CONCERT REPORT: Prague, August 29

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
iveta

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Prague, August 29

Post by iveta »

And: It struck me again how much was Leonard giving us. Every time I saw him, I saw a man in peace with himself, a man who didn't need to impress, to strive for anything, to prove anything. He was just giving, giving, giving. Unbelievable, unforgettable evenings
Exaaaactly! Thank you! I love it!
What a shining spirit of the service, what a perfect offering.

If some of us did their jobs with just a half of the Unifying Hearts enthusiasm, we
could be out of crises soon.
But as for me, I´m far from that....metaphors are burning in my head since the concert, while my job is becoming secondary.
Of course I´m pathetic, I´ve spent my life getting the most impressive stuff out of the most impressive books. Malcolm Bradbury
ronnievv

Post by ronnievv »

Bridger15, I didn't mean the quotation from Tower of Song, which I recognized, of course - I meant the Priestly Blessing, which I didn't know before, so I thought that these parting words were Leonard's own. So much for our little misunderstanding :)
Veronika: Prague 2008/Berlin 2009/Bratislava 2009/Prague 2009/Prague 2013...
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

ronnievv wrote:Bridger15, I didn't mean the quotation from Tower of Song, which I recognized, of course - I meant the Priestly Blessing, which I didn't know before, so I thought that these parting words were Leonard's own. So much for our little misunderstanding :)
LC did write his final concert words. These parting words are Leonard's own.

The complainer was asking why he keeps using the same lines over and over. My reply was intented to convey that it is a "tradition" to repeat them. To me, the beautiful words he wrote for his concerts, capture the essence of the ancient Hebrew blessings, the same exact words that are still being invoked in Synagogues today.

Dr HGuy wrote an excellent article on this topic and included some Youtube examples.
http://1heckofaguy.com/2009/07/28/leona ... blessings/

As this is the Prague Concert thread, I don't want to go on too long. I hope this clears things up. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Still from LC concerts in Bratislava and Prague, not like discussing ... the wonder and beauty that I can not describe, except perhaps in the attempt to poetry .. I can not very English, forgive me, but I believe that I'll understand 8) :

There is no beginning
There is no end
Now there is just what it takes ..
his music
his words
he

Tips his hat
with humility greets
with the same humility before his audience
bow
and offers own soul
own heart
Himself

Suddenly I feel that I am in the temple
and above me spans from his words and tone
indescribable beauty of the temple dome
I am in the middle of Mass
Mass serving man
who believe every word perhaps
His voice makes my heart beat to the optimum
and I well
and I am painfully
and I have to cry and to laugh
and I .... happy
... at least for brief moments happy
and forget
the world outside
of human wickedness
for sadness
the losses
was about nothing
only music and words to me absorb
a voice resonating in every pore of my skin
I want to marry me shake
and feel it tomorrow
after tomorrow
per year
forever

Thank you, Mister Cohen, I love You 8) ...You're the most beautiful "gift" I received for my recent birthday ;-)
Your SuzanneT
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

:shock: Woah, the set list for this concert is a dream set list for me, LLL, Waiting for miracle, hey thats, AND Gypsy wife!!KEEP THIS FOR BARCELONA LEONARD!! ;-) ;-) ;-) 8) :lol:
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
Jana

Post by Jana »

I took a lot of Zoloft, Fevarin etc., you know... but the best, depot antidepressant I ever used was the LC concert in Prague in September 2008 (what´s the magic?). Since then I´ve been "travelling" with on these pages during the whole year. It was a great event this Saturday again although I didn´t see the authentical light of joy in your eyes this time and I missed more talking... But now I opened The book of longing which I bought on the concert and it makes me laugh. I´ve been a fan for 30 years. Thank you for everything.
Jana
Susy

Post by Susy »

To Suzanne T
" There is no beginning there is no end "(there will never be an end...!)
I feel beautiful and warm while I`m reading your poem !
Thank you for your lines.....Greetings ,Susanne :)
Susy
MarCis

Post by MarCis »

burningviolin wrote::shock: Woah, the set list for this concert is a dream set list for me, LLL, Waiting for miracle, hey thats, AND Gypsy wife!!KEEP THIS FOR BARCELONA LEONARD!! ;-) ;-) ;-) 8) :lol:
Ah! :D It was really dream setlist and deram gig. This concert was one from longest during the tour. It seems, that LC fancied Prague himself. ;-) I think that Gypsy wife caoxed two fans with banner in front seats lines. Anyway I daren't to play any other music from Sutarday, my head is still full of his songs.
But I regret that I didn't overtake to buy the ring with Unified heart symbol. :cry:
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Dear Suzanne T,

Beautiful poem, beautiful words! Thank you for sharing that, I believe that it reflects what so many of us feel after seeing Leonard perform in these wonderful concerts!

Peace,
Lisa
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Hello everyone
thank Lisa and Susy for your approval ... I just put on paper their innermost experience. It helps me to cope with strong experience and I am glad that they feel the same way as other people. As each of us would prefer to LC said personally ... I just hope that we will have a long time to him to experience the amazing moment ... :!:
Sun in the soul of all,SuzanneT
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

ALERT - there are videos on YouTube being posted by "MrFrais" (so far 4) that are wrongly labeled as being"Praha 09." Curious clips of audience and stage before and after the performance. The performances are apparently from London 2008 show.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”