Tel Aviv Concert - Public Transit Info

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sharon.e

Tel Aviv Concert - Public Transit Info

Post by sharon.e »

The big day has arrived,
For all the ones arriving to the concert, I have collected the info below from the websites of Israeli Police, Israel Railways and bus companies and for your convenience gathered it in this thread:

Trains:
Arriving to the concert: the closest station to Ramat Gan Stadium is "Bnei Brak" - a few minutes walk from the stadium.
After the concert:
Israel Railways will add special trains to various destination (listed below) that will wait on the platforms till they fill up and then depart en route.
note: Trains going north will depart from 'Bnei Brak' station
Trains going south will depart from 'Savidor' terminal (Arlozorov st. aka 'Mercaz' station)

If you intend to take an inter-city round trip on the train, Israel railways is encouraging you to buy a round trip ticket on the way to the stadium in order to avoid lines at the cashiers (and you also get 10% discount)

Trains going north from Bnei Brak station to:
Heraliya, Beit Yehoshua, Hadera-west, Binyamina, Haifa *2, Kiryat Motzkin, Acco, Nahariya. (re Acco and Nahariya - only part of the trains will go as far so ask in advance)
The last train north bound is scheduled to leave at approxemetely 23:45.

Trains going south from Savidor Termianl to:
* Ashkelon (last one at apprx. 00:00) will stop in Tel Aviv stations (HaShalom, HaHagana), Lod, Rehovot, Yavne, Ashdod
* beer Sheba (last one at apprx.00:00) will stop in Tel Aviv stations (HaShalom, HaHagana), Lod, Kiryat Gat, Lehavim-Rahat, Beer Sheba North, Beer Sheba Center.
*Modi'in: (last one at apprx. 00:15) will stop in Tel Aviv stations (HaShalom, HaHagana), Paatei Modi'in, Modi'in Center.

please see below info regarding line #99 that' will take you from the stadium to Savidor Terminal

Buses:

Special Line #99
From Tel Aviv Old Central Station to Ramat Gan Stadium (17:00-19:30)
Stops: Maariv Junction, Azriali Center, Savidor Terminal, Jabotinsky St., Abba Hillel Silver, Shshet Hayamim Road near the Ayalon Mall (Kanyon Ayalon) which is 5 minutes walk from the stadium.
From Ramat Gan Gan Stadium, starting at 22:45, the line will stop at the exact same stations in opposite order - take the bus at drop-off station.

line #12:
From Reading Terminal to Ramat Gan Stadium (17:00-19:30)
Stops: Agnon St @ power station, Agnon St. #24, Ramat Aviv Hotel (149 namir Rd.), Rokach Blvd, University train station, Tennis Center, Mivtza Kadesh St, Shshet Hayamim Road near the Ayalon Mall (Kanyon Ayalon) which is 5 minutes walk from the stadium.
From Ramat Gan Gan Stadium, starting at 22:45, the line will stop at the exact same stations in opposite order - take the bus at drop-off station.

Line #247:
From Kfar Saba to Ramat Gan Stadium (17:00-19:30)
Stops: regular till arrival to Bnei Ephrayim St and corner of Shitrit St. will then continue on Shitrit St., go through Mivtza Kadesh St, Shshet Hayamim Road near the Ayalon Mall (Kanyon Ayalon) which is 5 minutes walk from the stadium.
From Ramat Gan Gan Stadium, starting at 22:45, the line will stop at Mivtza Kadesh St, Pinchas Rozen, moshe Sneh and will then continue its usual route all the way to Kfar Saba.
- take the bus at drop-off station.

if you arrive from Jerusalem:
Best way is to take bus #480 from Jerusalem Central bus Station to Savidor Teminal and from there take wither bus #99 (you have to go out to bus stations on Namir Road) or the train.
Going Back to Jerusalem: last bus leaves at 00:10 from Terminal #2 at the Savidor Terminal and arrives in Jerusalem about 60 minutes later. again, take bus #99 to get to this bus.

if you're visiting Israel and living in a hotel close to the beach, there are various ways to get there, so if you have questions, write them as a reply to this thread and I'll do my best to answer them.

If you still wish to take your car to the stadium, Israeli Police will direct you, according to where you arrive from to: Reading Termianl Parking, Drive in parking lot, from there you can take one of the buses mentioned above OR Ganey Yehosua Parking lot, Athletics Stadium Parking lots, Home Center Parking lots - from which it's a reasonable walking distance.
if you arrive really early (until 16:30 max), you can try parking your car at the Ayalon Mall parking lots.

hope that helps,
looking forward to an unforgettable concert,
--Sharon
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam
Nurit

Re: Tel Aviv Concert - Public Transit Info

Post by Nurit »

Thanks a lot, Sharon, it sure helps! (I missed the the info that #99 will go from Savidor to the stadium).

Just a small addition for those who will be going back to Jerusalem (like me):

Acording to EGGED website + I have verified it by phone, the last bus to Jerusalem from Savidor (Arlozozrov) Terminal will leave at 03:03 (actually tomorrow morning). There are going to be additional busses at 00:33, 01:03, 02:03, 02:33, 03:03. These busses will also have a few stops inside Jerusalem along Yaffo St. (last stop Jaffa Gate).

Note that the additional busses are only #480 from Savidor. The last bus from Tel Aviv central station (#405) leaves at 00:00.

WOW, it's today!! :D
sharon.e

Re: Tel Aviv Concert - Public Transit Info

Post by sharon.e »

Thanks Nurit for the clarification on Jerusalem, it was late at night so i had to rely on the websites.
I am very happy the #480 will run back to Jerusalem til late (or early morning)

yes, it's today, I find it almost hard to believe ;-)
--Sharon
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”