Re: CONCERT REPORT: Bratislava August 28

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
silvinka

Post by silvinka »

Pan Lasica je jeden z mojich malych bohov, nijako ma neprekvapuje, ze tam bol. Mimochodom ma dve pesnicky, ktore sa tykaju podobnej temy ako Waiting For Miracle.[/quote]

(Ja ho mám tiež tam niekde zadefinovaného, tomu to VIP mietso "odpúšťam"... Ale 8 radov bolo podľa mňa veľa, dva rady by stačili-pre naozaj VIP, nie pre bývalých politikov... polovica z nich by si lístok nekúpila...Tie prvé rady mali podľa mňa určovať náladu celého publika, a keď sa tam na vtipe nikto nezasmeje resp keď LC spieva ..gift of a golden voice... a prvých 8radov ticho a nemo sedí pripečených na stoličkách... :neutral:(resp.polovica z nich tam vtedy ani nebola) aplauz začal až v 9.tej rade a pokračoval vyššie. Tiež aj mne chýbali srandičky, v Lucce to bolo ohľadom toho úplne iné, ale na sk publikum nereagovalo myslím podľa očakávaní, tak asi od toho upustili...neviem, tiež pieseň First We Take Manhattan začala búrlivo tak ako má byť, ale publikum sa nepridalo, tak sa zmenila na jemnú pieseň...v Taliansku sme spievali nahlas, všetci stáli... Ale myslím že sa zmeníme a nabudúce budeme lepšie publikum... ;-) V Lucce boli väčšie problémy s organizácoiu, usporiadateľky usádzali ľudí na zlé miesta, tí potom počas koncertu museli vstávať keď prišli tí ktorí tam mali sedieť naozaj...po koncerte sa nedalo normálne prejsť, lebo každý odhodil plastový pohár na zem, takže tam bolo niekoľko stoviek pohárov po námestí...takže toto by som bratislave nevyčítala, ale tých 8 VIP radov...ešte u nás trvá komunistická éra, niekto môže a niekto nie, niekto je privilegovaný...keby boli živí, bol by to iba problém nás, ktorí sme túžili byť bližšie, ale vip boli bez reakcie, takže to mohlo čiastočne narušiť koncert, dúfam ale že potlesk to celé vyrovnal :) Incheba nevstáva niekoľko krát za koncert len tak hocikedy ;-)

I was in Lucca last year and it was amazing, wonderful :D perfect, but there was problem with organization, people were comming 15-20 min after begin, organizers settled people down in the wrong seats,,, then they had to clear the seats and look for right seats, after the concert hundreds plastic cups stayd on the square, there are problems everywhere,,, I remeber the best from Lucca and I will from Bratislava too, I was happy to was there, maybe at the end we were standing to close and making pictures too much-I confess- I was also there. In Lucca there was a heap of people under stage at the end and I found it inapt, but after concert I felt badly I wasńt there-I was seating on my seat, and here in Bratislava I was full of emotions and I can´t abide at a place. LC must come once more ( and once more :D ) and we will be better ;-)
But you stand there so nice, in your blizzard of ice,
oh please let me come into the storm
iveta

Post by iveta »

and I .... happy
... at least for brief moments happy
Exactly Suzanne, I had a neck bacbone blockage that morning,
but that evening was a such a sheeeeer joy and relief, not only psychological but physical too...
Cute poem.
Captain Cate from Budapest wrote that it was like looking at the sea for a first time.
Reports and remarks here are the most realiable and truly unbiased source of information on the tour :)
Thanks Albert Noonan - great video!!
Sir Albert, Slovakia is the most grateful. Or at least I am.
Keeping watching it, dancing and jumping.
LC must come once more ( and once more ) and we will be better
I couldn’t make it for „gift of the golden voice“ , I couln'g laugh too, as the toilets we soooo far...
Regrets forever....blood upon my body, ice upon my soul.
But I exactly agree with everything you said, Silvinka – first seats simply are for the most enthusiastic fans, that’s vital ....
( Ale verim ze aspon Lasica sa fakt bavil aspon vo vnutri, pripadne to vyjadril dakym efeknym ironickym uskrncokom. Som rada ze tam bol, jemu sa to hodi. Maroska Geisberga ste nevideli?)
Of course I´m pathetic, I´ve spent my life getting the most impressive stuff out of the most impressive books. Malcolm Bradbury
jdhayes

