CONCERT REPORT: Barcelona, September 21 (Leonard's birthday)

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Patrycja

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Barcelona, September 21 (Leonard's birthday)

Post by Patrycja »

Maarten wrote:Hi,
Here are my concert photographs. Enjoy them!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... c15741de35

Maarten
Wow, Maarten, these are great! So many beautiful moments you captured. Thanks so much for posting them.
Will... If It Be Your Will
mirka

Post by mirka »

somewhat_nifty wrote:Have just uploaded Suzanne - I'm afraid it's a bit shaky (I'm no IrishAl), but you can see the candles about 1 minute in:
wow, the candles are truly mesmerizing !
Whoever came up with this brilliant idea deserves a special recognition from the Forum members, and Leonard himself.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

sturgess66 wrote:Video from "PaulZagreb" on YouTube - wherever he was sitting - he was getting very sharp audio.

I Tried to Leave You - very short clip but huge audience response when Leonard sings "I hope you're satisfied."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5H90cUUtrM

Famous Blue Raincoat - partial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWvuViTL8ko

I'm Your Man - partial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPirLfTUeI4

Hallelujah - nice view of audience at end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdI-N3zGq28

Tower of Song - short clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7dq4FRsP5s

Waiting for the Miracle - partial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugIEznMffxc
Thanks for posting these ... my first ever youtube videos!

Well, thanks to the forum and Wendy Mabeanie1 in row 2 seat 8 (and right at the front for the encores!) with a new camera which turns out to trust me more with video than photos (but I do have a nice photo of Maarten taking his wonderful photos which I will upload later). I just wish I had left it on for Leonard's final words and all ... he mentioned Jarkko, Henning and Patrice for sure by name and possibly others but it just brought tears to my eyes to think that after all the effort of a concert like that and after the Valencia scare that he thanks us! Words really fail me about the two days with all the forum members who came so I shall just close my eyes and travel back there now!

all good things
Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Yes, did anyone record Leonard's final words? I was too busy applauding :lol: It was so thrilling he mentioned all the forum members - in addition to those listed by Paul Zagreb he mentioned Tom as well.

@burningviolin - your report saves me writing anything more about the concert, you've summed it up perfectly ;-) :D
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

somewhat_nifty wrote:It was so thrilling he mentioned all the forum members - in addition to those listed by Paul Zagreb he mentioned Tom as well.
Tom forgive me or at least let me buy you a drink when we see each other on Friday!!!!

And such as they are my photos from the concert can be viewed at

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 969&ref=mf

I like the ones of Maarten!!!!

cheers

Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
Henning

Post by Henning »

Hi all

I am back from Barcelona and still a bit mesmarized. Too many impressions in such a short time like an avalanche of emotions. Many thanks to Jarkko for doing what he did for me, thanks to the Spanish princes of event precison and Leonard again for his once in a lifetime gift and matchless generosity. I had my own small tour during the concert. First I sat front row between Frauke and Sinikka, for the second set I moved to row 12 to sit next to Margaret and for the encores I went back to some upper place to the side to have the impression of the whole lot including the monitors, the stage, the sound, the crowd. Many of the back seats where empty since there was a massive rush to the front, so I could grap the whole magic with a distant eye with almost noone around me. When at the end Leonard thanked the forum members there was a big applause. Then he added some names, Jarkko, Patrice and .... omg was that me ? It must have been me because after the show I was asked for a few photos taken with me, Liverpoolken was a bit pale in his face, I remember him saying, "he was mentioned with the cooks and he can't even cook". Maarten kneeled before me to show his respect. I think I was the joke of the day but I don't mind. I was just happy that Leonard was so well and that everyone had a fantastic evening.

H.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Paula

Post by Paula »

Oh I am so regretting not going :cry:

Henning 8)
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Hi somewhat_nifty
I do have a video but I don't know how to upload either on the forum or youtube, hoping to have a friend to show me how this weekend. Sorry I only bought the camcorder for the concert and so glad I did although I have to say that I was not very good at all with it. Some of the clips are very shaky and some are all over the place but the sound is very good
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

It is great to read all the comments and the videos are just amazing memories we can watch whenever we want. The candle moment was just out of this world. I was in the front row, and to look back at the whole stadium and see the flickers of light all around was just heart warming. Ute, I love your sunset photograph, it is my new screen saver now. Here are a few more shots from the event. I managed to give my birthday card to one of the crew :)
Attachments
my birthday card for leonard
my birthday card for leonard
marie and Maarten
marie and Maarten
street musicians
street musicians
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

More
Attachments
MaryB, her man and Henning
MaryB, her man and Henning
Joe Bernadine Henning in the Gaudi Park
Joe Bernadine Henning in the Gaudi Park
Ann and I
Ann and I
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Maybe i should join Facebook! :)
Attachments
Killer Smile
Killer Smile
band coming back on stage
band coming back on stage
Trish
Trish
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Thank you for the reports, videos and photos. :) :) :)

Isolde
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi All,
Like so many people, I'd like to thank our Spanish friends and others for everything they did.
The concert with Jorcx,the IOW dvd,the lunch,the Tapas restaurant on Sunday evening (suggested by Beatriz),Leonard's concert, nothing could have been bettered.Even the football on Saturday night was a good game(Barcelona 5 Athletico Madrid2)
It was a fantastic weekend and I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms.
Lots of photos to post, but this one shows the banner that Liesbeth and Willy managed to get onto the stage.

Thanks again and hopefully Liverpool will play Barcelona in the Champions league and we can repay some of your hospitality.
Attachments
The forum banner displayed by The Webb Sisters
The forum banner displayed by The Webb Sisters
100_0366-1-1-1.jpg (29.62 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
kwills

Post by kwills »

Paul Zagreb wrote:
somewhat_nifty wrote:It was so thrilling he mentioned all the forum members - in addition to those listed by Paul Zagreb he mentioned Tom as well.
Tom forgive me or at least let me buy you a drink when we see each other on Friday!!!!

And such as they are my photos from the concert can be viewed at

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 969&ref=mf

I like the ones of Maarten!!!!

cheers

Paul

I know the photograph of Leonard on his own is slightly out of focus (photo number 9) but it's very atmospheric I think and I really like it.
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

the poster on stage... I was only a few feet from Leonard here. When he said during so long Marianne ' you all look so pretty'.... I shouted up to him ' so do you' :)
Attachments
was Henning mentioned in the paper too?
was Henning mentioned in the paper too?
Leonard looking at the poster
Leonard looking at the poster
with the birthday poster
with the birthday poster

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”