and still the greatest of all times

In my secret live.
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

Giulia wrote:
dick wrote:CEREMONY FULL!!!

Dick
So sorry i did not see my name on the list :cry: I payed you, and i did get an email that you got my money.
You even told me the name would be julia in Dutch, i am so sorry to see this. Not for the 10 dollar i miss, but not to see my name for my biggest man in this world . :oops:

Giulia
Ooops, sorry, thats the difficulty in Englisch, i made a big mistake. I saw my name for the plaque, that was another thing, please accept my apoligy ( dont know how to write, just saying sorry). I hope there will be many pictures here on the forum, to watch? The happening i mean, thanks a lot, you all
and have a wonderull day, love and greetz Giulia
Leonard 77, 21 of september 78, and still the greatest of all times

In my secret live.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Giulia,

Don't worry. I will be at the Chelsea Hotel on Friday and will take many photos with my camera! However, I think there will also be professional photographers at the Chelsea who will take much better photos than me. Thanks so much for contributing...it is so special, isn't it! At any rate, I/we will share our simple offerings with you in a few days.

Wish you could be there also...will be thinking of you.

All the best,
Diana
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Giulia wrote:
Ooops, sorry, thats the difficulty in Englisch, i made a big mistake. I saw my name for the plaque, that was another thing, please accept my apoligy ( dont know how to write, just saying sorry). I hope there will be many pictures here on the forum, to watch? The happening i mean, thanks a lot, you all
and have a wonderull day, love and greetz Giulia
Hi Giulia,
There's no need to apologize: I'm pleased your name is really on the list of plaque donors. In addition to the photographers who will be taking pictures, I will set up a video camera, and hopefully there will be some video to post up on the forum. We are really looking forward to it.
Best wishes,
Sue
Kiwi56

Post by Kiwi56 »

ladydi wrote:
I will be at the Chelsea Hotel on Friday and will take many photos with my camera! However, I think there will also be professional photographers at the Chelsea who will take much better photos than me. Thanks so much for contributing...it is so special, isn't it! At any rate, I/we will share our simple offerings with you in a few days.
So I wish you and all the others which can be there wonderful and great hours and I can hardly wait to read your
report and to see the photos :D !!!
2008 Lörrach,Oberhausen,2009 Dublin, 2010 Stuttgart, 2012Verona

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”