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Bratislava, 28.8.2009

Post by jdhayes »

Bravo. Ich kann nur allem zustimmen, was Sie da geschrieben haben. Acht Mal habe ich seine Konzerte besucht und bin jedes Mal begeistert. Wir koennen froh sein, dass wir ihn nochmal zu sehen bekommen haben.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
silvinka

Post by silvinka »

Some pics from MARINA WIMMER, ( I´m still jealous of you ;-) )
IMAG0467.JPG
IMAG0471.JPG
LC 10.jpg
silvinka

Post by silvinka »

From MARINA WIMMER
LC 8.jpg
LC 6.jpg
LC 5.jpg
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

:D :D :D
Dear Silvinka!!!

Thank you so much.I am sitting in the office and opend the file and I saw this
picutes. :D
I would prefer more working. Not read than here :lol:
Marina
silvinka

Post by silvinka »

Dear Marina, you are so nice, I´ve send you messige ;-)
silvia
iveta

Post by iveta »

silvinka, marina, and again albert the cameraman - I'm most grateful
you make this thread such a wonderfull thing
Of course I´m pathetic, I´ve spent my life getting the most impressive stuff out of the most impressive books. Malcolm Bradbury
Juraj Mucko

Post by Juraj Mucko »

Hello there

Here are some pictures from the Bratislava concert
http://www.mucko.com/juraj/LCBratislava/index.html

Also many pictures from the Beograd concert
http://www.mucko.com/juraj/LCBeograd/index.html

Enjoy
Juraj
iveta

Post by iveta »

Thank you, a bit envious of your seat.
I liked the tower of song one.
i
iris

Post by iris »

Irish Al, Albert Noonan this is for you: I can`t stop listening to Lover lover lover in Bratislava.
Unbelievable good quality!!! Then I looked at the rest of your video`s. I can`t thank you enough, I deeply enjoy what you give us.
Especially the songs that Leonard sings and that are not not on Live in London cd/dvd.
Really, I thank you for this, I have no idea how it is possible to make such good quality of video`s but I just enjoy them very much!!!!
Guess I`m not the only one :-)
here is your love for all this
2008 amsterdam/rotterdam, 2009 antwerpen, 2010 gent/dortmund, 2012 gent/amsterdam, 2013 antwerpen/oberhausen/rotterdam/amsterdam
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

From the Slovak Spectator -

http://www.spectator.sk/articles/view/3 ... l_you.html
Leonard Cohen: I didn't come to fool you

7 Sep 2009
Beata Balogová Culture & Society
Slovak.jpg
“I'VE TOLD the truth, I didn't come to Bratislava to fool you,” he said, in the melancholic voice that has found its way into the hearts of even those Slovaks who were unable to fully taste all the shades of his sublime poetry.

Leonard Cohen walked on to the Bratislava stage with the modesty of the wise and dignity of a poet and told his audience that since he does not know when he and his Unified Heart Company would next come to town, they would give everything they had.

And so he did on August 28: Take This Waltz, Famous Blue Raincoat, So Long Marianne, If It Be Your Will, Suzanne, Hallelujah, Dance Me to the End of Love, First We Take Manhattan, In My Secret Life, The Future, The Tower of Song – to name but a few of the Cohenian gifts.

The 75-year old Canadian poet, singer and songwriter started his concert right on time, in a gentlemanly gesture which surprised those who arrived late, fooled by the assumption that mega-stars make the audience wait for their blessings. Not Leonard Cohen, who has it all: the grace and diligence of a man who is prepared to spend long weeks on a line of poetry until he can feel the pulse of the verse and is sure others will feel it too.

Bratislava’s Incheba Arena received a more decorous and elegant outfit than it would get for a run-of-the-mill concert. And it received Cohen, who sang most of his songs with his eyes closed and often went down on his knees, as though constantly paying respect to all the muses who have inspired him during his lifetime.

Perhaps because of that blend of intense fragility and strength, there was something personal in the way he connected with the public, something that opened for him the hearts of everyone who came that night to hear him. Many regarded the concert as perhaps the last chance to see Leonard Cohen performing, but when he took his guitar and played his music, such thoughts suddenly appeared indecent. Instead, one thought: may he just go on forever.
iveta

Post by iveta »

oh thank you, Sturgess, great reading, how can you check press of the world so carefully....I woudln't even know, here in Slovakia....
most grateful,
iveta

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”